Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Distribution Has Simplified....100% Colorado!

Adam

Friends, what a year it has been!  In October of 2013, we started using a 3rd Party Logistics company.  Reason:  We couldn't ship orders quick enough, and believed this was a viable solution.  That program didn't go so well.   Well, really, it failed miserably, expensively, and we pulled out after a big lesson was learned. 

Original plan, and post was explained here: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/26715-incomplete-orders-errors-delays-the-reasons-why-and-the-big-plan-to-fix-it/

Then, another aggressive plan:  Establish remote distribution centers, to efficiently deliver orders to either coast in 2 business days!  Looked good on paper, and we ran the numbers a zillion times.  It made financial sense, if our system was perfect.......but, it wasn't.

We learned: Maintaining multiple distribution centers required significant additional inventory, bulletproof inventory management software and system, and a new, well-trained team in each location.

While that might sound like a tough thing to do, in reality, it proved extremely difficult!

Now what?  Well, now we are back to the basics.  Back to Colorado, shipping from our HQ exclusively.  We have gotten the band back together too!  Dylan is back in on the team, and we have already accomplished some goals.

We lost sight of the simplicity that made our business, and brand so authentic.  It's safe to say we will be keeping it simple moving forward, and specialize in having the greatest USA made products available, instead of being a distribution powerhouse.

Thank you for sticking with us through my blunders and fumbles.  I'm humbled to have earned, and kept your business.

Sincerely,

-Adam 

I'm STOKED that Dylan is back with you all and I'm excited to see things getting back to the Adam's that I've always LOVED over the years! 

Hats off to you Adam for being so transparent throughout all of this! 

I have already noticed a different "TONE" on the forums! It looks and sounds like the days of past when I first started lurking on here! Looking forward to the new changes coming from the Adam's team! And look forward to the excellent service you have provided throughout  the time I have done business with you!

Edited by 2Fords

Thanks for the updates..............this is why my loyalty lies with Adams and will continue!! You explain why things are done and if it does not work out, you work to fix the issues quickly and efficiently. I appreciate this.

Adam,

Well played, as a small business owner there will be some successes, and some failures, but as long as you KISS (Keep it Simple Simon!), and focus on the customer and efficiency and accuracy you will be successful!  No one wants you to be Amazon but we do want less stress in your day to day business affairs, we are all here for support,

Waiting for the order has never been an issue for me here in MN The email notifications assured me and gave me peace of mind that the order was received and will be on its way. Waiting for a package is part of the excitement of it showing up! I woul rather have the experienced team and consistentancy on how orders are handled and sent out. One point of contact.

Really neat to have Dylan back with Adams. He earned respect for his knowledge and advice by pretty much everyone of your customers and make no mistake, that is important.

I have really noticed the marketing strategy coming back. For awhile it was pretty bare bone. Some of the new offers, package deals, logo stuff keeps the line alive and customers proud to be able to visibly tell others about Adams! Let's face it, if someone is willing to buy

Apparrel calendars, etc to promote your product to a network of car enthusiasts one add couldn't do it cheaper!

Keep up the good work, Bravo!

Good to hear. I never had a problem with an order shipped from CO. Can't say the same for the other distribution centers you had. Also I totally agree with keeping it simple. That's one if the things I appreciate so much from Adams compared to the other Guys. I don't spend a ton of money but what I co buy is always Adams.

Edited by CMDChase