Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Apron

BoomerSooner

Question

I think they should be sold with very little or no profit margin.  You should be happy that people are wearing your logo and advertising for you.  That's how my parents always did it with their businesses.  As much as I may want a company's apparel, I won't buy it unless it is reasonably priced.  

Edited by SYMAWD

I think they should be sold with very little or no profit margin.  You should be happy that people are wearing your logo and advertising for you.  That's how my parents always did it with their businesses.  As much as I may want a company's apparel, I won't buy it unless it is reasonably priced.

Good point. It's a fine balance though. A company like Adams seems to sell on their high-end value more than anything else. So, mass marketing via garments is only going to net so much additional revenue. Much of which could be considered captured regardless.

I would think, if they sell the aprons they should cover ALL their costs...including any labor required to source, stock and ship.

Of course, if his blended margins are reduced to a point that could hurt his business (say for their ability to obtain lines of credit, additional investors, etc...) then it's not worth it.

Matt, I'd agree with your thought if it were, say, T-Shirts, or stickers. The apron is more utilitarian, and going to be used by probably 90% of us inside our garages where no one else will see them.

Matt, I'd agree with your thought if it were, say, T-Shirts, or stickers. The apron is more utilitarian, and going to be used by probably 90% of us inside our garages where no one else will see them.

Dave, I'll wear one at Carlisle.  You can call me Chef DT as we cook up amazing finishes on demonstration vehicles ;)

I might just take you on this Dan.

Corvettes at Carlisle August 28-30 in central, PA. Figure sunny, mid 90's, high humidity and you in a black apron detailing a black Vette in the direct sun the day after the customer appreciation party! Wear an apron? You guys are lucky I keep my dang shirt on!

LOL I may just buy you one myself!

IMG_5938resize_zpsa1673536.jpg

So Serious Dave!  USA made aprons cost about $20 embroidered, so selling them at a break-even would be $29.95, figuring in the cost of overhead, stocking and shipping them!   We have a few more Cyclo aprons in stock now, and they are nice!

So Serious Dave!  USA made aprons cost about $20 embroidered, so selling them at a break-even would be $29.95, figuring in the cost of overhead, stocking and shipping them!   We have a few more Cyclo aprons in stock now, and they are nice!

That would be a fantastic price! and I would guess most people would buy other things with them instead of ordering just the apron which will help cover some overhead too.

Agree that selling the aprons with a reasonable margin to cover all of the associated costs is a GREAT opportunity!

The potential pricing mentioned by Adam is very reasonable, lower than what realistically could have mentioned! 

Those who feel that Adam should sell them for anything less, due to "advertising" should consider the fact they chose to purchase it, and not expect Adam to lose any money on a product they originally inquired about providing them.

I am sure there are minimal requirements Adam's would have to order to keep pricing competitive, and I don't know of anyone who would take a business loss on an item that may have limited marketing potential. 

And like mentioned above, it may also lead to other items being sold besides the apron, but also could lead to more apron sales by individuals who purchase polishers, or other Adam's products.

Do you have any of the Adam's aprons left?  If so, I'd like to buy one.