Customer Service 866.965.0400

Get Americana or wait on a possible PATRIOTIC return

jakerodz7

Question

Happy Monday Guys!

I just had a quick question for anyone willing to answer.  "Paste style" waxes have a special place in my heart as I always used those growing up when helping my dad wax our old cars.  I have used other brand paste waxes but have never really been overly satisfied with the results.  Having said this, I keep going back and forth from buying some Americana to step it up a bit from buttery wax.  I was wondering if i should go ahead and pull the trigger on a tub of Americana or wait and see if a Patriotic return  ;) is in the works and will be a better investment for my money? 

Appreciate your guys' suggestions on this!  :help:

13 answers to this question

I've never used Patriot, but Americana is pretty much all I use.  To me, it's the best wax on the market.  I honestly don't know what the difference is between the two, but I do remember when I bought my last container of Americana, the Patriot wax was a lot more expensive. 

I have used several tubs of Americana and have ALWAYS loved it. Last time Patriot was on sale I "upgraded". It was fantastic as well but I didn't see a whole lot of difference on my red "weekender".

I'll be going back to Americana when it's time to buy again. The new formula (which I haven't tried yet) should be even BETTER.

What are you using it on?  Americana might be a better choice anyway.

Rich,

I will be using it on my daily a 08 galactic gray mica scion tc, as well as my brother in laws black F150 and dad's nautical blue Tundra.  The F-150 is his daily as well and the Tundra is my old man's weekend cruiser/garage queen.  Not sure if the colors matter so I just threw them in there. 

I've never used Patriot, but Americana is pretty much all I use.  To me, it's the best wax on the market.  I honestly don't know what the difference is between the two, but I do remember when I bought my last container of Americana, the Patriot wax was a lot more expensive. 

Nathan,

I remember seeing the difference in price as well way back when, when Patriot was being sold as well.  It seems to Americana is loved by everyone who has tried it. Thanks for your input!  :2thumbs:

americana...new formula is great!  easy on and now especially easy off (compared to old formula)

Jeff,

I did see that in the video Adam posted about it, it's looking like Americana is getting the majority vote for sure. Thank you for your input!  :thumbsup:

Americana is an awesome wax, you won't be disappointed.  Patriot is for show cars.

Tim, I did read that on a old forum post.  I used a show car wax from a competitor before and while the shine was good, I didn't like the longevity of it.  I was definitely expecting more from something in that price range. Thank you for the input! :thumbsup:

I have used several tubs of Americana and have ALWAYS loved it. Last time Patriot was on sale I "upgraded". It was fantastic as well but I didn't see a whole lot of difference on my red "weekender".

I'll be going back to Americana when it's time to buy again. The new formula (which I haven't tried yet) should be even BETTER.

Roger,

Thank you for sharing your experience since you've tried both.  If you loved the old formula then I am thinking I should definitely stick with Americana.  Especially if you could not really tell a big difference between both. Thanks for sharing brother!  :2thumbs:

I think 95% of the time the Americana is the best choice as its last longer. I am using Patriot now but probably switch to Americana when the time comes because of longevity. All the vehicles I do are daily drivers except my garage queen which is silver and not a big challenge for wax.

Just to be clear -  Patriot was definately "better" than Americana as far as application and removal. It removed A LOT easier than Americana and went on like butter.

I couldn't tell any difference in the "appearance" afterwards. But I rarely can. If it looks GOOD my eyes are happy.

I understand the new Americana formula is greatly improved in the application and removal area but I can't believe it could be as good or better than Patriot in that regard.

I think 95% of the time the Americana is the best choice as its last longer. I am using Patriot now but probably switch to Americana when the time comes because of longevity. All the vehicles I do are daily drivers except my garage queen which is silver and not a big challenge for wax.

Rich,

yes I actually do want something with some good longevity to it that I can then maintain with g&g or even buttery wax. Thanks again brother!

Just to be clear -  Patriot was definately "better" than Americana as far as application and removal. It removed A LOT easier than Americana and went on like butter.

I couldn't tell any difference in the "appearance" afterwards. But I rarely can. If it looks GOOD my eyes are happy.

I understand the new Americana formula is greatly improved in the application and removal area but I can't believe it could be as good or better than Patriot in that regard.

Roger,

got it, yes i guess I am not super picky as long it looks good, just like you. It does seem to be that the new version of Americana resolves the application issue so i think I am going to add one to my next order and give it a go! Thanks again brother!

Get the NEW Americana. I almost prefer it to the Patriot. Works as well, EASY to use, and lasts.  Huge difference from the old formula of Americana.  You won't be disappointed. 

Rich #2 haha :)

It seems to be that the old version was more of a pain application wise but now that it is no longer the case with the new formula I will soon be the owner of a tub of Americana. Thank you for your help and input!  :thumbsup:

I think the new Americana looks equal to Patriot on light colors and reds, I haven't reached for Patriot in awhile. For no other reason than I just like using Americana at the moment