Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep Wheel Cleaner labels - an idea

Ricky Bobby

Question

You know how Leather Conditioner used to say just "Leather Conditioner" and now it says "Leather and Interior Conditioner"? Advertising the multi use on the label.

My idea is on DWC place a smaller font wording underneath like "& Iron Remover" so it advertises the multi use as a paint Decon product as well. It's already on the small side label I think so it might just help sell more uses and product for people who haven't used a paint Decon spray before.

Maybe in the future set of videos this feature could be highlighted as well after the wash and before claying?

Take my .02 for what it's worth, just with Sonax coming out with Fallout Remover and Optimum's advertised as Paint/Wheel combo product it's just a suggestion.

Either way DWC has the best price point, performance, and IMO as I've tried most of them, SMELL. At least the cherry scent does a good job of masking the chemical, some of them don't even try to LOL

that's all tonight for my "thoughts at the gym" edition...

25 answers to this question

Any tips on how to use this stuff safely on your paint? I had no idea it worked well for paint too, and I got about 1 gallon left of it...

Dilute it 1:1 and just spray it on.  Don't let it dry and if you want, you can agitate it (after the color change) with a rinseless soaked towel.  Then rinse very well.

Edited by SYMAWD

I totally agree.  I suggested "Deep Wheel and Paint Cleaner" awhile back when Adam asked if Quick Sealant should become Quick Wheel Sealant.  

Can you post a pic of the new LC label?  I haven't seen it and it seems like a new picture hasn't been taken for the website yet.

Edited by SYMAWD

Dilute it 1:1 and just spray it on.  Don't let it dry and if you want, you can agitate it (after the color change) with a rinseless soaked towel.  Then rinse very well.

Perfect answer and GREAT tip for light agitation with a rinseless soaked towel!

In my opinion the best wheel cleaner on the planet is Einszett 1Z ColorTec. Spray on and let it sit for 3-5 minutes and spray off. For heavily soiled surface or lots of contaminents might need to agitate. This stuff not only cleans but removes iron contaminants. It changes to a deep purple to let you know its done and ready to be rinsed off.

In my opinion the best wheel cleaner on the planet is Einszett 1Z ColorTec. Spray on and let it sit for 3-5 minutes and spray off. For heavily soiled surface or lots of contaminents might need to agitate. This stuff not only cleans but removes iron contaminants. It changes to a deep purple to let you know its done and ready to be rinsed off.

I've tried it and it works nowhere near as well as Adam's.

Rick I like a lot of 1Z products. It's priced the same as DWC, does the same cleaning action, but doesn't smell as good as Adams.

I've posted about it before and by the gallon as well Adams is cheaper. Colourtec is $80 for a 5 "liter refill, DWC is cheaper at $60 per gallon.

Plus as Dylan mentioned you can cut it 1:1 with water as an iron remover and you're getting even more for your value.

I'm certaintly always open to the idea of trying out new products. I have spent thousdands of dollars over the years on countless products and like I mentioned before that is half the fun in detailing. I purchased a 5 liter order of Einszett a few months ago. When I'm out I'll be more than happy to give Adams DWC a shot. Honestly, I have just recently started trying some of Adams products. So far I've had successes in most of the products I have ordered.

Good to hear man and I'm more just breaking balls. Colourtec is a good product and for the price it's definitely comparable. There are 3 1Z products that are an absolute staple on my shelf.

However I am telling you though that DWC thank the lord is the best smelling out of all the color changing wheel cleaners on the market. And I'm not just saying that because I'm an Adams fanboy.

I have 2-3 other brands on my shelf besides adams for reference.

So on the topic of DWC as being an 'iron cutter'.  I noticed on the roof of my truck a couple areas of rust. Is this safe to use in a 1:1 ratio on that and then seal over that?   Im just looking to inhibit the rust until I can get it properly fixed and painted.

I know that, but technically rust is iron so I was just curious if it would work at removing it at all?   Getting prepped and re sprayed is more than I want to spend right now.  that's all.  they are minor spots.

So on the topic of DWC as being an 'iron cutter'.  I noticed on the roof of my truck a couple areas of rust. Is this safe to use in a 1:1 ratio on that and then seal over that?   Im just looking to inhibit the rust until I can get it properly fixed and painted.

We are talking about rail dust on paint.  If you have panels rusting you need to sand it down and get it properly fixed.

^^^ This.

If you have exposed rust, as in the panel is missing paint and rusting, you don't want to spray anything on there that will accelerate that process, which DWC will do. I'd at the very least spot fix that area.

Sand it down, including the surrounding few square inches, till the rust is gone, and spray it with some paint, even if its not a perfect match. Will be far better than leaving it exposed and allowing it to spread.

Long story short - don't spray DWC on until you have the rust spots fixed.

^^^ This.

If you have exposed rust, as in the panel is missing paint and rusting, you don't want to spray anything on there that will accelerate that process, which DWC will do. I'd at the very least spot fix that area.

Sand it down, including the surrounding few square inches, till the rust is gone, and spray it with some paint, even if its not a perfect match. Will be far better than leaving it exposed and allowing it to spread.

Long story short - don't spray DWC on until you have the rust spots fixed.

So about the labels  :ph34r: