Customer Service 866.965.0400

applicator

crazycody93

Question

16 answers to this question

If you're doing it by hand, you can use the blue hex pad.  http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-456-adams-blue-hex-grip-car-polish-applicator.aspx

Quick Sealant Chris,  not Machine SS.

When doing it by hand, is the blue hex a better option then the microfiber applicator pads? I have those and one blue hex, also just ordered a couple each of the yellow hex and americana hex; which would work best for liquid sealant? Thanks. 

For Liquid Sealant the Yellow and Americana hex have the same foam on the face of the pad, just different color.  So either of those hexes are good for Sealant/Waxing.

Only difference is the black-handled hexes are of a stiffer foam themselves than the Blue foam of the Americana hex (per Mook in an earlier post which I read), so the black-handled hexes might be easier on the hands (I think they were made softer as to be able to be compressed into the Americana container!)

I personally use the MF applicators for Glass Sealant/Rain-X application, as well as Leather Conditioner application and occasionally for VRT application on trim.  I used to use them for sealant but I have a Hex grip, a red UFO applicator and the Americana mini applicator as well which makes me all full of applicators lol!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

JWP, on 08 Apr 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

When doing it by hand, is the blue hex a better option then the microfiber applicator pads? I have those and one blue hex, also just ordered a couple each of the yellow hex and americana hex; which would work best for liquid sealant? Thanks. 

I prefer it. The red and blue hex grips are the same. That's the one I would use for the sealant. The blue one was intended for use with the Revive polish. It'll work just fine for the sealant.

The yellow one is more for the thicker products like waxes. You can use whichever you find works best for you.

I have large hands so I prefer something large.  I also like how they glide across the finish.  I probably have 10 of them in my collection. AQS tends to gum them up so after a few apps I toss them.  

x2 on that Chris, I find the MF applicators not only cheap, but multi-useful, as I can use them with sealant, wax, Leather Conditioner, Super VRT, or Glass Sealant.

I usually wash them with my microfiber towels and they come out clean, but the fibers do get a bit gummed up, but I have applicators that have been in rotation for 3 years now (about time to toss them and get new ones), and even though they don't look brand new they come out clean and work as new.

If you have large hands, using the Red/Black "UFO" applicators is good for waxing/sealant application, although Adam's calls them interior dressing applicators.

Hey Nick@Adams, is the Blue foam the same grade as used on the Americana applicators?  If so, I'll pick up a Blue Hex grip on my next order just to differentiate it for different wax uses

Edited by Ricky Bobby

now I'm confused, unless something has changed....  the blue (Revive applicator) seems stiffer overall than the Red/Blue (Americana applicator). I was told some time ago the yellow (Buttery applicator) was exactly the same thing as the Americana Red/Blue just a different color so if I needed an Americana and didn't have one use the Buttery applicator while applying Quick Sealant.

I was also told to use the Revive applicator to apply Brilliant Glaze, then later someone said no it was too aggressive for anything other than Revive (which I don't even own, bought them for Glaze, then told not to use them with it)..

have the Blue Revive applicators changed because mine are noticeably stiffer foam than the others and seem too aggressive to apply 

Quick Sealant ?  

The black foam on the grips is stiffer than the Blue foam on the grip for Americana.

However, I believe the face foam (red, yellow, blue) might be the same for all.  Someone needs to correct me if I'm wrong here, I know Mook said the yellow foam is same as the red on the face of the Americana applicator, I'm just not sure about the Blue foam on the revive applicator.

the blue face foam I have on my Revive pads is noticeably stiffer than the red or yellow face foam (the ones I have).. that why I asked, seems like Ryan said to use the Revive ? pad for Quick Sealant application..? if I understood correctly.