Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black Paint Products

LarryR

Question

Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between the many car care products specifically designed for black vehicles vs. Adams products which are not color specific?  No worries brothers and sisters....I'm looking to "defect" ........just wondering.  :)

16 answers to this question

As far as I know the "Color" designed product just have fillers in them. there truly is NO specific advantage to these products in my opinion. Go through the videos on Adams site and you will get the best shine you can get. All top coats are clear anyway.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

Edited by BluedogGMC

As these guys have stated, they might contain more fillers than other waxes in order to hide the swirls and imperfections better but that's all its doing is hiding them for a limited time. Brilliant glaze with help with that too. I would highly suggest reading the pinned topic in the waxing section titled " what wax is best for black paint?" there is a lot of good info in there.

As these guys have stated, they might contain more fillers than other waxes in order to hide the swirls and imperfections better but that's all its doing is hiding them for a limited time. Brilliant glaze with help with that too. I would highly suggest reading the pinned topic in the waxing section titled " what wax is best for black paint?" there is a lot of good info in there.

FAQ is located here.

Edited by Norton

Never got the shine or depth with any of those "black" products that I got with Adam's.  EVER!

Same here. I got suckered into buying a black wax once. Was nothing but a jar of expensive junk.

I had a friend at work that tried the black box stuff about the same time I got my PC and did my first machine correction.  He made of point of parking his black Grand Cherokee beside my black Frontier for a few months.  Then the black box stuff wore off, but my truck was still shiny, as it has been POLISHED.  I started making a point to park next to him then.  He usually moved at lunch time! :D

The premium "made for dark colored car waxes" IMO do give a bit of a darkening effect/look to it but you really don't need them to make your ride look good. 

I think Adams Machine Super Wax looks great on black cars. I still have a 1/2 bottle and used it on a car I detailed yesterday. It came out amazing. 

The bad thing about the product is the 24 hour "set up" time before you can put anything over it. That's why they replaced it with Liquid Paint Sealant.

***EDIT***

It's still available:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-139-adams-machine-super-sealant.aspx

Edited by BigBlue2007