Customer Service 866.965.0400

Total Interior Detailer over Interior/Leather Conditioner?

jtrade

Question

Hello All!  I ordered The Perfect Interior Kit a while back (my first Adam's products) & got the chance to use some of them today...  

- I used the Leather/Interior Cleaner on the whole interior with a utility towel

- Then the glass cleaner (freakin rocks but read in other threads people use utility towels then the green towels cause I had some issues with the green towels sticking)

- Then applied Leather/Interior Conditioner to everything (had a hard time seeing if it was actually getting applied using the red applicators due to the tan interior but I'm hoping I got it applied everywhere)

Couple of questions I could not find by searching...  When do you use the Interior Detail Spray?  Is it OK to use it after the Leather Conditioner?  I didn't want to mess up the SPF of the conditioner so I didn't use any Interior Detail Spray today.  I live in SW GA and really need the SPF protection, especially in the summer.  Windows will be tinted soon to help as well.

Also, how often to use the Leather/Interior Cleaner?  Every time I clean the interior?

The vehicle is basically brand new & still looks brand new on the inside so I was not sure how often to use the Leather/Interior cleaner...

Thanks everyone!

J

And a Pic of Today's Lineup, all freshly opened...

Adams_Interior_Lineup.jpg

He's saying to keep the exterior products for the exterior and the interior products for the interior.

Thanks, Im really dumb when it comes to this stuff...  Honestly, I have never purchased products of this "quality" before and have no idea what all 1 certain product can be used for...  This is all really 1 HUGE learning lesson for me...

I do know I was out of regular carpet spray for the home and 1 of our puppy had an accident, literally 20 mins ago... Put a sprayer in the new Adam's Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner that came with the kit and boy does it work, better than the regular "One Shot" household carpet crap we use & I probably used 1/10th of what I would with the "One Shot"...  

Edited by jtrade

Not really, lil confused...   :unsure:

I think he is trying to be funny :banana: , I posted interior detailer (total interior detailer). I  wouldnt suggest "detail spray" on the interior of your car, lol!

Nonetheless, I think that it can be overwhelming and addicting at the same time with all the great products Adam's has to offer! Enjoy your car! :rockon:

Detail Spray is not like ArmorAll.  It's meant for the EXTERIOR of your vehicle and for paint primarily. It's a shine boost.  It's not going to clean  your dash, moisten your leather, or seal your windows. 

Use the appropriate products in the appropriate way on the appropriate surfaces for the BEST results. 

Just saying.

And I don't think I've ever used the word "appropriate" that many times in a sentence.........ever!  :lolsmack:

Geez you really want to prove you shouldn't use DS on your interior Rich.

For plastic parts like door panels and the dash, it won't strip the Leather Conditioner (what my research tells me), and is a great quick duster.  I wouldn't use it on my leather though, that is reserved for the Leather Conditioner.

Just sayin' :).  Like I said, do whatever works for you buddy!

Before TID was intoduced I used to do a DS wipedown on my interior.  I was not trying to clean or protect anything, just knock off the dust and leave the pleasant DS smell.  Now I do a TID wipe down to do light cleaning, add some protection, and cut down on the dust.    

Im pretty impressed with the Leather & Interior Conditioner...  It has been a little over 2 weeks since I detailed the interior of my vehicle with it and it looks just as good today as it did when I applied it!!  Also I does not appear to have any dust building up on the dash which another member mentioned is a good place to use the Total Interior Detailer which has anti-static properties...  

New to my arsenal will be a few more Adam's products which should be here on Wednesday!  More for the outside of the vehicle this time tho!

Edited by jtrade

I need some white micro fibers and also some of the microfiber revitalizer I guess cause I have no clue how to properly wash them as the glass micro is kinda dirty I used yesterday...  Gonna have to read up on the proper washing techniques for these bad boys cause all I have owned before are the 3 for $1.50 cheapos...

That's easy to tell you man, just remember these rules:

1) No bleach

1) No/low heat (on dryer)

2) No fabric softener/sheets    ( Hey that all rhymes!)

I have a small container hanging on the side of my garage shelf that all my microfibers go into after drying, use, buffing, cleaning, etc.  When I get up to about 15-20 towels I take them in the basement and use my Microfiber specific detergent (Adams MR&B is basically the same thing but I haven't bought any yet), usually a few spritzes of APC as a pre-treat, then I run a hot wash and cold rinse cycle on regular, with just 1-2 oz. of the detergent in the load.  I prefer a hot wash as it really loosens up any crap in the towels.  Then toss in the dryer on low heat until dry.  Air fluff works even better, but is slower.

Now if you are extremely OCD and don't want your great white or double softs to become Great Pinks and Double Pinks, you might want to wash them separate.  However, I use Detail spray when drying anyway so all my white towels take on a pink tinge, its no big deal to me as the towel still works great.

Hope that helps!

Wait a minute. You say you're using the Leather and Interior Cleaner? You keep using it over and over again you WILL dry out.  You shouldn't be getting streaks from cleaning.  Use the Leather Conditioner!  And IF you get streaks using that, that's good!  It means your leather is dry and that it's soaking the conditioner up at different rates.......some spots are dryer than others, soaking it up faster, and showing up lighter than other spots.  Keep reapplying until you get a uniform finish. Like I said before, I use it on everything in the car except the plastic and glass and carpet, but I use it on the dash, the doors, the shift boot, console, arm rests, seats, etc. 

Hi Rich,

What product do you use to clean your interior plastics?

Thanks,

Allan

Allan, for plastics, I use the Total Interior Spray when I'm ambitious. Otherwise, I generally just wipe it off with the cloth I used for the leather conditioner, then buff it with a clean rag. 

Let the flaming begin.  :P

Allan, for plastics, I use the Total Interior Spray when I'm ambitious. Otherwise, I generally just wipe it off with the cloth I used for the leather conditioner, then buff it with a clean rag. 

Let the flaming begin.  :P

I did the same and the Interior of our Optima has stayed darn near spotless...  I vaccummed it this past weekend and that was all it needed as the interior still looked good from when I used Leather and Interior Conditioner almost 2 months ago...  I did use an attachment to vaccum up some dust/dirt around where the windshield and dash meet plus around the vents, etc...

When we get back home I plan on giving everything another good coat, espeically the leather seats, of Leather & Interior Cleaner...  I may try some of the Interior Detailer on some of the plastics but I really like the finish of the Leather & Interior Cleaner...

Edited by jtrade