Customer Service 866.965.0400

And they wonder why men die first!!

BrianT

Question

Wash, clayed, corrected and sealed both the GC and the Durango this weekend. Here is the conversation I had with the wife...

Me: Amy, come over and feel how smooth the paint feels.

Amy: wow, that's smooth!

Me: yea, it takes a lot of time and work to get it like this.

Amy: wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just take it to the drive-thru car wash?

Me: ummm, yea, I guess but is the paint this smooth and clear after you get from Urban Auto Spa?

Amy: No, but does it really matter??

Me: SERIOUSLY!?!?

Unreal! Hours and hours to get these SUV's back to normal!

5 answers to this question

My wife thinks/knows I'm crazy, but it has bailed her out plenty of times.

- She has a pair of white canvas shoes (similar to Chuck's or boat shoes), and they had some stains on them.  She threw them in the wash with a bunch of bleach and they still didn't come out clean.  I came back with some APC and a stiff brush......voila!  Brand new!

- Daughter got a new softball glove and it was just a lil too stiff for her liking.  3oz. of Leather Conditioner later and that glove fits like she's had it for years!

- Our fridge has chalkboard paint on it because "someone" thought it would be cute for the kids to play with it.  Horrible idea.  Have you ever seen a clean chalkboard in your life?!?  But, Rinsless Wash and a MF makes that the best looking appliance in the kitchen.....and it's only 3 years old!

Point is, I understand your pain.  The only thing that saves me is that I let her use anything she wants to clean whatever she wants.  And when I tell her how the products in  my shopping cart can be used around the house, I usually can get the quick green light!  Mystery boxes are still justified when I relate my savings to her savings when she buys the kids new clothes.  I always hear "But I saved 50% on everything that I bought!"  I used to tell her she shouldn't have bought half the stuff she came home with, but since I learned to keep my mouth shut I know have quite the impressive detailing setup!  Which of course I NEED!!!!!

Edited by sahls01gmc

My wife was raised in a household that *truly* looked at cars as appliances, a means of conveyance - like an escalator. Of course they maintained the vehicles mechanically. But in their household the car's paint was something you washed with the garden hose and an old washrag.

I have always tried to maintain my vehicles but only in the last few years was I introduced to Adam's and some actual knowledge about how to do things correctly. The bug bit me hard and my wife has come to realize this is an addiction I am hopelessly lost to. She accepts what this obsession has become and even encourages it (Rupes Bigfoot bag for my polisher as a Father's Day gift).

I think she understands why I do it, and she gets a clean car to drive in the meantime. Win/Win!