Customer Service 866.965.0400

Blowing dust off car

tony58

Question

Any pros or cons blowing off dust on other wise clean car?On Thursday nites I go to a Cruise In thats held on a grassy field.Then on Friday nite I go to another Cruise In where I wash the car before I go.So on Thursday I would like to just blow it off instead of washing two days in a row.

So if I blow it off(Carefully) with clean compressed air,any pros or cons?

Thanks

13 answers to this question

I would be concerned about your air supply being filtered. Think of a sandblaster on a very small scale. Personally, I'd opt for a waterless or rinseless wash over the compressed air. Much safer and more effective since the air won't get it all off the paint.

I would be concerned about your air supply being filtered. Think of a sandblaster on a very small scale. Personally, I'd opt for a waterless or rinseless wash over the compressed air. Much safer and more effective since the air won't get it all off the paint.

Makes sense.

Thanks

Get a paint gun with a reservoir on top and fill the reservoir with waterless or rinseless wash.  Hook this up to your air hose and clean the car this way.  A filter in the air hose at some point would be a good safety item. 

Air is not going to get all or most of the dust off by itself

With no more dust than you have on the car I would do a traditional rinseless wash.  

I use my Sidekick to blow my car off, then use WW in a hand held pump pressure sprayer to spray the area down and MANY WW towels to finish it off.  My car is a garage queen. 

My garage queen gets a blast from the Master Blaster, nice warm filtered air,and never had a problem with any scratches. If really dusty, a coating of foam from the foam cannon loaded up with Adams Car Shampoo, a quick rinse off of the foam,a blow dry from the Master Blaster, and perfectly clean and shiny!! Never touched the car with any type of pad or mitt so no scratching possible with this method. 

Get a paint gun with a reservoir on top and fill the reservoir with waterless or rinseless wash. Hook this up to your air hose and clean the car this way. A filter in the air hose at some point would be a good safety item.

Air is not going to get all or most of the dust off by itself

With no more dust than you have on the car I would do a traditional rinseless wash. [/quote

So basically build an Air Injection system? Yes it's highly recommended if you have the coin or an existing compressor. All you need is an inline moisture filter and it's completely awesome.

I've started to use Meguiar's (sorry) detailing mist to clean the pollen off my Camaro.  I love Spring but I can't wait for it to be over.  Green dust on red jewel tintcoat is icky.

Have you tried Adam's Detail Spray?  Most of us have found it to be far superior to anything you get retail.

Edited by Beemer

That seems to be the new Garry Dean fad. Other than spraying the solution on their faster, what is the benefit of that set up?

The theory of air injection is that the 125-150psi of the compressed solution being sprayed on the paint is actually helping to break up surface dirt and grime much better than just spraying your pre soak with a normal spray bottle. And theoretically you could accomplish dirtier cars using GDWM.

However for me personally it would come most in handy in winter, but my garage can dip below freezing if the outside temps are bad enough (non heated) and air compressors aren't really meant to be running in below freezing temps.

It's easier for me to just do a thorough pressure washer rinse to get most grime off before the actual wash begins, that does the most amount of help in a wash routine IMO.

My garage queen gets a blast from the Master Blaster, nice warm filtered air,and never had a problem with any scratches. If really dusty, a coating of foam from the foam cannon loaded up with Adams Car Shampoo, a quick rinse off of the foam,a blow dry from the Master Blaster, and perfectly clean and shiny!! Never touched the car with any type of pad or mitt so no scratching possible with this method. 

I will give this a try...