Customer Service 866.965.0400

CS3 and streaking

HAMBO

Question

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying out CS3, but I cannot seem to get it to stop streaking. I apply and wipe with a WW towel, buff with a borderless grey, then take a quick walk around and notice streaks. Have tried a few times and seem to always get that result. 

I’m wondering if it might because my car is dark grey, and parked outside in SoCal all day since I haven’t been going to the office since March? Wondering whether the surface may be too hot and isn’t playing nice with the product. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

HAMBO 

9 answers to this question

A hot, or even overly warm panel would not be where I'd want to apply a Ceramic, or Ceramic infused product. Here's a trick I've been doing, and it's helped me considerable with both Ceramic Boost and CS3 application to minimize the chance of streaking;

Clean, cool panel, out of the sun.

Mist your Borderless Gray microfiber towel with one spray of water on both sides of the towel again, with just plain 'ole water. Scrunch the towel around in your hands to distribute the small amount of water.

Fold the towel into fourths, or half and just one spray of CS3, or Boost into the slightly dampened towel face and wipe just one panel.

Buff the product off with another clean, dry Borderless Gray microfiber towel.

Any product with SI02 has the tendency  to streak. I have had luck (working in garage) first using a WW MF while misting the panel with product then follow up with a MF Single soft.

If you still see any streaks mist your second Single soft and go over again.

I will have to try Dave's method as well.

Yes, for Hambo and anyone else, a slightly damp or damp towel method with water can aid in removal of CS3, Ceramic Boost, and even ceramic coatings. You do not want the towel dripping wet with water - just a few mists like Dave explained is enough to help out. 

Ceramic Boost and CS3 can be a little more tricky on darker colors like your dark grey Camaro, and sitting out in California sun is most likely making it a little more difficult to work with too. If you can, try to apply them in the shade, use the product sparingly, and work in smaller areas at a time, a quarter of the hood instead of half of the hood for instance. One full-pull trigger spray should be enough to wipe down a quarter of the hood if there is light dust, or a few sprays if there is a little more dirt build-up. SiO2 products like Ceramic Boost and CS3 do require more "working into" the surface than something like Detail Spray or Waterless Wash too, so you will have to wipe the product more than you are used to if you use Detail Spray a lot. 

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll give the damp towel method a try. Sounds like I'll most likely save the ceramic stuff for when there's a lot of shade or I find myself indoors. Thanks for the perspectives!

HAMBO

I just used the CS3 on the wife's can and it sits outside. It is also dark grey in color. I had zero issues. I used a WW towel and sprayed the car. Folded the towel in 4ths. I would wipe the product in then lightly mist the same spot again and wipe with a dry side. I would repeat with each section. Front, sides and back.

57 minutes ago, SS LeadFoot said:

I just used the CS3 on the wife's can and it sits outside. It is also dark grey in color. I had zero issues. I used a WW towel and sprayed the car. Folded the towel in 4ths. I would wipe the product in then lightly mist the same spot again and wipe with a dry side. I would repeat with each section. Front, sides and back.

Did she appreciate you using it on her can?  😆

1 hour ago, GXPaycheck said:

Did she appreciate you using it on her can?  😆

Haven't tried it on her can....yet? I am sure it would help me wax dat a$$ though. She could car less if her car was clean. The only thing she likes is the glass sealant and interior detailer smell. 

On 5/18/2020 at 3:24 PM, HAMBO said:

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll give the damp towel method a try. Sounds like I'll most likely save the ceramic stuff for when there's a lot of shade or I find myself indoors. Thanks for the perspectives!

HAMBO

I used CS3 in full sun as a drying aid.  It was about mid to low 70's and it was streak free.  On surfaces that were hotter like glass it would streak but anything would streak.  I came back with the same towel as it was damp with CS3 and then came back with a second towel to alleviate that. 

On 5/22/2020 at 8:38 AM, SS LeadFoot said:

Did you ever finish the Grand Prix?

16 hours ago, The Guz said:

I used CS3 in full sun as a drying aid.  It was about mid to low 70's and it was streak free.  On surfaces that were hotter like glass it would streak but anything would streak.  I came back with the same towel as it was damp with CS3 and then came back with a second towel to alleviate that. 

Did you ever finish the Grand Prix?

Today it will be done. Started a house project that got in the way.