Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam gun questions

hemi1300

Question

I have been using adams products for probably 5 or 6 years now, have every cleaning product they offer, master blaster and metrovac, along with a healthy supply of adams towels, but the only lacking product is the foam gun. Thinking about the purchase but can't decide. Few questions-some say it reduces the time required to do a full wash, how so? U still do a normal 2 bucket routine, correct? How long does the foam/canister solution last, I would assume u would be able to foam at least one large sized vehicle without having to stop and refill? When foaming the vehicle, do u foam the entire car/truck and then proceed with your wash routine, or foam certain sections at a time so the foam doesn't settle and dry by the time u get to it with your wash media?

6 answers to this question

It really does not save me much time if any. What I do find nice is it gets things soaking. Mostly the roof that is hard to reach on our SUVs.

I could foam both our vehicles with one of the new canisters.   Have your bucket ready, foam the entire vehicle and then follow with your normal wash routine.

Agreed that it doesn't save much time (at least for me). But what it DOES do is losen up all the dirt and salt and grime so that it's a lot easier to wash.  Saves my back and shoulders.  It really helps with the wheels.  

I found while it didn't really save me time, it usually results in a better cleaning experience. You have so much extra lubrication, I've moved the wash pads around with just 2 fingers pinching the pad. It's also, just a lot of fun to use.

I didn't start knocking real time off of my car washing routine until I got a pressure washer and foam cannon. I've since knocked even more time off with the master blaster.

I give the car a good foam and then re-foam periodically while washing the car. I try to make sure every part of the car, either washed or not yet washed is always covered in suds until I'm ready to give it a final rinse. Keeps water spotting to a minimum.