Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Foam Gun and Car Shampoo impressions

ssooch

Question

I received the new Foam Gun and Car Shampoo and was able to give it a go yesterday. First off the foam gun is made with some very serious hardware. This thing is built to last. In comparison to other foam guns I've used it's a lot smaller and at first I thought that was bad. I used the light green jet as a starting point. From the chart you are provided this is right the middle. The gun foams very nice and shoots a decent distance. Obviously this will be determined by your water pressure as well. The foam that this produced was very thick and "sticky". It clung to the panels of My Camaro for just the right amount of time to grab and encapsulate all the crude and pull off my paint. The handle of the foam gun has very nice heft to it but the rubber grip makes it very manageable and comfortable. I was worried about the size of the reservoir but that didn't matter one bit. If you look at the second to last pic you can see that I didn't even use half of the solution. And I felt like I was wasting product as I kept foaming and foaming away. The combination of the new car shampoo with this foam gun is a hit.

The Car Shampoo itself feels much more concentrated and much slicker than the old "red" stuff. I used about half of what I'd normally use on my wash mitts and the suds were nuts!! As far as the smell goes. Well that's subjective. But it does smell very nice. I had My wife come give the sniff test. And she approved, so that means I approve!! 

I didn't have a chance to to try out the old "red" car shampoo with this foam gun yet and it's supposed to snow here in Salt Lake City this weekend. But if I get a chance next week I'll give it a shot and come back and update this post. 

On a side note. The future of car enthusiasts is in good hands. My neighbor's Son had to come over and show Me his HPI Racing 69 Camaro. He loves Camaros and told Me that he's getting one soon... The matching RUN DMC shirts were just a coincidence. An awesome coincidence if you ask Me! 

post-4327-0-08226100-1424442001_thumb.jpg

post-4327-0-40412300-1424442051_thumb.jpg

post-4327-0-06795800-1424442073_thumb.jpg

post-4327-0-14676100-1424442668_thumb.jpg

post-4327-0-63470000-1424442683_thumb.jpg

post-4327-0-08111800-1424443244_thumb.jpg

Great pics, love the last one!

The foam gun is seriously nice construction for sure, and you're right about the reservoir, even on my Hydrofoamer I can foam and foam and feel like it never empties.

For reference when I wash in the spring if I'm just doing one car I'll only fill up the reservoir halfway.  Plenty of suds to get the wheels/tires once and for at least 2-foamings (pre-foam, rinse, foam, and then wash as normal) on 1 car.

I'm jealous of you guys. I wish I could use this... My community doesn't allow car washing and even if I tried to sneak one out, I don't see any hose attachments anywhere. I'd have to link it up to my kitchen faucet and that sounds like alot of work and a really effin long hose LOL.

I will have to use a local car washing port to wash my car. and from what I can see on reviews, they don't allow you to do your thing LOL. 

Freezing temps and anything with water = ice Eddie.

What you were seeing is the unpredictability of Colorado weather. We can get a foot of snow one day, and it'll be 60* and sunny the next. So the odds are you saw it in use on one of those post freezing days.

This will still freeze if the temps are low enough as will any product you mix with water that doesn't contain alcohol in significant quantities.

Got mine today too.  The foam gun quality is top notch, but I guess I'm the odd man out on the new shampoo.  I don't want to say it smells awful, but I don't find it to be pleasant at all.  As long as it performs well, that's all that really matters.

Got mine today too. The foam gun quality is top notch, but I guess I'm the odd man out on the new shampoo. I don't want to say it smells awful, but I don't find it to be pleasant at all. As long as it performs well, that's all that really matters.

Uh oh! What about the scent would you say "disagrees" with you?

Edited by Masaharu

Uh oh! What about the scent would you say "disagrees" with you?

I can't quite figure out what it is, but it reminds me of one of those "healthy" sheets of dried fruit. I also can't stand the smell of Americana, but once again, it only seems to be me.

See and I love the smell of Americana! Like I said scent preference is very subjective. But bottom line it's a thicker, slicker, even safer and more concentrated shampoo than the "red" stuff.

Does anyone know the size of the foam canister? 

It does look smaller than my HydroFoamer I've had for years.

I've used Adam's car shampoo for years with the HydroFoamer and it works great.

I just used mine this morning and it works great. I used the old soap in my bucket and the new soap in the foamer. It was nice to be able to wash the whole vehicle without having to rinse. I washed a Ford expedition and normally I have to rinse at least once to keep the soap from drying so it actually saved me time which I didn't really expect. I ended up with the Burgundy orfrice instead of the yellow green, I may even go to the next larger size if I have any problems with the soap drying.

To make the foam gun even easier to use I pre-mixed my foam gun solution in a gallon container.  It is mixed at 6 oz. Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to 32 oz. of water.  Just pour the solution in the foam gun  and you are ready to go.  If you want a heavier mixture, just add a little more Shampoo.

premixedCarWash006.jpg

Got my stuff in last night and unpacked today.  The gun is excellent quality and guys who have used a gilmour before can really tell just how much nicer it is.  This thing is a tank and I really like the interchangeable nozzles instead of that brass slider thing.  I didn't have a decent sprayer for my hose either and now I do.  The sprayer with the gun is awesome, seems to be powder coated solid metal with a rubber grip and stainless disconnect.

The new Shampoo smells like melted blue Otter Pops, I like it.  I haven't tried it yet diluted since it's still freezing out but I might get a chance tomorrow if it hits near 40.

I'm excited to try out the new shampoo. Unfortunately I'll have to wait a while since I just picked up a gallon of Chemical Guys Mr. Pink. Stuff works really well and it smells great. But half the fun in detailing is trying out new products.

I'm excited to try out the new shampoo. Unfortunately I'll have to wait a while since I just picked up a gallon of Chemical Guys Mr. Pink. Stuff works really well and it smells great. But half the fun in detailing is trying out new products.

Very true :)