Customer Service 866.965.0400

You Ask....Why Have We Removed Products from our Site?

Adam

Hmm deal with the stress of not having all my order or go to auto zone and buy junk?!?! Tough decision?!?! C'mon folks...I'm happy Adams has stayed true to their core values and will not settle for anything but the best. Most companies would fold and buy overseas allowing their product quality to dwindle. II'm more than happy to stay loyal and work with the setbacks given your team has worked through mine

There has to be a fine line however.  If you don't stock the product your going to loose sales.  If you outsource it over seas and they produce junk your sales will fall as well.  I started buying Adams products back in the day when all he offered was chemicals and microfiber.  One type of microfiber for wax removal, and that was it.  It was a yellow towel.  And a grey microfiber drying towel.  I remember when the firehose nozzle and PC were introduced. I remember back in the day when stuff manufactured in Japan was considered junk.  Trying to find products manufactured with quality at a decent price in the US I'am sure isn't very easy.     And it just adds to the cost when the manufacturing company is making them just for you and your not wanting the huge quantities that are required for a decent price break.

Edited by LFairbanks

Adam , I understand your concerns and know that I am faithful and present your products to my friends. I discovered there two years by chance on youtube your brand. I ordered the sampler kit in order to test and I fell on my *** . I got rid of my products Meg and I ordered in my regular European dealer your product and I have almost all along the stripes. I collect your brushes and I also love that there is engraved dessus.même my Flex has an Adam 's sticker on it and also my Karcher brand. I'm almost at 3000 euros equipment of all kinds .
I still have to have the banner . I saw that there is one in Australia but I think it will be too expensive with the delivery so I hope my dealer will have one someday.

I want to tell you that I primarily chose your brand :

bottle design
product colors
amazing quality of products
the fact that there are not 150 different shampoo at home chemical guy
variety of brushes and pads was unique. it is on this point that I'm sad. have pads and brush signed adam 's was great. it can be necessary to use synthetic hair? but do not cut the hair of Ashley please ! lol
I wanted at all costs buckets Adam's . it costed my 80 euros but it does not matter . I wanted them .

Anthony ;) 

Great explanation Adam! 

It will be a never-ending battle, finding first-class products, at reasonable prices and acceptable lead times.

Adam, does contact dealers and we do drop ship for him, when El Jefe calls!  Also, if Adam's is sold out, check dealers, as mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam,

Only been a short time customer but am already a big fan of the way you do business and the quality of your product. I work in the supply chain of a large australian iron ore miner where long lead times and vendor error are unfortunately a part of everyday life.

If you do find yourself in a situation where you do have to utilize a particularly difficult vendor you can use your contracts to supply to performance manage them. We set specific terms in our contracts that we identify as placing us at significant risk of loss to our business, when these terms aren't met the vendor is contractually obliged to compensate you adequately. This also gives you leverage when negotiating the next contract. If you do decide to initiate this approach it's generally better to keep them on short term contracts as it keeps them on their toes. Sometimes you find this is the push they need to address their own internal problems, I certainly wouldn't accept "we can't make them fast enough" as an excuse.

You can also insulate yourself from poor vendor performance by implementing a stocking strategy with large redundancies involved, although this is more of a brute force method that involves you having to shoulder the burden of your vendors problems which is not acceptable in my mind. Although sometimes you are left with little option.

Your commitment to quality and your customers is what keeps us all coming back. If you want to discuss some options your more than welcome to contact me. I'd be quite thrilled if I could actually assist you!

Cheers

I have no doubt that you will be coming back with better, more user friendly, AMERICAN MADE products.  That's why I never worry when something is out of stock or dropped. I always know that something will be coming down the pipe that will be an improvement.

As for things like the detail seat, detail cart, buckets, or wheel woolies..........who cares?  I can buy that type of stuff anywhere.  I use Adam's Polishes. Your detail products are what I keep coming back to and remain loyal to.  

My advice is to drop the gimicky stuff and keep bringing us the best car care products out there.  

We're all behind you  110%!   And I'm paying for YOUR dinner at Carbones.

Rich

You nailed it Rich.

Richard

id really like to get some of the detail bags, going to good amount of shows lately makes me wish i had bought them when available, along with some of the Blue/Red Hex grip applicators

Edited by meeper

id really like to get some of the detail bags, going to good amount of shows lately makes me wish i had bought them when available, along with some of the Blue/Red Hex grip applicators

Grabiak still shows some of the compact ones in stock.

Adam, you and your company have my full support and respect as a person and a consumer.

I think a lot of people under-estimate the costs involved with running a company, and especially a small company. People need to realize that you do not have the purchasing power of companies like Mothers and Meguiars, who order 200,000 pads at a time for worldwide sales.

There are very few companies out there who would be willing to divulge their costs to their consumers. That alone earns a great deal of respect from all of us I am sure.

At the end of day, Adams products are more expensive then the competition. However, besides the fact that they ALL work, and work incredibly well, I feel good knowing that the kind of people you employ, are the kind of people I would never hesitate to help in life. I know my money is going to good hard working honest individuals who are trying to live their own lives, raise and take care of their families. It is nice to know my money is not feeding a greedy corporation with a swelled upper management team that is drastically overpaid.

Even as a Canadian I support Americans because to me, Americans are like brothers and sisters to me as a Canadian. We need each other, and our successes feed off of each other, and we push forward for the same rights and ways of life.

Just my $0.02

• 5 months later...

Thanks Phil!   Also, here is an update:  

• Hex Grip Applicators:  Back!  We are working with a manufacturer who kept the quality extremely high, and the cost is now in check.
  • Flex Polishers....while there are many low-cost options out there, the fail rate of most is high. Flex has Chinese investors now, but the manufacturing is still 100% in Germany.  The fail rate is higher than the Cyclo, however, lower than the other tools in the premium market.  Much lower fail rate than the low-cost options. 
  • Bucket Caddies:  We were able to buy direct, and achieve a tiny profit.

Anything else you care to see come back friends?  We have been working on finding solutions that pay to keep the lights on!

Thanks!!

Here is my opinion Adam.  Sell the products like polishers and detailing products.  Leave out stuff like extension cords, or stools for example.  Maybe provide a link to stuff that you find to be quality.  IMHO, most are going to go to the local hardware store and buy a cord.  Not saying that the cord you offered wasn't nice or of quality.  It is just easier to go to the hardware store and buy the stuff.  Just my 2 cents.

Edited by LFairbanks

I agree Chris!  Cords, while they are awesome, were merely a move out of frustration, as I was unable to buy a non-Chinese made unit at the hardware store.  They didn't sell well, and we won't likely carry cords again, even if they are awesome, American cords!

Adam, I think you would be better doing group one time buys for specialty items.  I am guessing the number that want a US made cord fairly limited and once you sell them there is little repeat business.  The market is saturated so sales drop. The same applies to detailing carts.

I think Al has a point with selling specialty items in a group buy.  I think one tricky part about that is the potential limited profit Adam's might make.  I am sure a supplier won't provide as many cost advantages for Adam's for one off orders.  Therefore, I think the speciality items might come at a bit more of a premium to Adam's or in the end us.

Having said that, that cost to Adam's may be less costly than keeping those same speciality items in inventory and not selling.  I think the group buy for speciality items idea in general is good though.

What if Adam's had a registry for specialty items?  Maybe you already do on the backend.  A user is able to put their name in online, or just e-mail an Adam's associate who keeps a tally, and once a certain threshold is hit, the order is made.

I agree Chris!  Cords, while they are awesome, were merely a move out of frustration, as I was unable to buy a non-Chinese made unit at the hardware store.  They didn't sell well, and we won't likely carry cords again, even if they are awesome, American cords!

I applaud your trying to stick with the American Made or a fair wage paid, made product if that makes sense.  It is however extremely difficult to do so.  I think it is going to take time for society to change their way of living-thinking.  Everybody wants stuff cheap and not pay the price for quality.  But then they complain when they don't make a fair wage themselves, or their 401K isn't doing well.  We have all seen in the last little while what you get with a Chinese made product.  Drywall that ruins your electrical and poisons your house.  Toys that are toxic to your kids.  Rawhides that are toxic to your animals.  Clothing that is toxic to wear.  If anybody wants me to elaborate on any of these examples feel free to ask or a simple google will answer them for yourself.  I myself if given the choice of American made over Chinese made will always opt for the American made.  But it is however difficult to find that.  I think people are slowly starting to realize that cheap isn't always better.  You can buy it ten times, while it may be cheaper in the short term, you will pay the price in the long run. 

I won't buy tools at Sears anymore for the reason above.  Look at where it has gotten them.  Society is starting to notice and companies are paying the price.  Sears closed down one of their stores here locally, and I believe it is due to lack of sales.  IMO there is a fine line between profit and quality.  If you shortcut quality it will eventually eat your profit. 

I think Al has a point with selling specialty items in a group buy.  I think one tricky part about that is the potential limited profit Adam's might make.  I am sure a supplier won't provide as many cost advantages for Adam's for one off orders.  Therefore, I think the speciality items might come at a bit more of a premium to Adam's or in the end us.

Having said that, that cost to Adam's may be less costly than keeping those same speciality items in inventory and not selling.  I think the group buy for speciality items idea in general is good though.

What if Adam's had a registry for specialty items?  Maybe you already do on the backend.  A user is able to put their name in online, or just e-mail an Adam's associate who keeps a tally, and once a certain threshold is hit, the order is made.

They tried this at one time some may remember with shirts or I believe it was hoodies.  It didn't work out too well and never manifested into those wanting a hoodie, getting one.

I think the hoodie order had to be 50 for the price that was set and we only got 30 to say they wanted one. It also seemed to play out longer than it should have.  So getting several people to agree when there are multiple options is obviously a bad idea.