Customer Service 866.965.0400

New glasses towels streaking

hemi1300

Question

Bought the new glass towels a few weeks ago. Thought I was happy with them, but the last few times I have used them I always have streaks on the glass in the bright sun. Think I will stick with the old glass towels, never notice streaks after with them

21 answers to this question

You HAVE to wash them first. I had the same problem as you. Made my windows a streaky mess.  Washed them and have had no issues since.  

:iagree:   Wash the towels PRIOR to using them with Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer will eliminate any streaking issues

Bought the new glass towels a few weeks ago. Thought I was happy with them, but the last few times I have used them I always have streaks on the glass in the bright sun. Think I will stick with the old glass towels, never notice streaks after with them

I would try to avoid cleaning windows under high sun.  Maybe try in the early morning or late in the evening when the sun is going down. It may help. 

I would try to avoid cleaning windows under high sun. Maybe try in the early morning or late in the evening when the sun is going down. It may help.

My wording was wrong, I always clean my windows in the garage or early morning when the sun isn't up yet, and just meant that when I pulled my truck out in the sun I have streaks

When using in the hot sun, spray your window cleaner directly on the towel and not the window, this helps and works for me in the Califonia hot sun.

Edited by ocdrifter

I am having so many problems with the glass towels that it actually makes me mad i bought them. Always won't glide smoothly on the glass, always leaves dozens and dozens of lint spots all over! Very distatisfied and I don't know why this is happening. Help!

I am having so many problems with the glass towels that it actually makes me mad i bought them. Always won't glide smoothly on the glass, always leaves dozens and dozens of lint spots all over! Very distatisfied and I don't know why this is happening. Help!

Check out this excellent post on why towels grab and lint on some glass:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31437-new-glass-towels/?p=495859