Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Stingray Detail

Night Stash

After finally getting some decent weather this weekend it was time to get some protection on my new Stingray. 

Started off with a good wash with a small amount of APC in the soap to help strip anything that was applied prior. 

image.jpg

Next it was time for some clay. It's amazing how bad the paint can be on a brand new car that has barely spent anytime outdoors. With the baggy it felt like sand paper. I was expecting some clay would be needed but not the entire car. I was dead wrong. 

image-2.jpg

Back outside for another wash after claying. 

image-1.jpg

After close inspection of the paint I located a few small areas that needed corrected with Paint Finishing Polish.  For the most part the paint was in great shape but I instructed the dealership to not touch it when the car arrived. 

All taped up and ready for some protection. I decided on Liquid Paint Sealant with some American to follow.  I have never owned a white car and the application of Liquid Paint Sealant and it's black color on white paint was different. It was helpful with even application of the product. Where to much was applied you could see the dark color and make another pass to even it out. 

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

After the sealant was allowed to cure and removed it was time for some Americana paste. Call me weird but I really enjoy the hand application of this premium wax. There is something about this final step that is amazing. 

image-5.jpg

The lighting was terrible by the time I had finished and I was unable to capture any finished photos with my iPhone.  I will try to get out and grab some soon hopefully. 

I decided on Liquid Paint Sealant with some American to follow.  I have never owned a white car and the application of Liquid Paint Sealant and it's black color on white paint was different. It was helpful with even application of the product. Where to much was applied you could see the dark color and make another pass to even it out. 

After the sealant was allowed to cure and removed it was time for some Americana paste. Call me weird but I really enjoy the hand application of this premium wax. There is something about this final step that is amazing. 

Nice job.  I agree with you on this as I to have a white car.  That is an added benefit of the liquid paint sealant. 

That is not weird at all.  I think all of us enjoy that feeling. 

WOW! I love this car. Yours in almost 100% what I would have ordered. The only thing that would be different for me would be the wheels and the side mirrors. I saw the first pic and made it my desktop. Then saw the 2nd pic and changed it lol. Both pics really nice. Great job.

Finally got out and took a few pictures. 

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

WOW Shane, that looks fantastic!

Sorry, had to quote his post so I could see those pictures again!  :bow: