Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need to vent... Serenity Now.....

PT3

Question

Hey guys... I just need to vent here.  Hopefully someone may also have some words of wisdom on how YOU handle this situation.

So a LONG awaited day... It's warm enough to actually enjoy washing my car... in my own driveway.  It felt good.  I didn't go crazy because I knew it was going to get dirty quickly...

Now I know the snow is going to be melting and making the roads wet and mixing with the salt and grime.

But MAN... after one short drive to the store and she's filthy.  Actually looks worse (more white) than before I washed her this AM.

I know... it's just a car... it gets driven and it gets dirty.  But man...it's these kinds of things that makes me want to get the hell out of the Northeast!!!

Sorry for the rant.

Maybe someone can share how they let this fact of life 'roll off their shoulders' without getting frustrated.

Thanks guys!

18 answers to this question

Same! I did my dads 2011 Hyundai sana fe limited the other week and the same thing happened. I was so frustrated about it but what can you do. that's life. Today I did my mom's 2004 gmc yuokn xl and my grandmoms 2009 Hyundai santa fe. And by the time I was done washing both of them, the roads were dry! so they will stay clean for a while

In winter, I view washing as more of a chance to get the salt and other nasty stuff off so it does not cause damage, as opposed to washing it so it looks nice for awhile.  When possible, I also try to plan washes for breaks in the nasty weather so it doesn't get dirty the very next day.

In winter, I view washing as more of a chance to get the salt and other nasty stuff off so it does not cause damage, as opposed to washing it so it looks nice for awhile.  When possible, I also try to plan washes for breaks in the nasty weather so it doesn't get dirty the very next day.

I do as well. And we're supposed to have a nice stretch of decent weather here this week. It was just frustrating because my car hasn't been clean for more than a few hours for months now. With ONE SINGLE drive it's filthy.

I've got to move!

You are not the only one. Mine stayed clean for about a day,but with warmer weather ahead I can live with it.

I'd be happy if it stayed clean for ONE SINGLE day! Lol. It literally took less than 20 minutes to be coated in white salt spray!

Oh well... It IS, what it IS.

With over 6 feet of snow in a month up here I know where your coming from !! I did the same to my truck and my wifes SUV the other day, it has been months since they looked so clean. It was barely 40 deg. but the sun was out and I just had to give them a bath. It will be nice soon !!!!

Numerous neighbors and coworkers have asked me why I wash my vehicles so often, they're just going to get dirty. I reply "why do you wipe your a**, it's just going to get dirty again!"

There in a nutshell is your answer. We're not them and a clean car means more to us than the general population. The car got dirty so you get to wash it again. I don't know about you but that momentary anger for me is followed by the joy of getting to do what I enjoy.

See here:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/12333-what-did-you-do-today/?p=438666

and here:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/12333-what-did-you-do-today/?p=438742

Phil I look at it this way:

Even if I spend the afternoon cleaning the car up and then drive the next day and go through all the melty puddles, etc, I feel better because I know I got ____ (weeks,months,etc) worth of filth and road grime off the vehicle so it is not damaging to the paint.

If you hone your rinseless regimen, this time of year you could spend 45 mins twice a week doing one and probably not need much else.

Was it tempting in 50 degrees to take the cover off and go for a ride on my Triumph?  Absolutely, but did I do it?  Absolutely not, why would I want to ride around in that filth, and get myself all dirty, my leathers dirty, etc, not even worried about the bike.  That's my rant.

Numerous neighbors and coworkers have asked me why I wash my vehicles so often, they're just going to get dirty. I reply "why do you wipe your a**, it's just going to get dirty again!"

There in a nutshell is your answer. We're not them and a clean car means more to us than the general population. The car got dirty so you get to wash it again. I don't know about you but that momentary anger for me is followed by the joy of getting to do what I enjoy.

See here:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/12333-what-did-you-do-today/?p=438666

and here:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/12333-what-did-you-do-today/?p=438742

Truly enjoyed that 'arse wiping' line. That made me LOL! The only diff is it only takes me a minute to thoroughly wipe my arse! Lol

Phil I look at it this way:

Even if I spend the afternoon cleaning the car up and then drive the next day and go through all the melty puddles, etc, I feel better because I know I got ____ (weeks,months,etc) worth of filth and road grime off the vehicle so it is not damaging to the paint.

If you hone your rinseless regimen, this time of year you could spend 45 mins twice a week doing one and probably not need much else.

Was it tempting in 50 degrees to take the cover off and go for a ride on my Triumph?  Absolutely, but did I do it?  Absolutely not, why would I want to ride around in that filth, and get myself all dirty, my leathers dirty, etc, not even worried about the bike.  That's my rant.

Yeah,yeah, yeah... I know. But I want a clean car damn it!! Lol.

You'd probably want a newer self-cleaning type coating now to get you through winter months, I know Phil @ DD was testing one on his B5 S4 and honestly it looked amazing when I saw it in person, I forgot the name though!  I swore he cleaned his car the day before I came in and he said nope he hadn't touched it in 10 days.

You could email him if you wanted to about it, I don't think its available yet for distribution but hopefully soon.

My black truck is currently white from salt. First time its been above freezing in a while and ill get to clean it. I just try and realize theres not much you can do about it in this crap and keep sealant on her.