Customer Service 866.965.0400

ETA of paste wax?

GMaak

Question

Adam or Jason,

Is there an ETA for new paste wax?

Adam, I was very impressed with the prototype you showed me at the Scottsdale AZ clinic and cannot wait for final the product. Did you choose a fragrance yet?

Trying to be patient,

Gary :D

• Answers 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know it was probably already said in this thread but what's the advantages of this paste wax over the buttery wax? I love using the buttery wax on my gto and love the shine it leaves on my car..

I know it was probably already said in this thread but what's the advantages of this paste wax over the buttery wax? I love using the buttery wax on my gto and love the shine it leaves on my car..

I'm no expert, but basically it will outlast MSW and out shine BW so you get the best of both worlds.

Paste wax traditionally contains more carnauba wax, which gives your car a "wetter" look. MSW is a sealant which is synthetic and not a wax per se. Buttery wax contains carnauba, but to keep it in liquid form, the concentration of carnauba must be low (carnauba is rock hard and MUST be diluted/thinned in order for it to spread).

The definition of "shine" is a vague one at best. It matters more to the individual than it does to general public. Here's why:

Carnauba-based car waxes add an element of depth and warmth to a car. Really stands out on darker colors, making the paint look "wet" and deep. Traditionally, durability has been a problem. (Good for 6-8 weeks)

Polymer paint sealants create brilliance and sparkle. Better for the lighter colors, and when durability is more important. Some have said the sealants, while reflecting light (the "shine" part) they tend to look sterile and without "feeling", but can last 4-6 months.

The best way to fix these inherent shortcomings, and to get the best of both wolds, is to apply the MSW first, wait 12 hours or so, then apply the wax in either the liquid or paste form. (I prefer the deep wet look myself, so I have used paste wax exclusively- more carnauba)

HTH

Couple of questions though...

The price is 59.95 but the description says 49.95, is this a mistake or an introductory price?

Also the free applicators that it mentions, they are the ones that are pictured with the wax, correct? not these?

The label seems to have changed as well from the photos we saw other members post earlier

Edited by GerryC

....you see, that was a tease and that's just mean. See what you've done? You've gone from cheeky and playful to just downright mean and hurtful. I hope you're happy with yourself.

;)

Well, see, I may (or may not) have one sitting in my shopping cart right now but I was going to hold off and see if they were going to put it up for $49.99.

That's right Adam's webmasters. Check....and.....mate

Couple of questions though...

The price is 59.95 but the description says 49.95, is this a mistake or an introductory price?

Also the free applicators that it mentions, they are the ones that are pictured with the wax, correct? not these?

The label seems to have changed as well from the photos we saw other members post earlier

I too saw that, tried to chat with Ashley, and it would appear they had a premature update to the website. The proof reader hadn't been thru that yet, nor had the pricing consultant! The good news is that it has to be almost...:help: