Customer Service 866.965.0400

Barrett - Jackson Auction

bobfred44

Question

Did anybody notice @kevdogg of "Bitchin Rides" holding a bottle of Adams Detail Spray when he and Dave of Kindig-it Designs drove their car up for auction onto the stage.  I also noticed they use the product throughout their TV shows.  Great car building show and car builder using a great detailing product.   

23 answers to this question

We saw that last night too! Keep your eyes peeled on the TV tonight and you might see the Adam's crew wiping down Django from Weaver Customs before it goes up on the block :)

I just looked up the Django ride on google... One word, WOW!

I swear I saw Adam.  If not, it was his twin.

There have been some nice rides, one or two more special rides, but all in all............it wasn't that great.  

Disappointed that the Purple People Eater didn't sell for a million dollars.  Don't know how much the reserve was on that car, but the big bucks just weren't flowing this year. 

There have been some nice rides, one or two more special rides, but all in all............it wasn't that great.  

Disappointed that the Purple People Eater didn't sell for a million dollars.  Don't know how much the reserve was on that car, but the big bucks just weren't flowing this year. 

Agree'd. It seems when Oil is down so is Barrett Jackson. There's also just not a lot out there right now it seems. After Ron Pratte's sell-off last year, a lot of super cars of years past haven't even started forming a grease stain on their new floors yet.

Saw a report on Power Nation today that said interest in the collector and show car hobby has dropped 27% in the last 5 years among younger people. 

I believe it.  We go to a lot of cruise ins and the people who check out the cars are mostly between 40 and 70. Seems like the car hobby is waning. 

Saw a report on Power Nation today that said interest in the collector and show car hobby has dropped 27% in the last 5 years among younger people. 

I believe it.  We go to a lot of cruise ins and the people who check out the cars are mostly between 40 and 70. Seems like the car hobby is waning. 

I definitely agree. There's a lot of younger car people though in my area, since I'm right by Fort Hood which means tons of soldiers. But that draws a lot of ricers, down right tacky cars due to the younger trends(stance, poke, etc. Bleh!), or hacked together cars. A lot of the well put together cars seem to be from those in the age range you specified.

Having gone to alot of car shows, most of the younger crow just wants to bold it on and go, there are some that love the older cars but they dont have the cash that these vehicles are demanding. 

I agree.  It seems like the cost of cars and performance/appearance modifications are growing in price faster than salaries.

I definitely agree. There's a lot of younger car people though in my area, since I'm right by Fort Hood which means tons of soldiers. But that draws a lot of ricers, down right tacky cars due to the younger trends(stance, poke, etc. Bleh!), or hacked together cars. A lot of the well put together cars seem to be from those in the age range you specified.

We have a local club called Street Survivors who hold a weekly cruise in at a local parking lot every Sunday evening. Food, music, door prizes and a 50/50 every week.  They get a hundred cars each week easy. Any car is welcome. And at the end of each season, money that they raise from the food and raffle goes to local charities.

Lately, the younger "ricer" kids have been showing up and some of their rides are really something to see. But then there's a group that shows up on occasion with just plain junks. Not even close to being rat rods. More like rat rice.  They come with their "women" and all their kids, then walk around and rip on everyone's rides. They pretty much stick to the farthest end of the lot. But why come if you're only going to try and stir things up. 

90% of the people couldn't care less if your car is crappy or not. You're welcome to come. Just don't come and be disrespectful. 

Wow, I must have missed you. Was this when we were wiping down Quicksilver and had a "talking to" from a certain other sponsor of the event?

I wondered how that works, when consignors bring in their own detailers... Whats funny is you can clearly see one detailers logo in the background yet, another is the official detailer of the block, and then the Auction itself has its own brand of products. Just goes to show its all about the $$ with the Jacksons. 

Love the new la labels.

Anyone catch that? or are they just going to let it be? 

Wow, I must have missed you. Was this when we were wiping down Quicksilver and had a "talking to" from a certain other sponsor of the event?

I think it was right before the "talking to". But yes, we were standing by Quicksilver. My assigned car was two aisles over.

I heard about that "talk". If a vehicle owner wants to use a completely different car care product than what is on premises, no one can stop that owner. And if that vehicle owner has the benefit of that company's owner making his detail products available to that vehicle owner and personally assisting with detailing, no one should question it. And should a large company hassle a small company? Barry Meguire isn't out there detailing cars.

I mean, what difference does it make whether I detail my car or if Adam and Dan detail my car with Adam's Products?

I wondered how that works, when consignors bring in their own detailers... Whats funny is you can clearly see one detailers logo in the background yet, another is the official detailer of the block, and then the Auction itself has its own brand of products. Just goes to show its all about the $$ with the Jacksons. 

Anyone catch that? or are they just going to let it be? 

What new la...bel are you talk...ing...about...? I see no such thing! :)

I think it was right before the "talking to". But yes, we were standing by Quicksilver. My assigned car was two aisles over.

I heard about that "talk". If a vehicle owner wants to use a completely different car care product than what is on premises, no one can stop that owner. And if that vehicle owner has the benefit of that company's owner making his detail products available to that vehicle owner and personally assisting with detailing, no one should question it. And should a large company hassle a small company? Barry Meguire isn't out there detailing cars.

I mean, what difference does it make whether I detail my car or if Adam and Dan detail my car with Adam's Products?

I won't comment on the detailing too much, but it was mostly a misunderstanding and Adam and the president of the other company were totally cool - he thought we were going up and down and detailing every vehicle, but all we were doing was helping out the Quicksilver truck since he is a friend and customer. Sorry I didn't get to speak to you...my whole brain was just in sensory overload from the cars and "Hey look there's Burt Reynolds!" "Hey there's Chris Jacobs!" etc. I'm going to make a full thread later this evening after I get the ok from the Chief Detailer.

it is a sweet truck.  it sold for $115k...1000hp, 1800+ lb/ft tq diesel, YES PLEASE!!!!

Wait until you see the next 2 rides that the Weaver's are building next!

What new la...bel are you talk...ing...about...? I see no such thing! :)

I won't comment on the detailing too much, but it was mostly a misunderstanding and Adam and the president of the other company were totally cool - he thought we were going up and down and detailing every vehicle, but all we were doing was helping out the Quicksilver truck since he is a friend and customer. Sorry I didn't get to speak to you...my whole brain was just in sensory overload from the cars and "Hey look there's Burt Reynolds!" "Hey there's Chris Jacobs!" etc. I'm going to make a full thread later this evening after I get the ok from the Chief Detailer.

Wait until you see the next 2 rides that the Weaver's are building next!

No problem.  Quite honestly, I didn't see you, and I'm sure if you were around, Adam would have introduced you. 

I agree with you on the sensory overload. 

I swear I saw Adam.  If not, it was his twin.

Purple People Eater did get up to $1 million exactly but I guess that wasn't high enough for the Reserve.

Purple People Eater did get up to $1 million exactly but I guess that wasn't high enough for the Reserve.

I read somewhere that when the Millers bought the car, they paid around $800,000 for it, then did a complete restoration on it. So I don't think they would make anything on it by selling it for 1 million.  He took it back home ............... for now.

Must be nice. lol