Customer Service 866.965.0400

Merino Mitt Shedding

Nathan

Question

This has happened to me once before, and I am not sure what I’m doing wrong. The mitt has been used about 10 times, I clean via spraying it on the grit guard, and letting dry in the bucket, I don’t snag on the emblems, well maybe once, but I didn’t see any damage after. I only touch the mitt with a hose, no pressure washer, I pump soap on it and spray to make suds like normal, what is going wrong! I send an email to Ryan a while back and got a new one. Already sent an email to Ryan but I got an auto response that he won’t be back until the 11th. Anyone else having this issue?

post-15489-0-94774900-1499141809_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nathan

Damn Nathan take it easy on the sheep. I'm wondering since you didn't mention it, after your done using your mitt do you let it drip dry or do you wring it out, in my opinion you should wring it out and pull it out of the bucket so it can dry faster. Because the moisture can loosen the fibers. Let me know?

Hey Nathan, sorry Ryan is out this week on his honeymoon.

We have had a few of the Merino Wool Mitts begin to fail like this, so it seems like it might be a small batch that had manufacturing issues. If you send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com, we'll get you taken care of.

Since this is the second mitt that has given you this problem, I would probably recommend switching over to our Red Wash Mitt or the Microfiber Wash Sponge. I personally use and prefer them more over the merino mitt, but that is just my personal preference. Both are easier to clean out and maintain in my opinion.

Like everything else in life, nothing comes with a guarantee EXCEPT Adam's Polishes!!  You know you're covered 110%.  Sorry that happened, but at least since it's Adam's, you know you're covered with no hassle.  And Dan was honest letting you know that yours wasn't the first.  How's that for "up front" ?

Gotta love this company.  :rockon:

Damn Nathan take it easy on the sheep. I'm wondering since you didn't mention it, after your done using your mitt do you let it drip dry or do you wring it out, in my opinion you should wring it out and pull it out of the bucket so it can dry faster. Because the moisture can loosen the fibers. Let me know?

I wring it out.

We have had a few of the Merino Wool Mitts begin to fail like this, so it seems like it might be a small batch that had manufacturing issues. If you send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com, we'll get you taken care of.

Since this is the second mitt that has given you this problem, I would probably recommend switching over to our Red Wash Mitt or the Microfiber Wash Sponge. I personally use and prefer them more over the merino mitt, but that is just my personal preference. Both are easier to clean out and maintain in my opinion.

Awesome. I’ll send an email to you at dan@adams. I won’t be switching to the sponge but I might switch to the red mitt. I do really like the merino mitt though, one of my favorite products. Nice to know that I’m not the only one though.

That sponge is solid, I saw it and was like meh, doesn't look that awesome, got it in a mystery bucket, and have to say it's my go to now. Still have a non Adams microfiber mitt and Adams wash wedge, but really love the sponge.

I was the same about the microfiber sponge. When I first saw it, I thought it looked pretty good but nothing mind blowing...... Bought a couple and I love them, rotating them in my rinse bucket. Its like washing your car with s single soft towel and easy to maintain 

Dustin do you have the mitts that were the previous version? Were they any good, did they hold up well?

Dang I've never seen that before! I still have mitts from a year ago. Looks like you've been scrubbing barbed wire fences!

No response to my email yet. Understandable because you guys are busy since Ryan’s gone. Edited by Nathan

So Bianca gave me store credit and I ended up trying the red microfiber mitt. Though I probably will order another merino for the nice cars and use the red mitt for not-as-nice cars.

Does anyone like the red mitt? How does it work!

It's my favorite wash tool! I have two, one for wheels and one for paint. They hold soap and suds well, lather well, and have scrubbing power. I highly recommend the red mitt.

My worry is will the contaminants get trapped in the mitt well?

That's good to know, I'm gonna have to get me some, I was just wondering about this mitt the other day.

It's my favorite wash tool! I have two, one for wheels and one for paint. They hold soap and suds well, lather well, and have scrubbing power. I highly recommend the red mitt.

Remember when you told me I was crazy for brushing my mitts...welcome to the club! To avoid this issue I use one mitt for the bottom of the car and another mitt for the rest of the car.

Yeah, but what about how the merino mitt traps the dirt in the long fibers, does the microfiber have long fibers or where does it trap the dirt?

Remember when you told me I was crazy for brushing my mitts...welcome to the club! To avoid this issue I use one mitt for the bottom of the car and another mitt for the rest of the car.

I guess I will have to buy a brush! Lol

I probably will try a wash pad for the bottom and the red mitt for the top.

I love the Red Mitts as well, I actually have 4 or 5 because I like to do the 1 bucket multiple mitts wash method (hybrid garry dean method). I usually just throw them in the washing machine as I would any MF towel. 6 months or so and still going strong.

I don't have the merino mitt but I do have multiple regular wash mitts, and some have been around for a while.  For what it's worth, I take mine inside and put them on a hanger and let them drip into a bucket. I used to let them dry in the bucket but they tended to matted up faster.  I think the cool dry air and better circulation help the fibers stay normal.  This should work with any wash mitt.

I'll have to try the hanging method.

I don't have the merino mitt but I do have multiple regular wash mitts, and some have been around for a while.  For what it's worth, I take mine inside and put them on a hanger and let them drip into a bucket. I used to let them dry in the bucket but they tended to matted up faster.  I think the cool dry air and better circulation help the fibers stay normal.  This should work with any wash mitt.

I love the red wash mitts. my favorite wash media by far.

I'll have to try the hanging method.

I love the Red Mitts as well, I actually have 4 or 5 because I like to do the 1 bucket multiple mitts wash method (hybrid garry dean method). I usually just throw them in the washing machine as I would any MF towel. 6 months or so and still going strong.

Is it normal for the top middle of the inside of my red wash mitt to have some kind of sticking to hold the top and bottom together? It sticks out and seems abnormal.