Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass sealant working

Wild2003ss

Question

I've learned that the longer you leave the glass sealant on the better and longer it lasts. 600 miles trough rain & snow and still working like the day I put it on!!! Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or tried it. It also seem like the longer you leave a lot of the products on the better and longer they last. I've had a lot of free time on my hands so I've been trying new things and dilutions.

18 answers to this question

Glass Sealant is extremely easy on and off. I do my outside double hung Windows so they head when it rains in my house, and I apply it cross hatch. Put the applicator down, wait a few seconds, then spritz a mist of glass cleaner and wipe off with an all purpose or waffle weave towel. A little goes a long way with Glass Sealant and I've always been happy with how easy it is to use and it def lasts!

I'll have to try it... thanks for the heads up!

You are welcome !!! This is in my experience also true with H2O G&G and Paint Sealant. For the H2O G&G I wait 20 Minutes after I do the whole vehicle then I use a little detail spray ( a squeeze for each panel ) and it comes right off. Paint Sealant I wait 20 more minutes after it hazes and use a spray of detail spray and it too comes right off. Total time of Paint sealant on the car is 50-60 minutes. Then I wait another hour and apply wax  

Edited by Wild2003ss

^agreed on sealants. When you let them cure a bit they actually come off better. I have let LPS cure overnight in the garage and remove in the morning and it comes off effortlessly, like butter.

Same can't be said for a traditional wax like Americana which is needed to be removed after 2 panels max or its rock hard.

This was great to read and really helped. I haven't bought any of the glass sealant yet, I've only used rain x so i'm excited to try Adam's glass sealant! Thanks for the tips!

You will love glass sealant, better than rain x. Seems to last longer and easier to apply.

I haven't gone to the lengths that Scott has verifying the longevity, but when I do cars, after I have clayed the windshield and paint the first thing that I do is put the sealant on the windshield. I then go about polishing and sealing/waxing the car including the other windows. The last thing I remove/clean is the sealant on the windshield. 

Thanks Scott for verification that I am doing something right! LOL

UPDATE!!! Ok folks after 1500 miles and 2 really bad rain storms the glass-sealant has quit working. So 1300 miles more then the bottle says. This stuff is great thank you Adams for making another great product!!!

Just curious on a couple things. Did you mean 1,500 miles, or 15,000 miles?

Also, are you using your wipers during these rain storms?

Wow. I get almost an entire season out of my glass sealant.

Here are a few reasons why I think your Glass Sealant is wearing off too quickly:

1) Your glass wasn't contaminant-free when you applied your sealant

2) You are using your wipers

3) You aren't cleaning your windshield using Adam's Glass Cleaner on a regular basis

Reasons 1 and 2 are probably why the sealant seems to wear off quickly. Also, I apply G&G over top of my sealed glass, which seems to lengthen the product life.