Customer Service 866.965.0400

Emblems/Badges

Sanchez03

Question

Can anyone give me pointers/tips on the best way to detail in and around emblems/badges? I'm new to the whole full detailing of a vehicle and don't want to cut any corners. I'm wanting to do a complete detail. Wash, clay, polish, etc.

Thanks in advance

10 answers to this question

What level of cleaning are they in need of?

Just washing alone you can get most dirt/grime out of those areas, and address any light spots with DS and a towel after the wash.

If you've got more serious grime the trim and lug nut brush used with soap/water to gently clean around the badges and emblems. I'll typically do this first, then foam down the car, then move into the rest of the wash process.

My car is an 03 and haven't really done any deep detailing. Just typical car wash and cleaning. The paint could use a full paint correction and all to bring back to life. Basically I am going to be using the car as my guinea pig and teach myself the basics.

Depending on the space and level of dirt I'm trying to clean I'll use diluted Rinseless or DS in a spray bottle and I use various sizes of foam paint brushes, q-tips, toothbrushes, old credit card wrapped with t-shirt material and double soft towels.

Thanks for all the posts. I would guess it would be the same way to clay bar it then polish and so on and so forth correct? Get the area all cleaned up and sealed then mask off to do the same around the area.

What the others said^.  

I will also use an Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush that is dedicated for paint only, usually with Waterless Wash.  Popsicle sticks (craft sticks) wrapped in a thinner MF towel are heplful too.      

I remove all badges on all my vehicles, every time, for over 10 years now since I started driving.  Its a cleaner look, and if you have a performance vehicle it makes it more of a sleeper.

I only leave the marque badge of the make, thats it.  My wifes JSW TDI even got her TDI badge removed this weekend *gasp*

Some people can't find it in them to remove their badges or feel that there is a "special" badge that they can't remove because they have to advertise a special engine, etc, but personally its not my taste.

I would be that guy to debadge a Z06, Cayman GTS, Hellcat, etc, just because I know what type of car it is and if you are enthusiast you should know as well.