Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from just down the street Greeley, CO

So first time buying Adam's products, and I've heard non stop hype and great things from the car community about their products. Expecting my mystery bucket on Friday and from the sounds of it, I'll be hooked on their products once I try them. Is there any particular product anyone recommends? I drive a 2015 Mitsubishi Evo with wicked white paint if that helps with suggestions. Paint is in pretty great condition with very minor minor micro swirls. I'd like to correct it to be even better and protect it for the life of the vehicle.

Welcome to the forums! 

As for what to use, thats really personal preference. Always need good washing supplies like soap, sponges, wheel cleaners, tire cleaner. Then to decide what and how you want to protect the car, or if you need to polish the car at all. If you just want to protect it, the easiest way to start is with H2O Guard and Gloss as its easy to use while you dry the car. You could also go for a wax such as buttery or stepping up to Americana, or even Patriot if you want the best of the best. You could also ceramic coat the car but thats up to you. Really the decision is yours and you can change it as you go to meet your new shine desires. 

Thanks for all the advice, as far as the Americans or the patriot wax, how big is the difference. I've also have been eyeing the ceramic paint kit after I polish out some of the minor paint swirls. How easy or hard is it too apply and how long does a Adam's ceramic kit last on the car realistically. And thanks for welcoming me.

36 minutes ago, Colorado_evo said:

...as far as the Americans or the patriot wax, how big is the difference. 

Americana is supposed to be a little more longer lasting, while Patriot is more for show cars.  For the show cars I work on, I apply Brilliant Glaze and top that with Americana, and am always pleased with the results.  Hopefully others that have used both will chime in.  

12 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

Americana is supposed to be a little more longer lasting, while Patriot is more for show cars.  For the show cars I work on, I apply Brilliant Glaze and top that with Americana, and am always pleased with the results.  Hopefully others that have used both will chime in.  

That sounds awesome. I didnt realize you could stack wax on top of the brilliant glaze. I was under the impression that the glaze was only for show cars when you needed that extra shine and pop, but wouldn't last long. That's good to know and glad I asked.

Welcome, Elias!

I also have a white car, and for it I'd recommend a PS and HGG combo. At least until you decide on coating. Wax will also add some protection, but it won't give quite the depth as on darker colored cars. Thus the reason I personally recommend the others. W&W works great on white, too. 

Suggest you read this for more on the products and then decide what you want to try.

17 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome, Elias!

I also have a white car, and for it I'd recommend a PS and HGG combo. At least until you decide on coating. Wax will also add some protection, but it won't give quite the depth as on darker colored cars. Thus the reason I personally recommend the others. W&W works great on white, too. 

Suggest you read this for more on the products and then decide what you want to try.

I wish I knew any of your acronyms lol. Can you help me out. I'm gonna give the faq a read though. Thank you.

H20 guard and gloss? And paint sealant? I think lol

Edit:you posted right before I did. Thank you for the insight.

Would you do anything different as far as application when stacking products? 

Edited by Colorado_evo

9 hours ago, Colorado_evo said:

H20 guard and gloss? And paint sealant? I think lol

Edit:you posted right before I did. Thank you for the insight.

Would you do anything different as far as application when stacking products? 

You got it! Sorry about that. Oz gave a good tip, and acronyms are also posted here.

For the order, PS first (should last at least 6 months on a daily), then use HGG every 3-4 washes to maintain. I personally don't use wax on my white car as the HGG lasts at least a month and offers outstanding shine and protection. But if you want to use it, no harm...just might not be necessary. Recommend you read the article I gave above as it also talks about layering. Then, try the options and see what you think. But the paint sealant, if used, should be first since it bonds best to bare paint (some use BG just before PS, but I don't).

Post some pics when you have it all Adamized!

37 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

You got it! Sorry about that. Oz gave a good tip, and acronyms are also posted here.

For the order, PS first (should last at least 6 months on a daily), then use HGG every 3-4 washes to maintain. I personally don't use wax on my white car as the HGG lasts at least a month and offers outstanding shine and protection. But if you want to use it, no harm...just might not be necessary. Recommend you read the article I gave above as it also talks about layering. Then, try the options and see what you think. But the paint sealant, if used, should be first since it bonds best to bare paint (some use BG just before PS, but I don't).

Post some pics when you have it all Adamized!

Would you think it would give better results if I used brilliant glaze before the paint sealant? Would it help hide very minor defects in the paint? Another question is would I have to wait for the glaze or paint sealant to setup before going to the next layer of product? Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it. I'm headed to Denver tomorrow to drop my wife off at the airport so I think I'm going to stop by Adam's and pick up what I need. Also thank you for the tips on care with a white car. The car already looks great but I want it to stand out even more.

Also. I'm going to reread that article to go over the layer.

Edit: So I read the layering section and I read about the BG, and it says it fills minor imperfections so that's good. Just wondering if layer the PS on top of the BG effects those filling properties. Thank you

Edited by Colorado_evo