Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using WW in lieu of DS...?

PT3

Question

20 answers to this question

Dont quote me, but I don't think the WW has any gloss enhancers in it, as opposed to the DS. Im pretty sure the Rinseless Wash has some polymer protection and gloss enhancers but maybe one of the more experienced guys here can chime in and give a definitive answer

Watlerless Wash is purely a cleaner that won't add any gloss or slickness to the paint.

Deail Spray isn't ideal for cleaning, but will add a ton of gloss, depth, and slickness to the paint.

If you want a nice balance of the two, the Rinseless Wash is the ticket.  It cleans like WW, but it shines like DS.

+1 i have about 3/4 of a glalon of detail spray left and i use the rinseless wash mix more..price comparision i dont think ill get more detail spray next time..

The Rinseless is much safer for cleaning because of the polymer encapsulation of dirt but leaves behind a ton of protection, it really is the best of both worlds.  Even mixed 1:2 or 1:3 with distilled its going to be cheaper than Detail Spray.

Also a good tip I got from Garry Dean, if you are going to do a true waterless process (i.e. spray and wipe down), use 2 MF towels.  One being damp and spritzed with your Rinseless solution (for the wiping), and then a dry towel to buff residues.

Using a dry towel for waterless cleaning is a surefire way to get some swirls.

The Rinseless is much safer for cleaning because of the polymer encapsulation of dirt but leaves behind a ton of protection, it really is the best of both worlds. Even mixed 1:2 or 1:3 with distilled its going to be cheaper than Detail Spray.

Also a good tip I got from Garry Dean, if you are going to do a true waterless process (i.e. spray and wipe down), use 2 MF towels. One being damp and spritzed with your Rinseless solution (for the wiping), and then a dry towel to buff residues.

+1 I've found a damp microfiber works best for a waterless wash and even drying.

I honestly use both most of the time. 

Went out this morning to "de-bug" the nose of the Rocket.  Sprayed it down with Rinseless Wash solution, let it soak for a minute and then wiped it with Rinseless and a Boarderless Blue.

Dried it with a Double-Soft.

Sprayed with Detail Spray and wiped with a Waterless Wash towel.

Took about 5 minutes and looks fantastic.

I honestly use both most of the time. 

Went out this morning to "de-bug" the nose of the Rocket.  Sprayed it down with Rinseless Wash solution, let it soak for a minute and then wiped it with Rinseless and a Boarderless Blue.

Dried it with a Double-Soft.

Sprayed with Detail Spray and wiped with a Waterless Wash towel.

Took about 5 minutes and looks fantastic.

thats honestly what i use the rinseless mix for the most...i soak the whole front end/mirrors on my daily driver (80 miles highway combined to work and back each day) and it works to break the bugs up pretty well

The Rinseless is much safer for cleaning because of the polymer encapsulation of dirt but leaves behind a ton of protection, it really is the best of both worlds.  Even mixed 1:2 or 1:3 with distilled its going to be cheaper than Detail Spray.

Also a good tip I got from Garry Dean, if you are going to do a true waterless process (i.e. spray and wipe down), use 2 MF towels.  One being damp and spritzed with your Rinseless solution (for the wiping), and then a dry towel to buff residues.

Sounds like someone else has been enjoying some Raw Detail TV  ;)  ;)  ;)  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:

Actually you can use them both.....I have done this many times. The WW will do a nice job of anti static cleaning and the DS will give you a nice shine and a little wax boost. Make sure you use the WW MF towel with the WW...And it's your choice you can use the  WW MF towel or Single Soft or the Double Soft with your DS wipe down. Personally I like the WW MF towel with both products.

heres an off the wall question....as far as car shows and traveling to them, is it safe for me to take my buckets with water and with rinseless wash and use that with a wash mitt when i get to the show to clean truck if its been raining/road grime/bugs?  I feel almost sick knowing im not rinsing truck after washing with suds etc. 

How do you guys recc going about this as ive seen tons of guys take buckets with water to shows and just use straight water to wash vehicles at a show and i just CRINGE. 

GDWM in a nutshell:

Instead of using a single wash pad and a rinse bucket (two-bucket wash method) GDWM uses MULTIPLE wash pads (or towels) and rather then rinse them you put them in the laundry and go on to the next.

I use this method for Rinseless Wash but I think it's a bit overkill for a regular wash.  But detailing is all about OVERKILL!