Customer Service 866.965.0400

I always said I'd never buy adams microfiber.

FarbeyondDriven

Question

So i always said to myself i wouldnt buy adams microfiber towels because they were to darn expensive. I would always buy an 8pack of towels at wal-mart for 5$.

Well with some of the specials i wound up buying i got a bunch of free towels with them. I've kept them in the bags and never used them.

So today i decided i would detail my powerdercoated wheels i had in the garage. (Summer wheels) These are powdercoated gloss black and look like someone cleaned them with a dry paper towel. Theres swirl marks everywhere! So i took my porter cable and did a full correction on them.

After i did the first wheel, i had the paint damn near perfect. I was admiring it and thought "WOW, that looks great". I grabbed one of my wal-mart towels and buffed off the residue, and to my amazement.... i scratched the **** out of the wheels!!! The towel was brand new, clean, right out of the package... (it was really easy to see on these wheels how much i scratched them because the wheels are gloss black, and they were right under these super bright lights) .So i redid the correction to get all the scratches i just made. I then decided it was time to open up an adams microfiber towel and see what all the buzz was about.

Well i opened it up, and holy cow is that thing soft. (i could only imagine the double soft). I have terribly dry skin, and microfiber towels always wind up latching on to my hands, the adams towels did not though. It was so soft!! So i went and buffed off the residue with this new amazingly soft towel, and to my amazement, NO SCRATCHES! Perfection.

I was always against spending the money on adams towels, i felt they did the same thing any other towel would do.. Well i was so wrong.

My next order is going to consist of waterless wash towels, great white drying, single soft, double soft, and the glass towels. I could not believe ive been using such crap towels for so long. Man was i missing out!! I wont trust any other towel to touch my paint! Thanks adams for such a great product!!!

I did the same thing I polished my car and went pfft I think everyone's being dramatic over the towels.. Well it scratched my car!!! Just In one spot then I seen it right away! From that moment on its Adams products only ever, no screwing around just get the best and your good to go :) and they are so so soft

I was in your boat awhile back too. I didn't want to open them. I've picked so many up on daily/weekly specials I now have a huge stash of Single Soft towels. And I probly spent a less on the Single Soft towels then the cheap brand of towel.

Make sure you pick up the Revitalizer to keep them in good shape and they'll last a long time.

Thank you...thread proves my point I've always said. Hit the specials up, and you'll end up paying less than the cheap ones. Also, do the CD test with any towel, and you will get a good idea if it will scratch your clear.

Yeah, with all the specials and package deals I've paid maybe half price for all my towels. But the bigger point is what you said about the cheap towels scratching and causing you to have to re-do your work. Think of the extra time and product the good towels save you!

I still have a bunch not used yet in their Adams wrapper but it looks like Im going to need to have a few more with this special. They are amazing towels

Revitalizer yesterday and double softs today. Im going to need another job if I keep this up!

LOL... this line resonated with me. I think we've all used a crummy microfiber before, and nothing is a better indication of poor quality chinese towels than when they stick to your hands like velcro. :lolsmack:

Haha beat me to it!

This is one of the things I always show people when we are out at shows talking about the do's and don'ts of choosing quality microfiber towels. My calluses are like magnets to cheap MF towels.

LOL... this line resonated with me. I think we've all used a crummy microfiber before, and nothing is a better indication of poor quality chinese towels than when they stick to your hands like velcro. :lolsmack:

True dat! I use the cheap ones on our counters, stove top and stainless in the house and they're literally like velcro.

My Adams are ONLY for the car. Unless doing glass... Then the Adams glass towels come out. HOLY COW are they great. :banana:

This exactly. Even some of the more expensive towels at big box and auto parts stores do this with a price point a few dollars cheaper than adams towels.

I was a little sceptical at first as well, then I felt one it didnt grab my dry rough hands and was like oh my goodness I need these NOW :lol:

my skin is beyond dry/rough. I work in health care, so i usually wash my hands about 50 times in an 8 hour shift, drying the hell out of my hands. Then i play handball. (american handball) With no glove of course, then finish up my night at the gym lifting weights. Leaves my hand caliced beyond belief. Those cheap microfiber towels literally would stick to my hand like velcro. id be able to pick it up just by putting my palm on it.

but not with adams, really amazing stuff!!!

Yeah, the Adam's towels are really wonderfully soft. It's even hard to describe the difference between these quality microfibers and the cheap ones. Heck, there isn't a way to describe the difference, the Adam's are even in the same class, they are simply head and shoulders above the cheap ones, there is not comparison. And yes, I do need to get some more Adam's microfibers, you can never have enough!

my skin is beyond dry/rough. I work in health care, so i usually wash my hands about 50 times in an 8 hour shift, drying the hell out of my hands. Then i play handball. (american handball) With no glove of course, then finish up my night at the gym lifting weights. Leaves my hand caliced beyond belief. Those cheap microfiber towels literally would stick to my hand like velcro. id be able to pick it up just by putting my palm on it.

but not with adams, really amazing stuff!!!

I know exactly what you mean too. As someone that has worked in healthcare too, your hands get trashed. I have gotten into the operations side of the house and no patient care, but I'm still rough on my hands. Adam's towels are amazing in how they glide across everything, even sandpaper hands!

I still have a bunch not used yet in their Adams wrapper but it looks like Im going to need to have a few more with this special. They are amazing towels

Revitalizer yesterday and double softs today. Im going to need another job if I keep this up!

Mark, looks good in your basement, you could find a stock MF towel. lol

:lolsmack:

i just opened one of my many adams microfibers today and WOW! these things really are really the pinnacle of you get what you pay for...you pay a good amount but you get a truly superior microfiber. as of today all cheap brand microfibers i owned are now in my trash and its all adams microfibers from here on out!!!