Customer Service 866.965.0400

Patriot vs Americana

Chadley

Question

Can some please explain to me the differences / advantage of these two wax. I have watched videos but have yet to figure out the difference and when how to choose one over the other.

Thanks in advance for your help!

22 answers to this question

Other than the obvious cost difference the only difference I have noticed is the ease of application. I have not used the NEW Americana (blue) yet but I noticed when I went from Americana to Patriot the wax went on just a bit smoother and buffed off just a bit easier.  I never had ANY complaint with Americana - it's great - but Patriot was just a little better in that regard.

Some will tell you that they can see a difference visually between the two but I honestly can't tell the difference. Some will also tell you that Americana will last a little longer but I never let my wax get to the end of it's lifespan anyway.

After my pot of Patriot is gone I'm going back to the new Americana - quite a bit cheaper and good enough for me.

I've used both and haven't really noticed any difference in shine or durability. Unfortunately for Adam's I've found a third party paste was that beats them both for ease of application, removal, shine (of course this depends on the prep work of clay and polishing) and (we'll see) the durability :( . Can't say who, but I'll use up my remaining Americana and Patriot and permanently switch.

Edited by Geebee

I thought that the Patriot wax was suppose to be more of a show car/concours wax and actually does not hold up to the sun as well as Americana but I could be wrong.

The Patriot wax is more of a concourse wax. The durability is about 2 months. It does produce a great shine. The Americana Wax will produce a good shine and last maybe a month or two longer. Both of them are great waxes. A little on the pricey side.

I thought that the Patriot wax was suppose to be more of a show car/concours wax and actually does not hold up to the sun as well as Americana but I could be wrong.

It is infused with silica like the coatings so it is stronger.

This is for my DD and I have done the paint correction and used RHP and H2O GG and Brilliant glaze, but I'm just not getting the water to repell as much as I'd like and was thinking I need a better wax. If Americana last longer I think I'll give that a try.

They're both incredible waxes. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that having "Patriot" is a bit more of a loyalty or status thing, like folk that want the "best" for their garage queens.

But for the weekend warrior who wants a fantastic wax at a much lower price point, the Americana is a sure winner.

I had both cans of the older formula, and ended up giving them both away. 

This is for my DD and I have done the paint correction and used RHP and H2O GG and Brilliant glaze, but I'm just not getting the water to repell as much as I'd like and was thinking I need a better wax. If Americana last longer I think I'll give that a try.

For a DD, you may consider PS as your base instead of the HGG or wax, then add Americana/Patriot wax and/or glaze as a topper. The PS will last a lot longer than either of the waxes as far as durability, and HGG will give it the boost and added shine it needs along the way. Water beeds up great, too. For even more info, if you haven't already, check out the thread on waxes vs. selants, http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27631-faq-should-i-use-wax-or-sealant-on-my-car/.

When I did the paint correction I used correcting polish, finish polish, Revive hand wax, LPS, then brilliant glaze. After my next wash I simply used H2OGG. I'm just not getting the water to bead as well as I see it in the videos.

When I did the paint correction I used correcting polish, finish polish, Revive hand wax, LPS, then brilliant glaze. After my next wash I simply used H2OGG. I'm just not getting the water to bead as well as I see it in the videos.

Can I asked why you used the revive hand wax?  If you used correction polish and finishing polish, you could have gone straight to the LPS and then applied a good wax like Americana or Patriot. 

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Can I asked why you used the revive hand wax?  If you used correction polish and finishing polish, you could have gone straight to the LPS and then applied a good wax like Americana or Patriot.

When I did the paint correction I used correcting polish, finish polish, Revive hand wax, LPS, then brilliant glaze. After my next wash I simply used H2OGG. I'm just not getting the water to bead as well as I see it in the videos.

I'm guessing you clayed the vehicle before correction?

This is LPS and H2O GG...great beads

post-14986-0-27624700-1492060137_thumb.jpeg

I did a post asking for help with the right products and order to use them since this was my first attempt at paint correction. After tons of input I used the following steps

Strip wash

clay bar with Chocolate mint Detail spray ( smelled great, but I like the original better)

wheels and wheel wells / Vrt & in-out spray

Correcting polish - Microfiber pad

Correcting polish - orange foam pad

Finishing polish - White foam pad

Alcohol wipe down - the shine after this was crazy, really impressed me!

Revive hand polish

LPS

Brilliant glaze

Don't get me wrong it looks greats, I just want the crazy beading like Ryan has in the picture above.

I did a post asking for help with the right products and order to use them since this was my first attempt at paint correction. After tons of input I used the following steps

Strip wash

clay bar with Chocolate mint Detail spray ( smelled great, but I like the original better)

wheels and wheel wells / Vrt & in-out spray

Correcting polish - Microfiber pad

Correcting polish - orange foam pad

Finishing polish - White foam pad

Alcohol wipe down - the shine after this was crazy, really impressed me!

Revive hand polish

LPS

Brilliant glaze

Don't get me wrong it looks greats, I just want the crazy beading like Ryan has in the picture above.

If you polish, RHP isn't necessary. It's more of a paint cleaner with extremely minor correcting ability, but you wiped down with alcohol so you would have been good. Try applying HGG your next wash, and that should give you great beads.

I would try an IPA wipe in between. I think this MIGHT be the source of the lack of shine.

Reason being, even though Revive is good at cleaning paint (actually better than good!), it can leave a residue on the paint that is close to invisible. After using Revive, use a nice white microfiber towel with IPA, do a thorough wipe, and the towel may very well have a blue tint when done.