Customer Service 866.965.0400

I might be a convert........

Rich

Question

You all know that I am pretty much a by hand guy.  I got a PC years ago, used it a couple of times and put it away.  So now that I'm older and things are hurting more, I thought I'd try it again. Ordered up some new product and spent today working on the Caddy. Have to say, I'm impressed with the results. I always thought I kept that car clean, but the white pad was BLACK by the time I finished up with it. My wife even took pictures because she figured nobody would believe I was using a pc again. Got most of it done and sealed,  gets a coat of Americana tomorrow.

post-15-0-00750600-1399424403_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-83173700-1399424368_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-27979500-1399424507_thumb.jpg

And some nice reflection on the Vette too.

post-15-0-78994600-1399424478_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-04704800-1399424569_thumb.jpg

14 answers to this question

WOW!  I can't believe you'd spend that kind of time hand polishing the car when you owned a machine, but hey, I guess it's good exercise! 

Looks great! 

I see you have a first generation 7424 like me Rich, nice job and way to break it out!

If you do ever get the machine polishing bug, put a 3" backing plate and use 4" pads on that thing you will be impressed!  Also just my recommendation I would mark pad rotation with a black sharpie on the backing plate just so its easier to be sure the pad is always rotating when correcting.

Do you have a CTS-V Coupe?  Very jealous if so, I always loved CTS-V's, wanted a first gen with the 6-speed manual for the longest time.

Jason, the V wasn't in the budget since I got the Vette at the same time.  Plus, the V is rear wheel drive which doesn't do well in my neck of the woods in the winter. So I went with the CTS 4 (all wheel drive) and can't be happier. 

I have the car nearly finished. Next step is putting sealant on the wheels.  Then it's all done for a while. I'll back it out and snap some pics (well, the wife will) and put them up.