Customer Service 866.965.0400

wiper blade recommendations

hemi1300

any recommendations for the best beam style type wiper blade?  Have been using bosch icon for the last few years and doesn't really seem like they seem to be lasting as long as they used to.  Any other brands better than bosch, was thinking about trying trico or michelin stealth blades

Decided to go with the Bosch icon again. Last time I replaced them on both the wife's jeep and my truck was about a year ago, does that sound like normal life span for wipers?

I do mine annually, usually at the beginning of snow season for the DD and the beginning of summer for the seasonal rides.  Not sure if thats overkill or not, but it sure is nice to have good blades when you need them. 

I've been doing parts retail while going to school for the past few years. Any of the big box stores (Oreillys, Advance, Zone) will top out at the Icons. One year is twice as long as traditional style blades typically last. Wipe the edge off with a towel every few washes. If you're in cold weather you will see less life from wipers than those in warmer climates. If you start them on an icy windshield they will be toast quickly. UV rays will damage them if the car is outside all the time. So many factors come into play. Also, your tolerance, or opinion, of what makes a wiper blade "used up." I get tons of customers who replace them when the rubber dry rots so bad it's about to break.

I also believe Dylan posted a tip to use some fine grit sand paper to knock the hard edge off that wipers get after some time and allow soft rubber to form to the glass.

Just installed the trico force blades. So far very impressed...they even stocked a 15" for the g8. With a freshley clayed and fine machine polished windsheild...sealed with rainx (hopefully not breaking any rules) and they wipe perfect everytime...usually I dont even have to use them over 60kmh.