Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glazed my interior. Thanks Adam

Roadking100

Question

First a little history. Recently got about $400+ goods from Adams. With the order were 7 bottles. And 2 spray tops and 5 pump style tops.

So today is day 3 of detailing and prep for our Corvette club trip this weekend.

By the time i finished wrestling with the pump style tops , i am ready to send em back and have Adam stick em up the exhaust of whatever Conciurs car he is videoing today

Point is. Pump tops DO NOT work with Brilliant Glaze. Oh ya. Top is down on the vert so i can get to the tonneau panel.

Well. Gotta shake the brilliant glaze to keep the solids suspended. Little did i know that whatever is in the pump tube just FLYS right out. All over the leather and and fabric portions if the A pillar.

I went back and watched the brilliant glaze video thinking its something i have done wrong.

Well, wrong was using the pump tops at all. Especially when you are finished and want to close it to keep air out. That last push on the pump squirts a glob all over whatever is near.

Look I realize my unfamiliarity probably had something to do with it. But in NO videos do i see this $&@" pump top. No, Adam is using a nice push/ pull while he instructs us "how to".

Try the Brilliant glaze with a pump top next video Adam. Lets see how pleased the owner of THAT car will be when the stuff flies everywhere.

A shame. Probably a 63 cent top. Made for a lousy experience.

On the BRIGHT side. The swirls and scratches are gone.

And car looks real nice.

Wayne.

20 answers to this question

Brilliant Glaze shouldn't have a pump. Period.  Should have been a cap.  That's a shame.  I would have been ticked too. I'm sure someone will address this for you. The team is at Carlisle for the weekend, but I know they'll be in touch.  

I agree Wayne. The pump top is awful for the runny liquid products. They also got me fired up using metal poliah as well as brilliant glaze. Call customer service or use the new chat feature on the website and I imagine they will send you regular spout tops right away and make it right for you. Hang in there.

Thanks for the reply. I dont feel totally alone !!

I did have a Great customer experience and received good advice from Ben and Joe in customer service regarding my polish sealing and glaze and patriot wax.

And i believe in the products and results they render. But

come on guys. Just show me a video of applying orange polish to a pad with a PUMP. Besides. Now my garage floor is a mess too.

Darn.

It's a known issue and one that Adam has already admitted was a big mistake.  Sorry you got caught in it before the fix was implemented.

As stated above:  Adam will make it more than right if you give him the chance.

Thanks for the reply. I dont feel totally alone !!

I did have a Great customer experience and received good advice from Ben and Joe in customer service regarding my polish sealing and glaze and patriot wax.

And i believe in the products and results they render. But

come on guys. Just show me a video of applying orange polish to a pad with a PUMP. Besides. Now my garage floor is a mess too.

Darn.

The instructional videos on AdamsPolishes.com were filmed before the new pumps were released.

Here is a newer video showing the pump in use with Leather Conditioner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=70&v=qiQWqxNPj7Y

I really like the pumps with thicker products like LC, SVRT, CWS, and the polishes. Much easier for me than shaking and squeezing the bottle to get the product out. It was not such an issue with a full bottle of product, but when it starting to get half empty or so, it became more difficult. Squeezing also causes wear on the bottle and label, which was one of the reasons for switching to the pumps.

Now, through feedback like yours, Adam's learned that the pumps are not so great on the thinner products, and will be switching some back.

I like to keep spare tops, pumps and sprayers on hand, so if I have an issue, I can swap it out. Then, if I drop a bottle and break a sprayer, or a top clogs up because I did not close it, I swap it out and go back to work. The tops and sprayers are relatively inexpensive.

Before I got the replacement tops from Adam I used an old shampoo bottle top that I washed off real well. Sucks that people had to find out the hard way about the pumps. I was able to read the other post where Adam said we can get the old tops for free before using my new bottle of Glaze.

Before I got the replacement tops from Adam I used an old shampoo bottle top that I washed off real well. Sucks that people had to find out the hard way about the pumps. I was able to read the other post where Adam said we can get the old tops for free before using my new bottle of Glaze.

When I read the OP this morning, I remembered that I should have asked for some tops with my order I placed yesterday.  It hadn't shipped yet, so I emailed Ben and he forwarded it on to Jason who included 3 tops with my order before it shipped.  Great customer service as always.

Talk about timing...I just sent a message to Adams yesterday asking for some self-cleaning tops to replace my red pump tops.

A matter of personal preference, but I don't even like the pump top on Super VRT. No matter what one Adams picks, some of us will prefer a different top! Adams is doing a great job handling this issue.

It's a known issue and one that Adam has already admitted was a big mistake.

If this is the case then why are they even being shipped out in orders any more? Thats just disappointing.

I learned the hard way with gallon pumps that you can only use the pumps with creamy products like LC and SVRT. When I first seen/heard about the red pumps being used with all non spray products it made my cringe.

I loved the self cleaning caps. It was probably the best thing to happen to pour/cream 16oz bottles from Adam's. I stock piled them because I knew one day they would disappear and I dont regret it!

Edited by Kingsford

OK, the pump tops did not work as planned for all products. As I said in post #13 I personally don't like the pump caps and I asked Adams for some self-cleaning tops. Shortly after, I get an order confirmation...for free self-cleaning tops.

Question. How many other companies are as customer focused?

So maybe Adams Polish is not absolutely perfect...but they sure know how to put their best foot forward and do right by their customers. Premium products, premium but fair price, premium service. :) 

I just received my order and in it I ordered teh tree pack of pump applicators, becaue I noticed that the Brilliant Glaze shows it on the bottle.  Oh well it was just $1.99.

Swap the new pump tops out for the flip-tops on your polishes.

Have to agree. I would not have ordered so much if it wasn't for how customer centric and helpful they are. Really top notch crew Adam's put together.

OK, the pump tops did not work as planned for all products. As I said in post #13 I personally don't like the pump caps and I asked Adams for some self-cleaning tops. Shortly after, I get an order confirmation...for free self-cleaning tops.

Question. How many other companies are as customer focused?

So maybe Adams Polish is not absolutely perfect...but they sure know how to put their best foot forward and do right by their customers. Premium products, premium but fair price, premium service. :)

I took a shower in some glaze last night while shacking the bottle haha.  I promptly removed the red pump top and used one of my old saved self cleaning tops.  I love the red pump top on everything but the glaze.

Pumps are TERRIBLE on Brilliant Glaze and the Metal Polishes.  PLEASE shoot us an email with your address, and I'll get you dispenser caps, immediately!  Include your address, please.  orders@adamspolishes.com

They are nice with Shampoo, VRT, and with Leather Conditioner.....the rest, not so much.  

ABSOLTUELY TERRIBLE with Brilliant Glaze, I agree, and apologize like crazy to everyone.  They also cost way more than the dispenser caps, we just blew this one.  

I am sorry, and please friends, let us send you new dispenser caps!