Customer Service 866.965.0400

Master Blaster Buyers Remorse....

stripesace

Question

Remorseful that I didn't have an opportunity to own one sooner.... I think I heard the leaf blower and Sidekick cry a little tonight.

That thing is as much fun as it is efficient.

The first switch is like "wow that's incredible..." the second switch invokes maniacal laughing, and ear to ear grinning. 

23 answers to this question

Besides drying cars....

I bought extra hose - another 60'- this allows me to have the MB mounted to the wall. I also put it on its own circuit with a 20 amp breaker. The MB clears my side walk, garage floor, and porch as well as getting debris from the A/C unit. I have a smaller Metropolitan company blower that I use to groom my dog.

Edited by gymrat7953

I have one on my wishlist but not at the top of list.

I have filtered compressed air on tap all the time. How much better do these work than compressed air?  I have a 4' blow gun with rubber tip that is real handy but always looking to improve. 

If I go this route it would be a permanent wall mount setup.

Bought it and it's in my garage... I bought in late November and have not had a chance to use it yet.  The last time I washed my car, I figured it needed some protection so i used some GG while drying.  Probably have to do the same thing next time.. but once it warms up and I'm in more of a rhythm I'll start using it on maintenance washes.  My Brother in Law is going to come over and run a new 20 amp dedicated circuit for it soon.

I have one on my wishlist but not at the top of list.

I have filtered compressed air on tap all the time. How much better do these work than compressed air?  I have a 4' blow gun with rubber tip that is real handy but always looking to improve. 

If I go this route it would be a permanent wall mount setup.

Rich, I too have compressed filtered air at my disposal. The Master Blaster is a completely different animal and better suited for the job. The compressed air with a blow gun is too powerful if gotten too close to electrical components under the hood or near any clear coat failure or deep chips; you can remove paint (ask me how I know).

The Master Blaster is two speed; either 4 or 8 horsepower of warm filtered air. It has a much broader broadcast of air than the blow gun attachment to your air compressor to better blow water from a vehicle.

I've got no intention of mounting mine to the garage wall. The Blaster is on castered wheels and moves effortlessly around the vehicle connected to an extension cord. I'd think the extra length of hose needed if it was mounted to the wall would get obnoxious.

Edited by BRZN

Hey thanks for the info.  I will probably buy one but its going to have to be wall mounted. I have a ton of tools in my garage/shop and just don't want or have room for more stuff sitting around.  One thing I know about myself is if I dont have things easily accessible it doesn't get used. It need to be right there, easy to use, easy to put away. 

I will probably go for the extra hose so I can use it for shop cleaning duties and just make a hanger on the wall and pull off what I need.  

I will probably eventually mount mine but from a storage perspective and not a use perspective. I also need to make a beefy extension cord to get from my 20A outlet to garage door. I will say though, with the 30' hose I had enough hose to get all the way to the front of the car and and then some, and I was pulled a further out from the garage than I usually do.

Cameron, 

I was where you were. I had a 37.00 leaf blower that did pretty good job, and a sidekick to get the finer areas and finish off other areas. But I've been planning to get a Master Blaster. I was on the fence all the way up until I decided to get it. I was down to the Blaster (B3-CD that is offered) or the Master Blaster. I've used the Master Blaster both with 1 motor and 2 motors engaged. 1 Motor engaged would be similar to the B3-CD experience (single 4 hp twin blade motor) and its VERY effective, however, that 2nd motor really does make all of the difference in the world. Not to mention the warm air really helps. The only towels that touch my car the other night were the edge-less gray's that I use for H2O Guard and Gloss application. I did not need a drying towel. My entire car was dried with the Master Blaster in about half the amount of time it takes with 2 great whites and some detail spray. I got the same end result (a dry car...) and did it more efficiently. If you got the coin, you WON'T regret it. There is that much more efficiency over the leaf blower. 

Cameron, 

I was where you were. I had a 37.00 leaf blower that did pretty good job, and a sidekick to get the finer areas and finish off other areas. But I've been planning to get a Master Blaster. I was on the fence all the way up until I decided to get it. I was down to the Blaster (B3-CD that is offered) or the Master Blaster. I've used the Master Blaster both with 1 motor and 2 motors engaged. 1 Motor engaged would be similar to the B3-CD experience (single 4 hp twin blade motor) and its VERY effective, however, that 2nd motor really does make all of the difference in the world. Not to mention the warm air really helps. The only towels that touch my car the other night were the edge-less gray's that I use for H2O Guard and Gloss application. I did not need a drying towel. My entire car was dried with the Master Blaster in about half the amount of time it takes with 2 great whites and some detail spray. I got the same end result (a dry car...) and did it more efficiently. If you got the coin, you WON'T regret it. There is that much more efficiency over the leaf blower. 

Thank you, that was a great review and really helps me to know that this is a must have on my list...now just need to move it to the number one spot!

The title had me thinking I made a mistake.....I purchased one just around Christmas time, but haven't used it yet.  Been lazy lately. Look forward to getting out and washing the cars this week.

Loving mine. Took forever to use it as I needed / wanted to have a proper new circuit put in garage so I don't keep tripping the one that is in there. I don't ever just "dry" the car now. Why use a towel, when you can use forced hot air?