Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Deep Wheel Cleaner: My Thoughts

I was pretty excited to hear that this product was going to be released. I recieved my Deep Wheel Cleaner yesterday and was lucky enough to try it out on a 2011 Subaru WRX. The owner of this card tends to drive it pretty hard, you could say drive it like the car was meant to be driven. :rockon:

I've cleaned this WRX a number of different times. I always struggled with getting the barrels of the wheels cleaned. I would always go back wipe with DS and would come back with a nasty dirty towel when I was done. I thought the new Deep Wheel Cleaner would be prefect to try out on these wheels.

So I followed all the instuctions and used it just like Adam used it in the video. Also I wanted to give the new stuff a try on exhaust tips, whick on these cars are always in need of cleaning.

As far as the new 360z bottle goes, I like it. It's the same hight as the 16oz bottles which means they fit under the Rolling Detail Seat which is awesome. I never had a safe plae to set my regular 36oz bottles and they're always falling off my seat.

The Smell. Everyone is talking about the smell. It's different, not as strong as most wheel cleaners but still a little pungent. The smell hung around through the entire car washing process and I can still smell it on my hands a few hours later. I will be using latex gloves next time I use this porduct. I thing they did a great job hiding the 'acid' smell that comes with this type of cleaner.

The wheels on this WRX weren't too terribly dirty except for the barrels. After all 4 and 2 exhaust tips wheels I was suprised tofind that I didn't have to used too much product.

On top of loving the new DWC, the New Lug and Trim Brush is a huge improvement over the Lug Brush. I like the longer skinnier handle that makes it easier to maneuver. The brissels are a smaller diameter which makes cleaning the actual lug holes some much easier. I stll love my old Lug Brush and will continue to use it for the hard to reach areas for the wash process.

Give me a few Minutes for some pictures.:2thumbs:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Thanks for the write up. If my box gets here tomorrow, weather looking good... I may do a write up as well..

I'm waiting for pics.

Well...

Well....

Where's the pics!!!,!!

:)

So where's the "after" pics? :D

I just got mine, but won't get to use it for a bit. 6" of snow yesterday and off and on snow today. Meetings tomorrow, and a trip to Maryland Sunday. Not much time coming up. But soon. I'm anxious to try it. My wheels on my DD are in bad, bad need. :help:

I really enjoyed using this product and can see myself using it a lot in the future. It just made cleaning the barrels of the wheels 10x easier.

Hoping to see Gallon Deep Wheel Cleaner refills soon.E

Edited by A_HoderSS

Good stuff man! Looks like it did well on the exhaust tips too which isn't something we tested much, but makes sense for certain cars for sure.

Your thoughts on the sprayer/coverage? We were impressed at how well this product spread with a regular, non-foaming, sprayer and clung to the wheels.

Good stuff man! Looks like it did well on the exhaust tips too which isn't something we tested much, but makes sense for certain cars for sure.

Your thoughts on the sprayer/coverage? We were impressed at how well this product spread with a regular, non-foaming, sprayer and clung to the wheels.

The coverage with the normal sprayer is great. 4-5 pulls of the trigger and I had enough to clean the wheel. The product spreads well with the normal sprayer. It also clings really well throughout the entire cleaning process, from initial spray to the final scrub with the Boars Hair Brush.

I usually clean exhaust tips with APC and even with the foam sprayer it runs right off before it can completely do its work. The Deep Wheel Cleaner clings on and starts activating.

A buddy also tried some on his 750i and he said his wheels have never been cleaner.

How did this make it easier for you in comparison to using GWC if you don't mind me asking?

Still waiting on my product to arrive and have been using solely GWC. I have used S***X before and stopped due to the smell and the fact that it doesn't seem to remove all the dust (Challenger with Brembo's dust horribly). I still had to get in there and clean them so I figured If I still have to touch the wheels to clean them may as well stick to GWC,

I really enjoyed using this product and can see myself using it a lot in the future. It just made cleaning the barrels of the wheels 10x easier.

Hoping to see Gallon Deep Wheel Cleaner refills soon.E

How did this make it easier for you in comparison to using GWC if you don't mind me asking?

Still waiting on my product to arrive and have been using solely GWC. I have used S***X before and stopped due to the smell and the fact that it doesn't seem to remove all the dust (Challenger with Brembo's dust horribly). I still had to get in there and clean them so I figured If I still have to touch the wheels to clean them may as well stick to GWC,

GWC isn't as strong of a cleaner by nature. This is a more aggressive cleaner, smells better, and performs better than the "other" brand's cleaner. In fact, in the limited time I did use it, it cleaned better than any other wheel cleaner I've used. That's what the goal was, and we hit it. You still need to agitate the crud off the surface, but now it's easier, less work to get there.

I have a feeling your package will be there early next week ;)

Mook

I'm sorry if this question has been posted and addressed earlier, but does this cleaner degrade existing wax/sealant that may have been previously applied to the wheel? I'm assuming no because of it being ph neutral, but thought I would ask to be sure.

I'm sorry if this question has been posted and addressed earlier, but does this cleaner degrade existing wax/sealant that may have been previously applied to the wheel? I'm assuming no because of it being ph neutral, but thought I would ask to be sure.

i asked the same question in another thread. yes it's pH neutral but isn't after it reacts with the metallics its cleaning. also this cleaner should only be used on really dirty wheels to begin with, which would need a coat of protection put on afterwards anyways ;)

Used mine today after i took the wifes honda accord thru the car wash. the wheels were still somewhat dirty after that.. took the DWC to them and it shined them right up! Sprayed it on the rim... let it set in for a minute, used the new lugnut brush to work it into the little areas, then used my brush to agitate the rest of the wheel. next i used the wheel woolie for the barrel of the wheel and it worked NICELY!

rinsed off and was very pleased with the results :)