Customer Service 866.965.0400

You Ask....Why Have We Removed Products from our Site?

Adam

Thanks friends, your confidence is incredibly reassuring during these times of re-invention!   We are looking at a myriad of ways to keep orders shipping complete, while offering a truly, "complete," line.

Stay tuned, I promise, we will knock your socks off with a product offering that satisfies at every level. 

We are determined as hell to create another success story out of this current inventory shortage, and certainly, we have been through worse in the 14 years since we began.

Thank you for you confidence, and loyalty. 

:2thumbs:

Thanks friends, and trust me, the long winter hurt us, but Thank God we are debt free, and have an AMAZING group of people on our Team.  We made it through, and are stronger than ever.  Trust me, these products will be replaced with better options. 

You have my word.

Thank you Adam.  We are all behind you and know that during these times, you are...  

1)  Doing the right thing for the customers

2)  Doing the right thing for the company

3)  Doing the right thing for yourself before God.

He WILL bless this and we have yet to see the full potential of that which is Adam's Polishes!!!!

So get ready for RAIN  

:banana:  :2thumbs:  :rockon:  :party:

Edited by mtnbiker326

Great explanation of what's really happening. If you do not know about small or large business's and how they operate to stay IN BUSINESS, than Adams explanation will make no sense to you. I have been in retail/wholesale for over 30+ years now, and have worked for big and little companys, and you have to get rid of products that do not sell,other competitors have them for less, the distributor can't support YOUR business, etc. etc etc.Adam has to do what Adam has to do to keep his business profitable for himself and his first rule is to make customers happy and retuning to buy his product. It is all about bottom line and customer satisfaction and believe me if you have been in retail as long as I have, not everyone is going top be happy all the time with every little thing that goes on in a company. Change happens, like it or not, we are in this together in reality. We buy products that satisfy our needs or you would not have bought any of Adams products. I would guess that most of us were using all the "other brands" of store bought deatailing products and somehow  you found out about Adams products and said "WOW  that is easier to use and twice the shine, I think I will continue using this product". Thats how it happened for me and I will not use any of that other store bought crap ever again. Business's have hard decisions to make everyday and some times you got to bite the bullet on some things that just don't make sense from a companys standpoint sometimes. 

Thanks friends, your confidence is incredibly reassuring during these times of re-invention!   We are looking at a myriad of ways to keep orders shipping complete, while offering a truly, "complete," line.

Stay tuned, I promise, we will knock your socks off with a product offering that satisfies at every level. 

We are determined as hell to create another success story out of this current inventory shortage, and certainly, we have been through worse in the 14 years since we began.

Thank you for you confidence, and loyalty. 

:2thumbs:

Hey, at least you're not living in a storage locker! ;)  

^^ good to hear but I love the handle type lol my hands dont cramp

The MF ones are big enough that I've never had that issue.  The only time I've had that issue is with those tiny yellow ones Megs puts in their paste wax cartons.  

The numbers don't lie! When I was in business as an electrical contractor I would tell people: " If I am going to work for zero profit....... I will stay at home" and rules go for the retail detail business. I have seen the deep discount stores go under because they were giving everything away and NOT making a profit so my thoughts are to do exactly what Adam is doing...... If a vendor is not performing say Bye, Bye and find another one.

Hang in there Adam your business will succeed because you have established a great company with dedicated customers who support the Made in the USA movement and premium products.

Hey Adam,

An idea worth looking into which may be costly to start, but possibly worth it in the end.  You know how Progressive has their little price thing where they supply quotes to other insurance companies.  Instead of supplying quotes to other detailing companies of course, how bout this:

You have the link on your page for your "dealers."  How about possibly creating a website where when Adam's directly runs out of a product, it can quote or directly forward the buyer to one of Adams' direct dealers?

For example:

I want to buy 5 single soft towels.  However, Adam's website shows "out of stock" but there could be links forwarding or recommending the buyer to say "Thompson Racing has 7 in stock" or "Grabiak Chevrolet has 3 in stock"

Hey Adam,

An idea worth looking into which may be costly to start, but possibly worth it in the end.  You know how Progressive has their little price thing where they supply quotes to other insurance companies.  Instead of supplying quotes to other detailing companies of course, how bout this:

You have the link on your page for your "dealers."  How about possibly creating a website where when Adam's directly runs out of a product, it can quote or directly forward the buyer to one of Adams' direct dealers?

For example:

I want to buy 5 single soft towels.  However, Adam's website shows "out of stock" but there could be links forwarding or recommending the buyer to say "Thompson Racing has 7 in stock" or "Grabiak Chevrolet has 3 in stock"

In addition, you could fulfill your orders with dealers stock and work in a cloud with your network of awesomeness :).

Edited by weemanSTi

In addition, you could fulfill your orders with dealers stock and work in a cloud with your network of awesomeness :).

That is a GREAT idea. Maybe even a post up somewhere where dealers can have inventory posted so they can sell what they have as well. Dealers will not buy more from Adams at wholesale if they still have stock they are sitting on. It's a win win I think. I know my dealer in NH has things that are out of stock at Adams warehouse, good for me, not for Adams. He will not replace those products with new ones if he still has the old ones. I have a brand new set of white microfiber towels still in the wrapper, never opened, available to any of my customers or you, (I prefer the blue towels) but if I did not tell you that, nobody would have known I had them. Check with your dealers throught the country and Canada to see if they have things that might not be in the Adams warehouse. Some type of way for dealers to expose thier inventory would be good I think. I am looking for some new 7" green SSR pads, any dealers out there have any? Let me know. 

That is a GREAT idea. Maybe even a post up somewhere where dealers can have inventory posted so they can sell what they have as well. Dealers will not buy more from Adams at wholesale if they still have stock they are sitting on. It's a win win I think. I know my dealer in NH has things that are out of stock at Adams warehouse, good for me, not for Adams. He will not replace those products with new ones if he still has the old ones. I have a brand new set of white microfiber towels still in the wrapper, never opened, available to any of my customers or you, (I prefer the blue towels) but if I did not tell you that, nobody would have known I had them. Check with your dealers throught the country and Canada to see if they have things that might not be in the Adams warehouse. Some type of way for dealers to expose thier inventory would be good I think. I am looking for some new 7" green SSR pads, any dealers out there have any? Let me know.

Eric@Thompson racing.

Has them on clearance.

Hey Adam,

For example:

Your idea is sound, but it's the website framework and behind-the-scenes hurdles that will make this very unlikely. 

Once we get the new website launched, this is something we could pursue, but it's much more involved than just snapping our collective fingers and creating a website, or a part of ours, to handle this.  ;)

Also, by that time, it's likely that most of our dealer network will be out of the discontinued items as well, so this issue will start to resolve itself.

Wow, how awesome is that!!!!! The owner of the company, gives us such a detailed explanation for why things are done.

How many other businesses would do that? Not many I bet. He doesn't need to explain to customers why things are done....That is why Adam is the professional he is.

Thank you

I like that instead of just leaving this as a response to a post in a random thread, you also put it up as a new topic. We all thank you for your candidness in this matter!

This once again shows why I enjoy supporting this company! Even if sometimes things cost a couple extra dollars, I like seeing them go to a good company!

Good hearing from you Adams, but i must have missed that info about the hex grips! what will we use to put on buttery and quick sealant??

^^ good to hear but I love the handle type lol my hands dont cramp

If your looking for some hex applicators still, I bought some from here: http://www.detailing.com/store/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=asc&q=adam%27s+applicator&x=0&y=0

Hey Adam,

For example:

Matt, I need to chime in here. I work for Progressive. Part of my job is making sure all of the claims we make in advertising are valid and we can back them up. This includes the comparative rates. We spend BOATLOADS on getting that stuff right, and even more when competitors change their rates and we follow up because rates changed. Now, keeping up with your own dealers isn't quite as much of a monumental task, it does require a lot of coordination. I would guess that it isn't feasible to do.

It is a Fantastic idea, just not sure how practical.

Ps. Thanks for referencing us! While I am in a control function and try to keep spending down, my wife is in marketing (at Progressive) and for some reason likes to spend money. (Sound familiar anyone:))

I think some of it is knowing what dealers keep decent stock of items, and knowing the really have them. I don't see an easy way for Adam's to know what inventory levels dealers have.  I for one keep pretty tight inventory control - if you see an "Add To Cart" button I have it in stock and ready to ship. Once I sell out - the button disappears and you have the option to be emailed as soon as it is back in-stock. I probably lose some sales because I don't take backorders - but that is just my preference and people like knowing I have the items. People have been picking up discontinued items from me, but I still have inventory of most items.   Heck I still have single soft towels! 

Edited by Furious Shine

Hmm deal with the stress of not having all my order or go to auto zone and buy junk?!?! Tough decision?!?! C'mon folks...I'm happy Adams has stayed true to their core values and will not settle for anything but the best. Most companies would fold and buy overseas allowing their product quality to dwindle. II'm more than happy to stay loyal and work with the setbacks given your team has worked through mine

Matt, I need to chime in here. I work for Progressive. Part of my job is making sure all of the claims we make in advertising are valid and we can back them up. This includes the comparative rates. We spend BOATLOADS on getting that stuff right, and even more when competitors change their rates and we follow up because rates changed. Now, keeping up with your own dealers isn't quite as much of a monumental task, it does require a lot of coordination. I would guess that it isn't feasible to do.

It is a Fantastic idea, just not sure how practical.

Ps. Thanks for referencing us! While I am in a control function and try to keep spending down, my wife is in marketing (at Progressive) and for some reason likes to spend money. (Sound familiar anyone:))

For the love of God, please tell them to get rid of that stupid Flo character! Nothing drives me nuts more than Auto Insurance commercials on TV, they are everywhere! 

GEICO is my most hated company by far, their commercials are absolutely annoying beyond comprehension. The older I get, the more inclined I am to spend my money on companies that DO NOT advertise on TV.