Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Cleaning

Revlimiter

Question

I dont know if anybody on here has performed any detailing on the newer Audi S4's that have the same wheels as mine here in the pic. The question i have  is  which Adams wheel cleaner should i be using on the wheels to get the best results and not to damage them in the process. Adams Green Wheel Cleaner or Adams Deep wheel Cleaner.

post-11113-0-33224500-1391053682_thumb.jpg

post-11113-0-87900200-1391053802_thumb.jpg

Edited by Revlimiter

12 answers to this question

Here is a comparison I've done of the two.  GWC will be fine as long as you don't go months between cleanings.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/23021-dwc-vs-gwc-test-and-more/

Thanks for the info i usually keep my cars some what spotless pretty much regular car shampoo does the trick like i said before i was just wondering if there was one particular one i should be using.

I dont know if anybody on here has performed any detailing on the newer Audi S4's that have the same wheels as mine here in the pic. The question i have  is  which Adams wheel cleaner should i be using on the wheels to get the best results and not to damage them in the process. Adams Green Wheel Cleaner or Adams Deep wheel Cleaner.

attachicon.gif580557_10152872281730648_49462035_n.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2912.JPG

GREAT question, I just got my S5 last week and have the same wheels.  I know this might not be the best place to ask, but does Adam's still offer the mobile chair that you can use when detailing your wheels.  I looked in accesories and didn't see it.

I'm assuming deep wheel cleaner will strip any protection you have on there, will green wheel cleaner do the same or is it safe to use over your wax/sealant.

DWC, mos def, GWC, probably.  Try Car Wash Shampoo first, then diluted GWC (60% GWC, 40% water) before moving up to full strength GWC.    

I would definitely make sure to put a coat of sealant on the wheels after using Deep Wheel Cleaner. See my other thread about using DWC often, for my normal maintenance washes I prob only need to deep clean my wheels 2-3 times a year and I seal them afterwards for tight beading and protection.