Customer Service 866.965.0400

FYI...towel cost, etc.

Hey guys! File this one under "For what it's worth." I'm a member of a Challenger forum and thought you might be interested in this particular thread. Drying Towels - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Adams towels are mentioned as being good but to costly with other, cheaper towels out there that equal or exceed the Adams product. Tried making the case about being US made and quality but I'm an Adams Noob and I had no answer for the latest comment about there being no US made microfiber fabric out there. That it all comes from the Orient.

Adam's is not a cost competitive brand... we admit it and we wouldn't want to be. Competing at the lowest possible price point means we'd have to roll back on support, research, guarantees, shows, heck... this forum wouldn't be as active or exist if we attempted to compete on price alone. We are still the only company in the business that offers a 110% money back satisfaction guarantee and the level of support and interaction that has made us as popular as we are today.

Service, support, and guarantees add to the cost of any products. Then factor in that we also offer only the highest quality supplies you will pay a premium.

The 'walmart' shopping culture/style of most people tends to ignore VALUE in favor of PRICE... and yes, those 2 terms are very much different. Price is what you pay, value is what you get for your money.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

In regard to drying products, I've tried almost all of them over the years. And while I'm admittedly a loyal user of Adam's products, I can honestly say with all objectivity that the Great White towel is the best one I've used so far. It was one of the first Adam's products I tried because I've literally never been satisfied with any other drying product, and I had resigned myself to just using the softest towels I could find. I was hooked with the first use because the GW did the work of two large towels and didn't harm my paint. The fact that it comes from a company with unparalleled customer service is just icing on the cake. (mmm, cake!:drool:)

Edited by Redbeard

The 'walmart' shopping culture/style of most people tends to ignore VALUE in favor of PRICE... and yes, those 2 terms are very much different. Price is what you pay, value is what you get for your money.

THIS! Paying a little more for a quality product which will continue to serve you YEARS after the cheap-o product has been thrown away is where real value is at. It's a lesson I have been slowly teaching my wife with each Adam's order LOL

Larry - what you have come across on the other forum is a good representation of the detailing world's opinion on Adams products...good products but more costly than other similar products. As Dylan points out, this is certainly no secret in the industry as any quick price comparison to other high quality brands will show.

You simply need to decide if the "Adams" premium is worth it to you based on the perks Dylan mentioned above. After basically buying everything up front, I am now deciding which products I simply cannot live without and will continue to restock those items for my personal use. For all the other consummable items (especially items not made in the USA - clay, towels, etc), I have decided to purchase more cost effective items from other reputable brands. This is not a knock on Adams and is simply me being a responsible shopper to fund my little detailing hobby.

If the money isnt a deciding factor for you, then by all means look no further than here. The atmosphere is great, the products are effective and the customer service is top-notch!

My brief .02 because this subject ticks me off.

I've priced many, many, many other brands. There are tons more expensive.

I have nearing 50 Adam's MF's at least...all bought on BOGO or a huge discount.

These are the same guys (haven't read this specific thread) that will buy $200 - $1K wax's all while having 50 jars of wax on their shelves, 50 types of trim dressings, 10 car shampoo's, etc. And then buy Costco MF towels!? Really?

To the OP, let the products do the talking. It's not worth your time and effort to try and keyboard reason with people.

EDIT: My apologies for the slight bash, I don't usually stoop to that level.

Edited by 07RS4

WOW! Didn't mean to start a fire storm guys! And I DEFINITELY don't wish to give the wrong impression. As I stated I'm brand new to the Adam's Family......(LOL! did I just say that?).......made me think of Lurch, Gomez,.....but I digress.... I'm D&^% Proud to be part of the family! I'm also very fortunate that I personally don't have to shop for bargain brand stuff and am very cognizant of the price/value relationship. Always been a firm believer in you get what you pay for and that's why I'm here. I was just a little taken back when reading that stuff on the other forum. Felt like my Peeps were being dissed and was simply seeking a little counsel from my more experienced friends here at Adams. Sorry if I caused any angst. :)

Adam's is not a cost competitive brand... we admit it and we wouldn't want to be. Competing at the lowest possible price point means we'd have to roll back on support, research, guarantees, shows, heck... this forum wouldn't be as active or exist if we attempted to compete on price alone. We are still the only company in the business that offers a 110% money back satisfaction guarantee and the level of support and interaction that has made us as popular as we are today.

Service, support, and guarantees add to the cost of any products. Then factor in that we also offer only the highest quality supplies you will pay a premium.

BOOYAH!!!! We're in a similar boat as Adams. Our company won't always be the cheapest, but we'll bend over backwards to solve your problems and make you happy. The big boys won't do that.

Sorry folks, but that costs money. I really wish people would stop with the Wal-Mart mentality. Wal-Mart SUCKS! :mad::)

Sometimes you get lucky and get a HELL of a product for a low price, but more than not, that's not the case. Most of the time you get lucky so you order again and they've changed the product and replaced it with a inferior one.

Chris

Edited by Chewy

BOOYAH!!!! We're in a similar boat as Adams. Our company won't always be the cheapest, but we'll bend over backwards to solve your problems and make you happy. The big boys won't do that.

Sorry folks, but that costs money. I really wish people would stop with the Wal-Mart mentality. Wal-Mart SUCKS! :mad::)

Sometimes you get lucky and get a HELL of a product for a low price, but more than not, that's not the case. Most of the time you get lucky so you order again and they've changed the product and replaced it with a inferior one.

Chris

Same with us Chris. We aren't cheap because we offer our customers great value for their dollar; consulting, staff training, top notch service, etrc. Our company continues to grow because we out service the competition.

Adam's gets my business because this company reminds me so much of my employer. Both the CEO and the President of our company have their direct extensions in our price book and when you call them THEY answer. Their cel numbers are on their cards. When I met Adam this summer at Bloomington Gold he gave me a few of his cards and told me "if I can ever do anything for you just ask." :thumbsup: And for those of you who don't have one of his business cards, Adam's cel number is on it as well.

IMO Adam's Polishes products are superior to everything I've used in the past..

On top of the great service, forum, etc, that is included from this great American Company, they've made the products 'easier' to be around.. what I mean by this is the scents that the products have versus some of the more nasty chemical smells on the market, as well as the ease of use with everything..

All of this adds VALUE to their products and paying more for these 'additives' is understandable..

To add to the "ease" of use, the products and instructions videos make it so anyone who wants to detail be able to. Other companies have tons of different polishes and pads and all types of combos which makes someone have to try everything to see what works. For example, adams has one shampoo. One. Then they say how you can use it in many different ways to fit many needs. Other companies have 6 or 7 shampoos, 4 of which do the same thing. Adams does it right

To add to the "ease" of use, the products and instructions videos make it so anyone who wants to detail be able to. Other companies have tons of different polishes and pads and all types of combos which makes someone have to try everything to see what works. For example, adams has one shampoo. One. Then they say how you can use it in many different ways to fit many needs. Other companies have 6 or 7 shampoos, 4 of which do the same thing. Adams does it right

Agreed.

I find something that works and stick to it. That just happened to be Adams...

Although, I have been wanting to get my hands on some of the Zaino yellow borderless towels to see how they compare to the double and single softs. They are very popular and always out of stock.

I'd like to point out that if you wait for a sale or get a daily special, where sometimes a free towel is a part of the deal, the price can be just fine for these quality towels.

Edited by Marre

theres only one other company i trust a drying towel from, and that said I only have ONE of theirs as it is much overpriced and I only used it when all my great whites are nasty. That being said, I have 9 Great Whites now :D hahaha, and next time theres a great deal around I'll add another as Adams knows how to take care of their customers and rotates sales much much better than other companies. Ill tell you one thing, my money spent on Adams quality products that I haven't had to replace had made me much more cash than I have spent, especially never having to replace their products when they fail, cause I have yet had a big failure that wasnt fixed by them. Keep it up guys!

I find something that works and stick to it. That just happened to be Adams...

Although, I have been wanting to get my hands on some of the Zaino yellow borderless towels to see how they compare to the double and single softs. They are very popular and always out of stock.

I picked up several of these prior to finding adams. I prefer the DS over them anyday. Actually gave the z towels to my son.

Sent from the Dark Side

On topic: the GW is THE BEST drying MF (microfiber, not the other MF word...but that word would still fit accurately...LOL!) I've ever used! Yes, the price is rather high BUT the quality & value exceed it's price. I've never been more pissed snagging a towel like I get with the GW :explode:. Like someone else said, I can't afford to go cheap. My clients satisfaction with their huge smiles of amazement, sometimes huge $$$ tips and my company's growing reputation won't allow me to waste money on lower priced lower quality products. I make no apologies for that. Take you ride to the guy in the corner parking lot using Windex on you S550 hood with the same Wal-Mart MF he just used on the 364 day rain-washed Corolla minutes before you (yes, I've actually witnessed this). SMH

Thanks Adam's! :patriot:

EDIT: Somewhere in the was suppose to be the OFF TOPIC label :lol:

Edited by Integrity Detailing, LLC