Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to remove white double sided tape adhesive?

DwDrummer

Question

I have a 12 Denali with chrome stick on window sill covers that I'm wanting to remove. I had to peel one off a few months ago because it was trying to come off and it took me about 2 hours to remove the residue. What would be the best stuff to remove this residue? If you look close in the picture the white stuff under the chrome piece is what I'm talking about. I think wd40 did the best but it wasn't a fast process, just wondering if there's a product that will remove it quicker and still be safe for plastic. Thanks!????

post-966-0-95214100-1417814761_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

There is a adhesive remover that a local vinyl wrap place down here uses. Pretty damn good stuff, havent found anything close to it other than tarx. When I go to the shop tomorrow I will get the name. 

Edited by Faze

3M adhesive remover (if you can find it), Transtar 9784 (sold in body shop supply houses and is essentially the same as 3M), and I think the stuff one of the previous posters was referring to is called Rapid Remover and is used in the vinyl business.  It works GREAT but again, sort of hard to find.   Good luck!