Customer Service 866.965.0400

Liquid paint sealant

Ignitedflare

Question

Hello guys! New member here but I've been using Adam's products for a month or so

I has a question about the LPS. I applied it following the instructions in the bottle and I noticed the surface of the paint was very slick to the touch. However, a couple weeks later, it wasn't nearly as slick anymore. I washed the truck weekly during that period. My question is, does this mean the LPS is already wearing out? Or is that normal? I just want the best protection for my truck. Any input would be greatly appreciated

16 answers to this question

If I was to guess over time fallout bonds to the paint making it not as smooth. This is why we clay vehicles of course but even in a short time depending on the environment your in a small amount can make a difference. As long as you are getting nice beading it is still working, I have been going for 7 months now since I applied and it's great to this day. I do top with patriot or americana wax bimonthly and use h20g&g every few maintence washes which are rinseless washes. In 7 months I have yet to grab the nose to wash the vehicle, if it's very dirty i hit the local coin op and use the pressure washer for 1.25 and knock the major junk off then go home and do my usual rinseless routine. I wash and protect the car in 15-20 mins now I have a system down.

I would agree some contamination got in there and is making it rough feeling. PS is a great product but I always go over it with something else for some shine and added protection. You can do the baggie test after a wash to see how bad it really is. 

H2O is a great option easy to use and a bunch of protection and some good shine. 

Buttery wax goes on easier IMO but doesnt last as long as the other options listed. 

Americana is a fantastic wax but takes a little more time than buttery but prob the best shine 

Patriot wax (When its available) is the best for shine out of a wax, but for quite a few it is not worth the cost. 

The OP is not saying that his surface is feeling rough, but that is is not as slick as when he first applied LPS.

Every few washes I hit mine with H2O G&G and that brings back the "slick" feeling that it had after the original application of LPS.  I also top mine with Buttery Wax every month and that keeps the car protected and looking good.

I have found out that H2O G&G goes hand in hand with LPS to help extend its life.

It is possible that you did strip the LPS off your vehicle, depending on what you used to wash it.  As Joel asked, what is your wash routine?

Thank you guys for the responses

I wash my truck using the two bucket method using the Car Shampoo. First wash was just wash and dry. Second wash I washed then applied H2O GG. I'm using a microfiber wash mitt to wash, and the Great White drying towel to dry. I wash the mitt and towel with Adam's revitalizer. My truck is always outside so it's always facing the elements, which includes extremely hot days here in Texas. Has anyone touched their vehicle a week or so after applying LPS or even H2O GG? Wouldn't claying the vehicle remove the LPS? It's only been few weeks since I clayed it. Thanks guys

I think being park outside causes it to be rough. I did my ride couple months ago and it is still slick but my ride is always garaged. But my friends ride which i did a month ago is already rough to the touch after two weeks but he's parked outside with all the contaminants and it's being baked under the sun but after washing and h20 the slick comes back.

I followed all the steps your supposed to when I applied LPS to my truck which is also an outdoor truck and it does not feel as smooth after about 5 weeks even with a coat of buttery wax applied 2 weeks after the LPS. I wash my truck every couple of days with Adams products to make sure contaminates are not building up. I live in California and the weather can be hot at times... I will try another time or two since I have quite a bit of product left still. If I get the same results i'll probably have to switch to a different brand. Water does still bead up a bit when washing but definently doesnt just fall off like it did... 

I followed all the steps your supposed to when I applied LPS to my truck which is also an outdoor truck and it does not feel as smooth after about 5 weeks even with a coat of buttery wax applied 2 weeks after the LPS. I wash my truck every couple of days with Adams products to make sure contaminates are not building up. I live in California and the weather can be hot at times... I will try another time or two since I have quite a bit of product left still. If I get the same results i'll probably have to switch to a different brand. Water does still bead up a bit when washing but definently doesnt just fall off like it did...

Cali can be tough on a vehicles paint, yall are getting creamed with all the fires so there is a lot of garbage floating around from that if your anywhere close. Did you polish prior to the Lps or just clay? I have hit the 7 month mark and the paint is still smooth with the Baggie test. I im tn and parked outside, it's been miserable hot and humid with tons of rain for 2 months solid now as well. Although it doesn't sheet and bead like it did on day 1 I can't complain with the longevity as it still beads so I know there's still protection left

I think a lot of it comes down to where you live, region in that area and where the vehicle is stored during the day and night. I live in Socal, Orange County and am about 5 miles east of the beach. I work basically at the coast everyday. My vehicles are outside 24/7, during the day in direct sun.  At night there is a light ocean breeze(damp), andmy neighbor has a tone of trees that drop pollen, sap and those little red sticky needle things. In the morning I usually have dew on the car and dont pay much attention to it. I wash my cars every weekend, and at that time I can see the volume of junk that has built up on my paint.  I can clay,polish,seal and pray to the heavens that it will be smooth as a new piece of glass, but thats probably not going to last more than a month or two. 

I think we need to take into account that not every product works for everybody, in every situation. Just because it works flawlessly for Bob next door, it may not work perfectly for me. Same goes for all the techniques when apply the products. Sometimes it takes a few goes at it to get it working right. 

Its just something we have to deal with living in our areas, just like traffic, price of gas and high property taxes. 

I did a strip, clay, correct polish, finish polish, and seal today. Really wanted to finish w Americana but ran out of time and it was hot and very humid.

There's no problem w washing next weekend or the following and putting a coat of Americana on, is there? I planned on doing it all at once. I'm wondering if it is okay to spread out the work a little bit.

Will I need to clay bar it again before applying the wax? Or just a good shampoo wash?

No, because the clay could remove some of the sealant. Clay is only used if the paint feels rough. This rough feeling means there are bonded contaminates on the paint that are not getting removed by washing, so the clay is only used as needed to get this contamination off.