Customer Service 866.965.0400

Modified Rinseless Process... Thoughts?

PT3

Question

So here's what I did:

Power rinsed - focusing on the front (bugs) and the lower rockers / lower rear quarters / wheels

Sprayed each panel with Rinseless mixture

Rinseless 'wiped' ENTIRE car

Misted with Detail Spray (some parts of the car began drying slightly)

Dried ENTIRE car

Wheels last with Rinseless Spray and damped towel wipe down.

Thoughts on 'washing' the entire car before drying?  Versus doing a panel at a time.

When I was doing a panel at a time I would accidentally get my drying towel dirty by hitting a spot I didn't wash yet.  

So lets hear your opinions, suggestions, thoughts, etc...

Thanks guys!

19 answers to this question

As long as it doesn't dry you can do the whole car. I go panel by panel, but to avoid your dirty drying towel problem, when I wash a panel, I slightly go into the adjacent panels that way I can just dry the one main panel and not worry about dirt getting on my drying towel.

I think that I would do a panel or two at a time......this way you will avoid streaking.

How does doing a panel at a time vs entire car, avoid streaking? I didn't get any streaks today with this method. .? I don't follow.... Please elaborate.

Thanks!

As long as it doesn't dry you can do the whole car. I go panel by panel, but to avoid your dirty drying towel problem, when I wash a panel, I slightly go into the adjacent panels that way I can just dry the one main panel and not worry about dirt getting on my drying towel.

And what happens if it dries? Couldn't I just hit it with DS to re-wet the panel and dry to a shine?

As for your drying process... I hear you and that's what I was doing, but I still would prefer to wash everything before I take a clean towel to the car. But I'm open to change.

How does doing a panel at a time vs entire car, avoid streaking? I didn't get any streaks today with this method. .? I don't follow.... Please elaborate.

Thanks!

If you dry as you go you have less chance of streaking.....if your system is working for you stay with it.

Never had streaking when I've done the whole car before drying.. how would that result in streaking? Yes sometimes it dries and needs a shot of detail spray. I typically do about 1/4-1/2 of the car before drying

If you are working in the sun it COULD cause streaking......in my opinion its best to do a panel at a time. If doing the whole car works for you that's great!

I generally do the whole car if Im using the hose first to knock off big dirt. Dry after and go back with detail spray to finish and take care of any spotting/streaks.

If you dont mind this last step then its fine. I think most of the guys saying do, "one panel at a time" dont want to go back over with detail spray.

The new H2O Gloss is going to be perfect for this as a finishing agent I think.

I've used a similar method where I spray the car off at the local pay 'n spray to get any dirt and gunk off the car. Take it home park it in the garage then heavily pre-soak the entire car with diluted rinseless. Afterwards, I start the entire rinseless wash never drying the car until car is completely rinseless washed. Haven't had any dry spots and if any arise while doing the wash, I just take the Kwazar Venus sprayer and mist the diluted rinseless on that part of the car. After drying the car, I'll sometimes do panel by panel with detail spray just for an added glossy finish. Works great and seems to speed the process up a little more.

If you are working in the sun it COULD cause streaking......in my opinion its best to do a panel at a time. If doing the whole car works for you that's great!

Ahhhh.... got it!  Understood.  When I did my wash yesterday it was around 7pm so the sun was almost fully down.  Thanks bud!

Phil your process is sound and yes if you aren't doing it in the sun, perfectly fine, and very efficient!  If using GDWM, I would pre-soak the car, rinseless wash the whole car, and just go back to the start, mist the panel/panels as you go with DS or diluted Rinseless, and then dry with your waffle weave to a streak free shine. 

If you're working in the shade or garage its not only faster to just go over the whole vehicle with a rinseless GDWM, but less trips back and forth to grab your drying towel, swap to a towel from the bucket, etc.  Just more efficient in general.

Is it more efficient not trying to go around the dirty glass as well, correct?  As always I do the wheels/tires last with dedicated separate towels that are used for those tasks only (all purpose black MF towels) when doing rinseless washes.  If you are pre-rinsing with the PW, I would spray the tires with APC and wheels with diluted rinseless to clean them up and get most of the grime off with the PW rinse, then when you get to them at the end with your dedicated towels in the bucket, it will require minimal agitation to get them clean.

So here's what I did:

Power rinsed - focusing on the front (bugs) and the lower rockers / lower rear quarters / wheels

Sprayed each panel with Rinseless mixture

Rinseless 'wiped' ENTIRE car

Misted with Detail Spray (some parts of the car began drying slightly)

Dried ENTIRE car

Wheels last with Rinseless Spray and damped towel wipe down.

Thoughts on 'washing' the entire car before drying?  Versus doing a panel at a time.

When I was doing a panel at a time I would accidentally get my drying towel dirty by hitting a spot I didn't wash yet.  

So lets hear your opinions, suggestions, thoughts, etc...

Thanks guys!

It is fine to let Rinseless dry on the car.  I would suggest this:

• Wet a fluffy towel in the Rinseless wash bucket
  • Do the Rinseless wash on the entire car (vs. panel by panel)
  • Spray a couple of shots of H20 Gloss & Guard on the damp towel
  • Wipe 1/2 a panel (maybe the windows on a 4 door car)
  • a couple more sprays G&G on the towel and complete the panel (like DvK shows in the video)
  • wipe again with a dry fluffy towel (there will hardly be anything to remove)
  • move on to the next panel

This is a quick, efficient method to wash, gloss, seal, and dry the car!

It is fine to let Rinseless dry on the car.  I would suggest this:

• Wet a fluffy towel in the Rinseless wash bucket
  • Do the Rinseless wash on the entire car (vs. panel by panel)
  • Spray a couple of shots of H20 Gloss & Guard on the damp towel
  • Wipe 1/2 a panel (maybe the windows on a 4 door car)
  • a couple more sprays G&G on the towel and complete the panel (like DvK shows in the video)
  • wipe again with a dry fluffy towel (there will hardly be anything to remove)
  • move on to the next panel
This is a quick, efficient method to wash, gloss, seal, and dry the car!

H2O Gloss & Guard.....??.. Did I miss something?

Phil your process is sound and yes if you aren't doing it in the sun, perfectly fine, and very efficient!  If using GDWM, I would pre-soak the car, rinseless wash the whole car, and just go back to the start, mist the panel/panels as you go with DS or diluted Rinseless, and then dry with your waffle weave to a streak free shine. 

If you're working in the shade or garage its not only faster to just go over the whole vehicle with a rinseless GDWM, but less trips back and forth to grab your drying towel, swap to a towel from the bucket, etc.  Just more efficient in general.

Is it more efficient not trying to go around the dirty glass as well, correct?  As always I do the wheels/tires last with dedicated separate towels that are used for those tasks only (all purpose black MF towels) when doing rinseless washes.  If you are pre-rinsing with the PW, I would spray the tires with APC and wheels with diluted rinseless to clean them up and get most of the grime off with the PW rinse, then when you get to them at the end with your dedicated towels in the bucket, it will require minimal agitation to get them clean.

Ok, cool.... So I'm doing exactly as you describe here.

I generally do the whole car if Im using the hose first to knock off big dirt. Dry after and go back with detail spray to finish and take care of any spotting/streaks.

If you dont mind this last step then its fine. I think most of the guys saying do, "one panel at a time" dont want to go back over with detail spray.

The new H2O Gloss is going to be perfect for this as a finishing agent I think.

I have been doing a similar process. It works really well.