Customer Service 866.965.0400

Windshield issue

chops1sc

Question

On my wife's car I am having an issue with some sort of "stain" on the windshield.

36BF1F95-E3FA-4239-A3E7-1B349446C918.jpg

FD41160E-A630-4444-96CB-DB04C2207189.jpg

These pictures are after scraping with a razor, clay bar, IPA, GC, APC, even DWC! It does appear to be only in the area of where the wiper runs. I clean her wipers fairly regularly. The glass is "damp" in the pics and if I dry the glass off it "disappears" but never really goes away.

Any ideas?

Edited by chops1sc

14 answers to this question

Scrub the glass with a 0000 Steel Wool pad using Adam's Glass Cleaner as the lubricant. Wipe down with denatured alcohol.

Clean the wiper blades  after each car wash by wiping them using a paper towel dampened with windshield washer solvent.

Edited by BRZN

Im with Dave, Ever since using 0000 steel wool, if I cant take it off easily with glass cleaner or clay I just go to the steel wool and it had not let me down. I use detail spray as lubricant but have been tempted to try glass cleaner as Adam once said they were in the same family. 

On glass absolutely clay with glass cleaner. It's slick and glass is harder than paint so no issues.

Btw, if you have any Quick Sealant at home and are out of Glass Sealant, give it a whirl. It's an amazingly simple way to seal your glass and goes off as fast as it goes on, 100% streak free and durable protection. ????????

On glass absolutely clay with glass cleaner. It's slick and glass is harder than paint so no issues.

Btw, if you have any Quick Sealant at home and are out of Glass Sealant, give it a whirl. It's an amazingly simple way to seal your glass and goes off as fast as it goes on, 100% streak free and durable protection.

This is good advice. On glass, more friction = better. You could even clay with straight water. Let us know how things go!

At first I was using clay lube but it was drizzling a little and that provided enough moisture. One thing is for sure, this will be the cleanest windshield ever when I'm done, lol!

So I finally got around to working on the windshield. I polished it with some M105 and a yellow pad (one level under orange I believe) and I couldn't find any trace of the stains anymore.

2E1C6B86-A2F1-4C2E-AFD5-172AA7B206D2.jpg

I then hit it with IPA and topped it off with Adam's Glass Sealant! I tried to embed this little video but I couldn't make it work.

http://vid159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/chops1sc/Detailing/6FF2A9FD-7EF8-49BB-A22A-AF74EAC05AA6.mp4

Now I just need to do the same to the driver's window. I noticed the same problem on it as well.

Edited by chops1sc

*UPDATE*

I noticed I can see streaks where I applied the Glass Sealant. I can only see it while its raining though. I'll try to get a pic next time I see it. I followed the directions on the bottle and everything. Any ideas?