Customer Service 866.965.0400

so how long does brilliant glaze last.

01redcrew

Question

Hello all,

I have been thinking about trying some brilliant glaze to give my truck a nice shine between washes. I also have the h20 GG and i havent maned up yet and used it lol. My truck gets professional detailed twice a year so not looking for to much protection. I see the brilliant glaze doesnt protect, but i was wondering how long it held the shine for? Thanks Brad

15 answers to this question

Hi Brad, Brilliant Glaze is one of my favorite products in our lineup because of its ease of use and ability to apply often without any layering issues. I use it on paint, chrome, and exterior glass - it gives a real nice clarity to glass - and has helped me win several trophies at shows...shhh, don't tell the judges that!

I like to describe it as almost like makeup. It's a temporary product that will wear off after a few washes or rainstorms, but as Daniel mentioned, it's incredibly easy to apply and remove. It hazes up in 30 seconds to a minute and then wipes off with nearly zero pressure from your plush microfiber towel!

thanks guys my truck is no street queen since i work on a farm. But in the summer months i try to hand wash it once a week. It doesnt stay clean long but when its clean i like for it to pop. Its a sterling gray f250 so to me thats kind of a hard color to get a really nice pop out of. So i was looking into adding the brilliant glaze or manning up and trying the h20 GG

HGG will give you a longer lasting protection, albeit with less "wow" factor than the BG. It does still give a pretty sweet shine, though. We have a dark grey Xterra, and it pops with the HGG. It's also easy to apply, especially since you don't need to dry the car first. Plus, it smells awesome! Another thought is add BG on top of the HGG when you really want to show off...otherwise, HGG by itself is great. One of my favorites. Now, man up!!!

I too am curious on how long BG lasts. 

For a "Special Day Driver" that is stored in the winter, used for a few thousand miles a year, and seldom sees rain, how long will BG last? If no rain, does it last a few days , a week, up to a month? Or is longevity measured in the number of washings it can tolerate?  

thanks guys my truck is no street queen since i work on a farm. But in the summer months i try to hand wash it once a week. It doesnt stay clean long but when its clean i like for it to pop. Its a sterling gray f250 so to me thats kind of a hard color to get a really nice pop out of. So i was looking into adding the brilliant glaze or manning up and trying the h20 GG

I agree on the grey being hard to get it to pop. I use H20 every month or so. When I'm all caught up on washes and other detailing thing I like to "play" with the Brilliant Glaze. The gloss is amazing, last for a week or so until it's dirty and washed again. Day one it will knock your socks off... day three four five... ehhh. Just fun to see how shinny you can make it. Also I say play because you can put it on everything and wipe it down with NO effort. Just something to do...

post-14986-0-67523400-1484290733_thumb.jpg

HGG will give you a longer lasting protection, albeit with less "wow" factor than the BG. It does still give a pretty sweet shine, though. We have a dark grey Xterra, and it pops with the HGG. It's also easy to apply, especially since you don't need to dry the car first. Plus, it smells awesome! Another thought is add BG on top of the HGG when you really want to show off...otherwise, HGG by itself is great. One of my favorites. Now, man up!!!

Wash, clay, wash,correct, finishing polish,sealer, Americana wax, glaze...all using the SK except for the wax. Here's the questions...

1. Is this overkill? Can any steps be eliminated? It's a 2016 Porsche Macan Metallic Black DD. Garaged

2. Is this the correct order?

3. I've seen some video where a quick spritz of detailed on the SK pad is recommended each time I put product on the pad...yes, no, all products or just some?

4. Will the glaze still do its magic when layered like this?

The next 3-4 washes are...

Wash, dry with H2OG&G, Glaze

Next wash...same as above but wax before glaze

Is this a solid "Keep it looking awesome" plan?

Wash, clay, wash,correct, finishing polish,sealer, Americana wax, glaze...all using the SK except for the wax. Here's the questions...

1. Is this overkill? Can any steps be eliminated? It's a 2016 Porsche Macan Metallic Black DD. Garaged

3. I've seen some video where a quick spritz of detailed on the SK pad is recommended each time I put product on the pad...yes, no, all products or just some?

1. It depends. You may be able to skip the polishing portion. It depends on your paint. This could be true of skipping one step of polish or both.

2. I'd go "...seal, glaze and wax." The wax can help hold the glaze in a bit. I always use a wax as my last step.

3. You don't need detail spray every time. I only use detail spray to prime the pads when they're dry and haven't been used for the day yet.

4. It will still work, but might not last. It's not a long lasting product to begin with and you're not protecting it with anything. See above on an order that may help you a little. It still won't be exceptionally long lasting.

There's no need to use H2O GG on every wash. Especially if the paint is sealed to begin with. Wash and dry with detail spray. Apply glaze as needed for visual effect. If you wash regularly and dry with detail spray, you may not feel obligated to glaze as often.

If you apply BG under you PS or Wax it will make it last, like mentioned if you apply it over it will wash off.

The great thing about BG is you could apply every weekend if you like because it won't build up like wax will.

Or you could apply a coat of BG followed by PS, then you could maintain your PS with H20 G&G.

I'd skip the second wash after claying, it's not necessarily. You can also skip polishing if you don't need to. You also don't need to apply glaze or H20 G&G after every wash, try using detail spray as a drying agent, it works great too!

I would recommend to put he sealant down first, then glaze, then wax. If you do this, the glaze will last as long as the wax. If you just put wax on the top it will last about 2 weeks.

If you apply BG under you PS or Wax it will make it last, like mentioned if you apply it over it will wash off.

Chris, how long would you estimate BG will last under PS (or wax) compared to BG as a last step? Assume the vehicle is not a daily driver, is garage kept and is typically driven only in good weather,

Thanks!

Chris, how long would you estimate BG will last under PS (or wax) compared to BG as a last step? Assume the vehicle is not a daily driver, is garage kept and is typically driven only in good weather,

Thanks!

You that would be hard to say, I do know that it will last way longer than BG as a last step.

I'd skip the second wash after claying, it's not necessarily. You can also skip polishing if you don't need to. You also don't need to apply glaze or H20 G&G after every wash, try using detail spray as a drying agent, it works great too!

I would recommend to put he sealant down first, then glaze, then wax. If you do this, the glaze will last as long as the wax. If you just put wax on the top it will last about 2 weeks.

Though the car is relatively new, it's been a tough winter.  Quite a few times, after a "wet" drive, I've sprayed it down with Detail spray then dried it off with several plush micro towels.  As careful as I am, I still see some surface scratching.  Living in New York city and in a parking garage, a full wash isn't an option, and I won't let the garage do it for obvious reasons.

Edited by slalom38