Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black car blues

moparbrian

Question

I have read soo many topics and watched videos here on the forum and I am trying to see what the members have to say about the haze I have only on the lower part of my doors.

Its a 2010 Challenger with Black Pearl paint. The only spot I see a haze and its when the sun hits it a certain way is on the lower half of the doors. I normally clay bar & use black box wax due to its black and filling power but I am moving all my products over to Adams and I am looking to correct this haze. The doors on the car have been slowly developing this and its time to correct it.

My car looks great otherwise but its almost like the doors need to be stripped of the wax or something. I am looking for suggestions to correct it without a machine.  Cant get a good picture of it but 2 of the car attached. Thanks for your help.

post-12844-0-05358800-1430360793_thumb.jpg

post-12844-0-09708800-1430360823_thumb.jpg

20 answers to this question

Also I'd bet the "haze" is from your washing process, the lower parts of the car are usually have the most dirt and potential to induce wash marring. Also look into the 2 bucket method and proper wash technique if you are unfamiliar with them. Getting a d/a will not only save you arm/hand pain but will do a far better job and saves time

Thanks for all your responses. I am checking all the videos. I was thinking the same thing about using the 2 bucket method. I recently installed an electric power washer on my wall and have a foaming lance. Kinda like a mini car wash station. This and Adams products are my new set up for detailing my cars. I guess I will get a machine and try it on my truck first. The car needs little correcting so it should be fairly easy once I get the process down.

I purchased the $70 from HF polisher and got Adams 6in backing plates and the 7" pad & polish kit. Plus the drill attachment and some pads. Another $169 to Adams and picked up $150 of stuff yesterday too. That should be it for a while. Here is a picture of the power washing station I made. Almost done. Lining up all the Adams stuff now.

post-12844-0-74332800-1430430993_thumb.jpg

The HF DA is an absolute beast. More power than a PC. Rotate the handle to get the power switch up top, use a 6" backing plate and 7" pads from Adams, and if you'd like to quiet it down you can use some heavy duty grease in the head.

For the 60-70 bucks for the machine it will pay for itself in one or two detailing sessions.

Nice Ryobi PW I love mine!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Yeah I seen the write up on that. I will take a look at the polisher when I get it. The PW will pay for its self too bc I go to the touchless wash 6 times a month with 2 black cars. Everyone knows the touchless wont get off that film. So make my own cleaning station. :)

post-12347-0-86880800-1430448865_thumb.jpg

As received and started

post-12347-0-32467400-1430448917_thumb.jpg

2 passes with Cyclo, Orange Microfiber pads, and Adam's Paint Correcting Polish

Attached are photos of a black 2007 C6 Corvette that has sat inside an old warehouse for the last 5 years, uncovered, and it looks like wiped down with something that damaged the paint.

Car only has 6600 miles, and it was driven a TOTAL of 700 miles in the past 5 years, so it has seen some limited driving and outdoor environment too.

The bottom photo is only 2 passes of Correcting Polish with a Cyclo machine, NO Finishing Polish, Sealant, or Glaze yet applied.

A machine can, and will make black look as fresh, new paint, without too much effort, as long as you use the proper tools and products.

This car will end up as a show car, so time to complete isn't the top priority, more so 100 percent correction.

Wow that looks great! Other than a water spot here or there the paint on my car is in great shape. I take care of it for shows. Its this lower sides that have the haze. Can't wait to get it back to perfect. The 2013 1500 I just got will need more work but I am excited to work on it. I had it detailed and its OK but I thought...man I do better than that by hand.

Brian I am in CT not too far.

Thanks for all your responses. I am checking all the videos. I was thinking the same thing about using the 2 bucket method. I recently installed an electric power washer on my wall and have a foaming lance. Kinda like a mini car wash station. This and Adams products are my new set up for detailing my cars. I guess I will get a machine and try it on my truck first. The car needs little correcting so it should be fairly easy once I get the process down.

Watching the videos is key for anyone just starting out.  Watch them several times you will pick up so many good pointers and tips.