Customer Service 866.965.0400

Problem with Adam's Spray bottles

Holder

Question

Just seeing if anyone has had similar issues. Twice today my spray nozzle has come off while detailing a car today. Once was with a 36 oz APC and got knocked down by an extension chord(spilled entire bottle. The other was a 16oz bottle I'd DS. Had hanging off my pocket, bottle fell and still had the sprayer stick to my pocket(also all contents were lost. I make sure to tighten these sprayers but they seem to work themselves loose.

Here's what my failed Adam's sprayers look like.

8229749520_66f38bb697.jpg

Broke just picking it up. More than likely it fatigued due to constantly having to re-tighten the sprayer. Of course when they break the contents go all over the floor. If it broke inside my truck I'd really be pissed.

Kwazar Mercury Pro + Liter Spray Bottles. (made in Poland). They come in 0.5 (17 oz.) and 1.0 Liter (33 oz.) sizes.

8227780091_ac5e042c30_o.jpg

I like that they come in different colors. That makes it easy to identify the contents.

Red = Detail Spray

Yelllow = All Purpose Cleaner

Green = Glass Cleaner

Blue = Waterless Wash

Don't get me wrong, I always perfer to buy American, but to me quality comes first.

Edited by rshadd

Here's what my failed Adam's sprayers look like.

8229749520_66f38bb697.jpg

Broke just picking it up. More than likely it fatigued due to constantly having to re-tighten the sprayer. Of course when they break the contents go all over the floor. If it broke inside my truck I'd really be pissed.

Kwazar Mercury Pro + Liter Spray Bottles. (made in Poland). They come in 0.5 (17 oz.) and 1.0 Liter (33 oz.) sizes.

8227780091_ac5e042c30_o.jpg

I like that they come in different colors. That makes it easy to identify the contents.

Red = Detail Spray

Yelllow = All Purpose Cleaner

Green = Glass Cleaner

Blue = Waterless Wash

Don't get me wrong, I always perfer to buy American, but to me quality comes first.

Love to sell the Kwazar sprayers, and they are made in Poland, not China.

Friends, how do you feel about buying a sprayer made in Poland? Other options include Italy, Germany, and Vietnam.

Buying from countries that pay a working wage similar to the USA is why we have towels made in Korea, and not China.....that, and because the China towels are SUB PAR, IMHO.........

Poland Average gross salary 870 € / 1,290 $, monthly (2010)

China Average gross salary $457 monthly (2010)

Edited by Adam

Italians make good sausage too!

While I've had a few minor things with the bottles (yeah, constantantly tightening the tops, some MRB leakage) they haven't been too bad. Switching to bottles like these seems like a big change, I mean, they have to be more expensive, right?

I think that we won't see the specials like the Mini-Turo Stick with free Green Wheel Cleaner I just picked up with the Black Friday deal. Granted, I already have plenty of bottles, but still...

Well, that, and, I know Adam's folks are great, but how are they going to get the 36 ounce items into a 1 liter bottle? :lol:

I have only had problems with 2 bottles, which are the same as many others have had - LI&C and MRB splitting, and only once each.

That being said, I am OK with containers from a country that pays it's workers a living wage.

I've never had mine crack as Rich's did where the head cracks off. They do become loose, but I've personnaly never seen that as an issue, as I'm just in the habit of tightening them up on the fly when I pick them up. The only issues I've had, is what I mentioned previously...cracked MFR & L&IC bottle cracking and clogging, that's about 3 bottles in a year in a half.

I have 4 of the Kwazar Mercury Pro's, and a Kwazar Venus Pro (Pressurized) sprayer. They are built extremely well and I've had them for over a year and a half with no issues so far.

Kwazar Pro's and Con's

Pro's

- Great for spreading product quickly, as they dispense on both strokes

- Very well built

- 4 different colors (although yellow seems out of stock for a year now) Yellow (APC), Red (DS) and I use the Green (CUC) and my blue one currenty holdd a different brand wheel cleaner.

- Great for DS, APC, WW and CUC where you would use more product

- .5 litre and 1 litre

Con's

- I don't like them for the Glass Cleaner, IPA, Undercarriage Spray (depending on vehicle), L&IC or anything Foaming like the GWC, as they don't have foaming nozzles for them.

- Not a fan of the spray adjustment. I prefer the spray/stream/off function

I think they are a great option to have for certain products, but I would be disappointed if they were my only option. In the end, I reach for the Adam's bottles just as much as the Kwazar's, about 50/50 I would say.

The Venus Pro's are really nice also, and have foaming attachments that you can purchase.

That's my buck and a half......:patriot:

Great input on the Kwazar bottles Dave, very thorough, articulate! If you could improve our bottles / sprayers, what would you suggest?

My personal opinion only.

Black Sprayers - The ones on the 36oz bottles are perfect. The spray/stream functions are spot on, and durability hasn't been an issue for me.

Foaming Sprayers - Work well but use alot of product with IMPROPER technique. If you don't sweep the bottle when you spray, the foam kind of just bounces off whatever you spraying it at. That's minor, not really an issue for me because I have the technique down. Recommendation - I wish it had a Foam/Off/Stream/Off nozzle.

Clear Sprayers - The ones on the 16oz bottles. The spray/stream functions are perfect, especially 1/4 to 1/2 sprays, for example light misting a Glass Cleaner. Recommendation - 1. Improve durabilty. I've cracked quite a few through my own negligence (IMO not to excessive of a drop, because then I would expect them to break), but they seem to crack much easier then the black ones. 2. Become loose rather easy. 3. Clog with the L&IC (intermitten)

Pump Sprayer - The ones on the 4oz bottles. No issues, although I prefer the Glass Sealant in spray form, but it clogs up the sprayer. I don't like applying it with the few drops on the MF Applicator, because I feel like I'm missing some of the glass. Again, personal taste.

Gallon Pumps - No issues. Only use them with the Car Shampoo though.

4 oz Bottles - No issues with the bottle.

16oz Bottles - My issues have been 2 cracking with the Microfiber revitalizer. They developed hairline cracks in the bottom and product seeped out. My laundry room is on the second floor, so heat/cold was not a factor.

36oz Bottles - No issues so far. Then again, I only have them for APC and DS.

Gallon Bottles - No issues.

Thanks for the inquiry Adam:thumbsup:

I like plastic... if I drop it on my ride it won't scratch or chip. All plastic will deteriorate over time . I try to rotate them out as the year goes on.

When the 36oz sizes came out I started refilling these with the gallons on hand ; not as much refilling.No problems. The foreign bottles look cool but come on ; we're a functional based group.

If you do anything make the bottles with a similar material as the gallons or least more pliable. That will cost more and surely passed on to the customer.

Enough of my ramblings .... time to do wheels.

I am guessing everyone is like me when it comes to sprayers. We have more than we use and the remainders have to be stored somewhere. Mine are stored in the garage is a plastic container just like my towels, while my product is stored in the house.

I have not had any sprayers problems yet, but could the heat and cold of the garage be wearing down the plastic quicker than normal? Just a thought.

I suffered the micro crack in the bottom of one of my bottles today. Leaked 3/4 of the contents of a bottle of leather and interior cleaner. Again, not Adam's fault, but a manufacturing fault. I'll be ordering another bottle of cleaner.

Steve

I suffered the micro crack in the bottom of one of my bottles today. Leaked 3/4 of the contents of a bottle of leather and interior cleaner. Again, not Adam's fault, but a manufacturing fault. I'll be ordering another bottle of cleaner.

Steve

I'd get a hold of Adams. They WILL replace it!!! ;)

I have to think it was just a bad batch of bottles. I inspected all of my other 16oz bottles, 2 bottles of detail spray, 4 bottles of polish and wax, glass cleaner, leather conditioner, all purpose cleaner, etc. and only the leather and interior cleaner bottle had a crack.

I love the fact that Adams does their best to exclusively use American made products......unfortunately I believe this has become a very difficult task in the current "world economy." I'm completely "down" with quality products from other nations when similar American made products can't measure up. Having said that I too have a few issues with the tops coming off the spray bottles and having to insure they are tight but I do like that particular design. The Polish design....not so much but the color coding thing is nice.