Customer Service 866.965.0400

How cold is too cold?

Mytundra

Question

What's up guys sorry that I'm posting so many threads but I started polishing my truck today and wasn't getting real far because build up I had in my pads from doing my car a few days ago. So I rinsed them out and I am letting them air dry question is how cold is too cold to polish car while outside? Temperature is it supposed to be dropping here and will be in the low forties I believe the rest of the week

6 answers to this question

Yep, what Dave said :) I've done machine polishing in my garage when it was 0 degrees F outside and about 45 F inside the garage, wasn't super fun and I wore a hoodie and tried to keep my hands warm, but I was able to do the job. Now I have a small space heater that brings the temperature up to a more bearable range  :lol:

I personally do not wash/detail if it's below 40F. Now, I'm in South Carolina so that to us is just as bad as freezing, LOL! I know people in the north have a rougher winter than we do down here but it is what it is. If you have the ability to work in a garage I would highly recommend heating it up.