Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Daily Driver Video Review

bjoeaull

Hello, not sure if this is the best spot for this comment but here it is.  I thoroughly enjoyed the DD instructional video that Adam did.  I Have been washing DD's for a long time, a lot more often than the Garage queens.  I also have three kids and a black Denali Xl with weathertechs, about an hours time, and to see you do the exact same things while cleaning it up that I thought the Adams forum may hang me for was great. The only thing that could have made it more real is if you had your kids riding by on their bikes splattering water runoff everywhere!   I especially loved seeing you take the towel and wipe off the interior door armrest from the kids nasty hands.  Sometimes you just gotta get the crud off without breaking out the interior detailer all the time.  I definitely will use the quick claybar idea, already enjoying the Guard and Gloss!  Its amazing how a car can go from trashed to beautiful in roughly an hour, just don't come inspecting for swirls  ;).  Anyways thanks for keeping it real in this video, loved it!

I just finished watching the video too and thought it was very nicely done! I follow a very similar method for my daily driver, even right down to the APC and fender brush on my weathertechs.

To save even more time if I'm in a hurry, I'll just clay the front and rear bumpers, windshield, headlights, bottom half of the doors and the rocker panels, since those areas get hammered the most with bugs and tar on my particular daily driver due to all of the unique curves.

But H2O Guard & Gloss is my new go-to product without a doubt. It makes the white pearl sparkle and shine in no time at all. It's almost too easy :-p

I absolutely love this kit. The only question I have is my raptor is corrected and covered in a coat of Americana. Is it ok to follow these instructions and finish it off with the guard and gloss. My understanding is sealants and waxes do not work well together in regards to overall protection. I have a Raptor and live in Texas where it's just to hot this time of year to break out the two bucket and meticulously go around the car. So I believe this kit is exactly what I need just need some clarification on my current Americana treatment vs. the guard and gloss.

Btw I plan to do another correction and use only sealants sometime this fall!

Thanks

I loved the video! Got me excited to go home and 2 bucket wash and than clay/H20 guard and gloss the 45th Camaro the way Adam did in the video.  Took me about 2 hours but that includes setup and cleaning/putting everything away.

I absolutely love this kit. The only question I have is my raptor is corrected and covered in a coat of Americana. Is it ok to follow these instructions and finish it off with the guard and gloss. My understanding is sealants and waxes do not work well together in regards to overall protection. I have a Raptor and live in Texas where it's just to hot this time of year to break out the two bucket and meticulously go around the car. So I believe this kit is exactly what I need just need some clarification on my current Americana treatment vs. the guard and gloss.

Btw I plan to do another correction and use only sealants sometime this fall!

Thanks

if you follow these instructions including the clay part, i believe the clay will remove the americana.  you can then guard and gloss it.  Once you are done, you can then add a layer of americana back onto your car, it won't hurt it.

if you follow these instructions including the clay part, i believe the clay will remove the americana.  you can then guard and gloss it.  Once you are done, you can then add a layer of americana back onto your car, it won't hurt it.

Correct, going over the car with a clay bar is going to pull the majority (if not all) of the Americana paste wax off of the clearcoat. It would then be perfect to apply a coat of H2O Guard and Gloss onto the smooth surface, just like Adam does in the video.

You could then follow up with Americana or Brilliant Glaze or Patriot, but you might be happy enough with the incredible shine and protection that HGG offers!

It was a great video but I felt like he was rushing too much.  I'm sure I would have been too with the sun roasting the car, but I think beginners would be better served seeing a slower, more methodical approach to teach them the right processes. But I also never have time for long videos so some people might not even watch it if it's too long.  Just my observation.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video.  It was very helpful.   Like myself there are many Dads out there that want to spend time with their kids and family and sometimes doing a full detail on a car isn't realistic.  The way Adam presented this cleaning method was great and it's something I'll use moving forward.  Thanks for your comment and interest in the Daily Driver Detail.

Great feedback, and thank you!  That's what we do the most.  We keep our Daily Drivers as clean as possible, and they get cleaned 10X as often as the rest!   This was a very real video, certainly, and it was 90 degrees that day....I had to rush in order to avoid having the water, or product dry on the vehicle. :2thumbs:

Finally had time to watch it, and great video!

I cannot bring myself to use a single bucket, but do only have a Grit Guard in the rinse bucket.  

An FYI: While testing HGG I did a Rinseless wash and let the wash solution dry, then went over the car with HGG as Adam did in the video.  It came out great and saved a step.   

Curious as to what I may be doing wrong with what Adam mentions in the video at 8:15 and his reference to the soap not spotting if it dries in the sun.  I haven't had such luck.  When washing in the sun I have to take my wash mitt and go over the car as I'am rinsing it off to prevent the issue.  I usually try to wash early in the morning before the sun gets up over the top of my shade.  Doesn't always happen though.