Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail spray and counter tops

694doorbird

Question

Just received my bottle of Pumplin Spice detail spray. In the box was a card that said it could be used indoors and showed a picture of it being used on a granite countertop. My question is, what happens if I made a sandwhich on the counter after treating it with detail spray? Would the chemicals bleed into the bread? Yes, sometime I'll put my bread directly on the countertop.

Ps... Love the smell of the pumpkin spice!!!

7 answers to this question

Just received my bottle of Pumplin Spice detail spray. In the box was a card that said it could be used indoors and showed a picture of it being used on a granite countertop. My question is, what happens if I made a sandwhich on the counter after treating it with detail spray? Would the chemicals bleed into the bread? Yes, sometime I'll put my bread directly on the countertop.

Ps... Love the smell of the pumpkin spice!!!

If you are using Pumpkin Bread I don't see a problem. :lol:

I look at this from a slightly different perspective. Rather than debating the safety of Detail Spray, I'd focus on not putting food directly in contact with the counter. Reason being any residue could be lurking on the surface. Not only cleaning products, but other items such as uncooked food could of come in contact with the surface. Personally, I'd be a lot more concerned about raw chicken than Detail Spray.

^This.  Most household chemicals are much more toxic than Detail Spray in comparison.  I have been using Detail Spray and another quick detailer concentrate, diluted down, for dusting of wood furniture, countertops, fridge/oven/microwave/dishwasher wiping, and my dining room table and even my window cleaning and haven't had a health related issue to date and this has been a few years now.

And lets be honest with ourselves at the end of the day use common sense.

Don't spray your counter with Detail Spray and not wipe it dry completely so you can see orange and pink residue and go making a Sloppy Joe on the thing and licking your countertop.

Edited by Ricky Bobby