Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Forums First: Offical April Useless Thread!

6spdg37s

first off the barstool is extremely funny lol

There isn't much sold in the retail outlets, or anywhere for that matter, that is made in America. It's sickening if you ask me. :mad:

2ndly we were discussing the whole GM chrysler thing in class yesterday and its funny cause my teacher is a car guy n alota my friends in the class..we decided that GM especially needs to restructure and make cadillac seen as an extreme high end that will beat the crap out of mercedes bmw etc; as well as axe some other lines and roll some into others... but the point is..American products jsut dont seem to have the quality or dispaly it like they used to IMO.

Edited by 6spdg37s

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... but the point is..american products jsut dont seem to have the quality or dispaly it like they used to IMO.

You have the right to the opinion that American products are not as good as they used to be. We might need to address some outstanding issues, like the unfortunate status of the Labor Unions, which make our cars cost too much without the added benefit of materials, technology, etc.

Still, John, PLEASE show some respect!

PLEASE: CAPITALIZE "American" when on our forum. (Our country is worth holding down the "Shift" key for, at least.)

Thank You. :patriot:

^ sorry i was typing with food on my lap/keyboard at work...so i missed the cap button. i love America dont get me wrong!

edit: i should b working but i am thinking instead.. i wish i could go back to the 60s-70s and buy up a whole bunch of true muscle cars and then come back to present with all of them in mint condition with no milage... taht would be one amazing car collection :)

sidesidenote: do any of you guys like the deTomasso Pantera? i think there pretty cool and believe they have a GM 350? in them?

Edited by 6spdg37s

American cars built today are better in quality then they have EVER been -- hands down. The problem is that from about 1970 to 2000, the US automakers couldn't or wouldn't keep up with the competition. During that time a whole generation of Americans grew up on quality foreign cars, and now the US automakers are paying the price because opinions and perceptions are very hard to change.

Switching gears, The DeTomaso Pantera is powered by a Ford V8. It was built in Italy and sold through Lincoln Mercury dealerships in the early 1970s. From what I've read they had a lot of early problems with drivability and overheating, so they got a bad rep and never really took off. I'm sure they cost a lot more than a contemporary Corvette, too, so that probably didn't help. The later model years were better in quality, but they got sunk -- along virtually every other performance car -- when government-mandated emissions and oil shortages choked the life out of muscle cars in the mid-19070s.

Personally, I think those are kick-*** cars -- I'd love the opportunity to take one for a spin sometime. :cheers:

Why do people talk or text on the phone while they're driving?

I drive a truck and guess what I saw today going down I-16?

Yup! a woman BREASTFEEDING @ 70MPH!!

As a side note..... reminded me that it was lunchtime.......

I drive a truck and guess what I saw today going down I-16?

Yup! a woman BREASTFEEDING @ 70MPH!!

As a side note..... reminded me that it was lunchtime.......

Now thats what I call fast food:D

American cars built today are better in quality then they have EVER been -- hands down. The problem is that from about 1970 to 2000, the US automakers couldn't or wouldn't keep up with the competition. During that time a whole generation of Americans grew up on quality foreign cars, and now the US automakers are paying the price because opinions and perceptions are very hard to change.

I couldn't agree more and I'm not exactly an American car guy, just a car guy. When friends of mine go car shopping I always try to steer them towards some of the good American cars out there. I particularly like the G8, and new Malibu. I've driven both on a fairly long trip and both impressed me. Plus I love my Cobalt. :) Quartermile in the low 13 and 35mpgs. Can't beat it.

Speaking of Cobalt, some of my fellow Cobalt owners bug the crap out of me. I think it's immaturity maybe but many of them have chips on their shoulders and for some reason they feel the need to try and bring down the good knowledgeable members of the community and it's run many of them off. It's so sad.

Everyone in my family has foreign cars except me, my fiance, and my grandma. (granny grew up with her pops swearing by Fords)

It really bugs me though. And all they talk about is how my Ford is a POS.

My POS Ford would kick any one of their foreign arses any day! And win a show over any one of them as well.

Go AMERICA!!

Why do Americans support China by purchasing cheap, low-quality goods from Wal-Mart and other stores, when America needs the business more than ever?:confused:

I agree. But it's not just consumers: many, MANY companies look overseas to cut costs as well. A Dell computer is purchased by an American consumer: Built in Mexico with parts from China, Japan, & Korea. When it breaks, you call a support line in Canada and eventually get transferred to India or Pakistan and then get an automated follow-up e-mail that originated from China.

That's cheaper than doing it all right here in the U.S.A. for some reason. :confused:Which means to me: companies skirting environmental law & grossly exploiting cheap, foreign labor. It's a grip on reality & morals loosened by finding ways to boost the bottom line. Most consumers will only see the price tag, unfortunately and are ultimately the victims of corporate greed.

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

I always love to hear that a company has received enough backlash for outsourcing work to India/etc that they begin to bring those jobs back to the US. Consumers are starting to speak out against crappy support from India and demand US-based support. We need a lot more of that.

As for the quality of American Cars I beleive that all the new Ford's have excellent quality and are now on par with Toyota at JD powers now?

Like the new Taurus? 365 horsepower or something and a 6 speed auto with paddle shifters and a kick *** interior?

haha... ^^ is awesome. I had my first beer in years last night at an office get-together. Negra Modelo. Sure was good!

Also, not sure how well-known it is, but http://www.woot.com is a cool place for junk you dont need. they have an iPod speaker dock on there today that I am seriously considering.