Customer Service 866.965.0400

In Over My Head

zw470

Back in 2012 I installed the stripes on my Charger.

20130601_165633-1_zpsd9616600.jpg

I took my time and with the exception of one small piece on the back of the deck lid they turned out perfect. With that in mind I decided I could install the '13 Boss 302 style stripes I ordered from Big Worm Graphix on my Mustang.

64BE9E0A-6EE7-404D-81A3-9308AE02DE2F_zps

Anybody know a good vinyl guy?

Yeah, first thing tomorrow I'm gonna tape everything out on the car and see what I think. I'm thinking once the hood section is in place it will be simple to line up the rest as long as I take my time. The kit did come with good instructions and a nice squeegee.

I saw do it yourself. Use lots of soapy water

And like everyone else has said, take your time. One more thing, from experience, wait until you are finished to open the beer. Or you will have to start over once the new decals get there.

You can do it.  Years back, my wife and I installed a full set of the checkered graphics on our 02 Monte Carlo SS.  We had never done anything like it before other than the two thin stripes we put on the hood of our Vette.

Take lots of measurements as you put them on, use LOTS of soapy water so  you can move them easily, and if there are breaks where you can cut them, rather than try one long piece, do it.  It takes patience and time, but it's doable.

And ask a friend to help, things like that are much easier with 2 sets of eyes

I agree with this on 1 condition, your friend has a serious case of OCD when it comes to his car! Your level of perfection is gonna be a lot different then someone else's.

Stripes are on. Took me about 5 hours. There's 2 little wrinkles on the center hood piece from where I squeegeed out big bubbles. I'm going to talk to the company I bought them from and see if they have any suggestions or just want to sell me a new piece. Other than they came out flawless. I almost bought them in white but I'm glad I went with matte black. 

AEA4246D-64E6-4200-8C4D-7A3A052A2797_zps

9FEEAE8A-1911-4F97-BFDB-25F78EB5F100_zps

It looks like it turned out well.  You sound like me when it comes to issues.  Most probably wouldn't notice, but if you know it is there it will bug you until it is fixed.  I have really tried hard to not be so OCD with things as I have aged.  

I work in the sign industry and apply vinyl every day.Have to say awesome job!If the wrinkles are from trapped liquid you can prick it with something sharp like the tip of an exacto blade(don't cut) and work out the liquid and work the material down with a heat gun.Not too hot there's a fine line between fixing and doing damage.If the vinyl is stuck to itself there's not much you can do.If you decide to try something be careful there is always a good chance that you could make it worse. If you can live with it I would recommend leaving it alone and enjoy it.

Again nice job!

The wrinkles are from 2 large water bubbles. I got the bubbles out, but think I squeegeed them too hard and it bunched up the vinyl. A couple guys from work were checking out my car in our hotel parking lot and they said they didn't even notice them. Of course since I know they're there they might as well be 4' long LOL.

Here's a side-shot

076153AF-2C4F-4CD4-A1D9-68CE300D12D8_zps

Thanks for the kind words!!!