Customer Service 866.965.0400

H20 GUARD AND GLOSS.......SAME AS SEALANT?

jack5hd

Question

15 answers to this question

you r correct....just did the baggie test and it needs clayed and polished and then sealed .dont have time right now and that is why i did the guard and gloss to at least get something on the paint.....suppose to last for a while........jack

LPS is about a 5-6 month sealant on its own.  GG is a 2-3 month sealant but shares same base properties as LPS - It can be used on its own, just applied every month or two.  Or you can apply LPS, and boost the protection every 2-3 months with GG and you probably can get almost a year of protection out of that regimen before you'd want to clay it and re-seal.

you r correct....just did the baggie test and it needs clayed and polished and then sealed .dont have time right now and that is why i did the guard and gloss to at least get something on the paint.....suppose to last for a while........jack

Even if you just keep the G&G on for the winter with a few applications you are making things better. 

Come warm weather strip wash the vehicle and then go to town with a bunch of product. You will only be improving things. 

From my experience guard and gloss works a bit longer than 2-3 months. So it is well worth it to get it instead of liquid paint sealant. Just my opinion here.

I've had a little longer protection than 2-3 months with one application on one of my vehicles as well, but we like to say 2-3 months to cover the majority of environments that it will see - heat, cold, rain, snow, salt, garaged or parked outside, etc :) 

Nope. Use the sealant FIRST and top it with the wax. That is - if you are using Adam's stuff.....

Other companies use the terms differently.

Thanks but can you give me a brief explanation as to why. I am going to use adams products just like to know

Thanks but can you give me a brief explanation as to why. I am going to use adams products just like to know

Sealants actually bond with the paint, so it's best to put them on paint that is as clean as possible. Waxes just sit on the surface, so put them on top and they won't interfere with the bonding of the sealant.