Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning the Applicators

Mariner

Question

10 answers to this question

i use APC. My tire applicator I just lightly clean as it is nearly impossible to clean fully when it absorbs VRT.

My Americana applicators I soak for several hours. Then let it dry and soak it again if it still has wax (I fine it dust after awhile depending on how deep the wax got).

My other applicators clean no problem, glaze, revive, buttery, etc. Some APC and water and then dry.

I think I'll clean a couple applicators with Dawn and then some with APC just to see what works best for me. Dawn would be great just to save some product, but I have some pretty saturated applicators that need some TLC.

i use APC. My tire applicator I just lightly clean as it is nearly impossible to clean fully when it absorbs VRT.

My Americana applicators I soak for several hours. Then let it dry and soak it again if it still has wax (I fine it dust after awhile depending on how deep the wax got).

My other applicators clean no problem, glaze, revive, buttery, etc. Some APC and water and then dry.

Try the MFR dilution I listed. It will get several applications of VRT out of a block sponge that APC won't get. I've had one block in my shelf a year now and besides being stained it keeps cleaning up just fine.

You have to "squeeze the goo" out with paper towels after cleaning (if you've cleaned tire applicators you know what I mean) but it will come out great

I have several applicators delegated to specific jobs, Tire Shine applicator, VRT applicator, Buttery Wax applicator, so on and so forth.

How do you guys clean them? APC?

Thanks for any advice!

Tire Shine, VRT....don't waste product trying to clean them. One for VRT, One for shine. When finished, I just fold a paper towel over and blot them until the black diseappers on the towel and store them. After all, the product is meant to be somewhat durable, so why fight it.

Wax/Polish applicator, a few spritz of any APC or dawn, a terry towel and bucket with clean water. Spray the pad face, work in and rinse in the bucket...use the terry towel to wipe away the polish, works great.

2nd what Jerome said, just let them soak for a bit in a bucket of water with a few OZ of APC and they will come clean. If you know your doing a full session, prep the bucket ahead of time and just throw them in as you go.

Edited by 07RS4