Customer Service 866.965.0400

Few questions for you guys!

Giovanni95

Question

Good evening everyone I have a few questions that I would love to be answered! I just bought a lot of adams products and i'm getting a little more serious into detailing as a hobby since I just enjoy it and will do it for my already customers!

These are just some covers over the actual rim and they look terrible, its like a plastic chrome type thing. Is there anything I could do to refreshen them?

post-13216-0-21389800-1439939223_thumb.jpg

The headlights are a bit hazy I plan on using the fine machine polish on it with my new rupes big foot 15mm or what do you guys suggest?

post-13216-0-39799600-1439939267_thumb.jpg

Again more of this plastic chrome type stuff looking bad and hazy.

post-13216-0-31890900-1439939272_thumb.jpg

Then this last part on the back you can really tell what I mean about the haze and how bad it looks. 

post-13216-0-57367200-1439939277_thumb.jpg

On the chromed plastic try Revive or PFP by hand.

Also give PFP with a white pad a try with the Rupes on your headlights, but it could require PCP on a orange pad to remove that haze.

Treat your chrome wheels and mirrors like your paint.........like mentioned clay first, then polish by machine use PCP and orange pad.

For you wheels if you polish by hand you can use Revive. Then I would use BG to get them to pop followed by QS to seal them up.

As far as your head lights you may need to wet sand first, then polish and finally seal with QS. The 4" Focus pads on a drill do a great job on headlights. Let us know if you have anymore questions and Thank you for your business!

I agree, I just did the plastic chrome on my 15 F250 and did a 2 step, clay and put buttery over it. I did to Liquid paint sealer on the paint but didnt apply to the chrome as I might be doing some painting to it but wanted protection. 

I also did clay the lights however I only hit with the finishing polish and then buttery. 

Look better than when i first picked it up at the stealership. 

On the chromed plastic try Revive or PFP by hand.

Also give PFP with a white pad a try with the Rupes on your headlights, but it could require PCP on a orange pad to remove that haze.

Awesome thanks for that! Should I get the hand polishing things or should I try with the machine polish using my rupes?

As for the rims, I would take one off at a time and spend some time with Clay and revive to get them back. Nice looking Aspen by the way! Welcome to the family!!

I will try that too. It actually isn't mine it's my neighbors that are like second parents to me (just turned 20). I use it sometimes and it drives like a dream and has the nice 5.7 hemi in it!

Treat your chrome wheels and mirrors like your paint.........like mentioned clay first, then polish by machine use PCP and orange pad.

For you wheels if you polish by hand you can use Revive. Then I would use BG to get them to pop followed by QS to seal them up.

As far as your head lights you may need to wet sand first, then polish and finally seal with QS. The 4" Focus pads on a drill do a great job on headlights. Let us know if you have anymore questions and Thank you for your business!

The BG is a great idea after I finish. I will mostly try the rims by machine and see how it works as right now I don't have any hand polishes. Wet sanding is using sand paper at like 2000,3000 grit paper with some detail spray correct? The focus pad is something I need to get soon as well as a few other things I'm missing because just about everything I've noticed is crucial! 

I agree, I just did the plastic chrome on my 15 F250 and did a 2 step, clay and put buttery over it. I did to Liquid paint sealer on the paint but didnt apply to the chrome as I might be doing some painting to it but wanted protection. 

I also did clay the lights however I only hit with the finishing polish and then buttery. 

Look better than when i first picked it up at the stealership. 

That is great to know that it worked well for you and that it looks great after. 

The BG is a great idea after I finish. I will mostly try the rims by machine and see how it works as right now I don't have any hand polishes. Wet sanding is using sand paper at like 2000,3000 grit paper with some detail spray correct? The focus pad is something I need to get soon as well as a few other things I'm missing because just about everything I've noticed is crucial!

Yes that is correct, the 4" Focus pads will make your job way easier.

You can use APC on paint, just DON'T let it dry, or use it in the direct sunlight.

I would suggest trying a 50/50 dilution first, to see it that works before using full strength.  Work in a small area and pre-rinse, then spray APC dilution on the wet surface, wipe, and immediately rinse.  Then move onto another area, so that it does not dry.

Guys I need help! My truck I use personally and for my landscaping. Short story, I was trimming a 20 foot ficus hedge and one thing about them is that they have this white sap and it got all over my truck . I tried using diluted 50:50 APC and a pressure washer and nothing. What do you guys think I should do? I'm going to try and scrub it with my safe scrub bug sponge and see if that works.

Guys I need help! My truck I use personally and for my landscaping. Short story, I was trimming a 20 foot ficus hedge and one thing about them is that they have this white sap and it got all over my truck . I tried using diluted 50:50 APC and a pressure washer and nothing. What do you guys think I should do? I'm going to try and scrub it with my safe scrub bug sponge and see if that works.

Oh wow, that doesn't sound fun! Did the white sap already harden? If not, I was going to recommend a two bucket wash with Adam's Car Shampoo and a wash pad, but if it's already hardened then that most likely won't do the trick. If that's the case, I would be hesitant to use a bug sponge like that on the paint for fear of inducing swirl marks or scratches. Before you try the sponge, I would recommend you try the blank CD-R test...it usually applies to microfiber towels but it will be applicable here too - wipe the sponge on a blank CD-R that you don't mind discarding - if it scratches up the CD (and my hunch is that it will!), then I'm sure you can guess what it will do to your clearcoat!

For tree sap and water spots, the first thing I always try is Detail Spray and a Clay Bar followed by Revive Hand Polish, because I follow the rule of always try the least aggressive method first. For really bad spots, I will machine polish them out with Paint Correcting Polish and the corresponding orange microfiber and foam pads.

Edited by Dan@Adams

Not sure what Ficus sap is like, but for pine sap I use IPA and a MF towel to spot clean each area.  Clean the residue off by washing or with a Waterless Wash wipe-down, and then re-seal the areas that were cleaned of sap.

I may try the isopropyl alcohol, that's what I was thinking about to do next. Too bad I don't have any waterless wash, but once the sap is off the truck needs a good wash clay and some H20 guard and gloss. I love how quickly you respond it makes things so much easier.

At this point Dan the sap just looks so bad that if the sponge leaves swirl marks which I'm sure it will, I wouldn't mind because then it would make me finally take out my rupes and do some correcting. I will try detail spray and claying it first, then the alcohol as wolf suggested then, if neither of those work... Machine polishing it is!

But won't the sap cake up into the pad though?

As Dan mentioned, remove the sap before proceeding.  You will cause yourself more grief if you don't.  Maybe try this product.  I have used it on tar and it makes short work of it.  And can be picked up at a local auto parts store.  Instructions say it can be used on sap too.

Edited by LFairbanks

As Dan mentioned, remove the sap before proceeding.  You will cause yourself more grief if you don't.  Maybe try this product.  I have used it on tar and it makes short work of it.  And can be picked up at a local auto parts store.  Instructions say it can be used on sap too.

The link won't work, could you post the website with the product?