Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing dealership logo/decal goo

bosco1

Question

Hey guys picked up a used C7 and wouldn't you know it they slapped on their dealership decal on the rear fascia before she left. I got the thick decal removed but there is still lots of glue/goo left from it. What's the best approach in removing this? It's C7 so fiberglass car. Didn't get a pic before I left for work..

Here was the decal before removing..

post-12968-0-60565600-1455414921.jpg

17 answers to this question

Goo Gone or Adam's APC with a Clay Bar is what I use. I will also warm up the area first with a hair dryer, just don't get the paint too hot as you don't want to burn it. C7 clear coat seems more soft to me than the hard clear coats of C5 and C6 Corvettes.

I also agree on the comment that plastic razor blades can still scuff up soft clear coat. I use them when removing all of the rally decals from my vehicles and always end up machine polishing those areas afterwards.

I have used a product called Xenit. It removes adhesive really well, will remove tar, grease also. The only drawback is that it will remove all wax, Polish, glaze, and anything else but doesn't hurt clear coat. If used, definitely have to relax/polish/seal the area.

This one was none like I have seen. Thick 3D plastic. It was definitely on there....

When I bought my current Vette, it was the first one I ever bought off the lot and it was already on there. Plus I took the car home within 4 hours of first seeing it. Otherwise, I would have had them remove it before taking it.  All my other cars, I tell them flat out NOT to put one on.  Fortunately, my son in law just stuck his fingernail underneath an edge and it just popped off with no damage to the paint.  I got lucky!