Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sprayer issues

As a 110% dedicated to Adams products customer, I have to say the only problem I have had with any of the products, isn't made by them. The sprayers on the new ceramic line are horrible, in my opinion. They either don't work at all, get clogged after a few sprays, get jammed up and ceramic just pours out of the dispensers, etc. And yes I have cleaned them, cleaned them right after application of product, boiled them in hot water, pumped prep coat through them, useless. Anyone else with issues? The ceramic product line is awesome :banana:, as well as all Adams stuff, but the sprayers, ugh:mad: ! I have now poured my ceramic spray coating , boost, etc, into bigger bottles and now using Adams regular sprayers, NO ISSUES. Now I feel better. LOL !!

I was just getting ready to post the same. I’ve had sprayer for Tire Armor and Ceramic Boost both fail. In my last order they sent me an extra two sprayers so I’m OK for now.  I’ve also had a sprayer on my APC fail but that was probably due to it being nearly a decade old. It still sprayed but the sprayer had come apart from the rest of the assembly.

1 hour ago, Captain Slow said:

I was just getting ready to post the same. I’ve had sprayer for Tire Armor and Ceramic Boost both fail. In my last order they sent me an extra two sprayers so I’m OK for now.  I’ve also had a sprayer on my APC fail but that was probably due to it being nearly a decade old. It still sprayed but the sprayer had come apart from the rest of the assembly.

No issues with the regular sprayers just the ceramic ones

I thought this was going to be about the new regular sprayer... The ones I've gotten on the last two orders have a shorter pick up tube that doesn't reach the bottom of a regular bottle and the top flops around even when the cap is on tight. For us OCD folks that have keyed all of our sprayers to face one way in relation to the label it's a pain.

I've also given up on the small sprayers... Had two clog within about 4 pumps of ceramic spray coating. The new Graphene Spray uses the regular sprayer so that's awesome.

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, DaleH said:

I thought this was going to be about the new regular sprayer... The ones I've gotten on the last two orders have a shorter pick up tube that doesn't reach the bottom of a regular bottle and the top flops around even when the cap is on tight. For us OCD folks that have keyed all of our sprayers to face one way in relation to the label it's a pain.

I've also given up on the small sprayers... Had two clog within about 4 pumps of ceramic spray coating. The new Graphene Spray uses the regular sprayer so that's awesome.

Agreed. I don't use the ceramic sprayers enough, but the new sprayers have been really bad for me. I ordered sprayers from Adam's right when they swapped over to the new ones, and now I find myself re-using my old ones. The new ones just don't have much power and end up squirting out blanks when the product reaches below 25%. They also don't do well at an angle (facing down) probably due to the shorter straw.

On 8/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, DaleH said:

On 9/21/2020 at 10:43 PM, Sam Y said:

Agreed. I don't use the ceramic sprayers enough, but the new sprayers have been really bad for me. I ordered sprayers from Adam's right when they swapped over to the new ones, and now I find myself re-using my old ones. The new ones just don't have much power and end up squirting out blanks when the product reaches below 25%. They also don't do well at an angle (facing down) probably due to the shorter straw.

The current 16oz sprayers with the rotating head assembly and shorter pick up tube are due to a worldwide shortage on sprayers. We should eventually get back to the normal 16oz sprayers with the longer pick up tube and fixed sprayer head. It is a matter of that was all that we could source at the time.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:27 AM, 07stanggt said:

As a 110% dedicated to Adams products customer, I have to say the only problem I have had with any of the products, isn't made by them. The sprayers on the new ceramic line are horrible, in my opinion. They either don't work at all, get clogged after a few sprays, get jammed up and ceramic just pours out of the dispensers, etc. And yes I have cleaned them, cleaned them right after application of product, boiled them in hot water, pumped prep coat through them, useless. Anyone else with issues? The ceramic product line is awesome :banana:, as well as all Adams stuff, but the sprayers, ugh:mad: ! I have now poured my ceramic spray coating , boost, etc, into bigger bottles and now using Adams regular sprayers, NO ISSUES. Now I feel better. LOL !!

@07stanggt are you having issues with our first 8oz/12oz sprayer design - the all black sprayer with the left-right locking tab? Or are the problems with the current 8oz/12oz sprayer with the removable red plastic circle trigger lock? The current ones with the red plastic trigger lock have been working much better for me. Ceramic Spray Coating and Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating will crystallize at the end of the spray nozzle after use, so I usually take my fingernail or a needle to break away the hardened ceramic and then they will work fine for me again. Just make sure not to try to pull the spray trigger before cleaning off the end of the sprayer, otherwise it will build up pressure and can leak or potentially cause the sprayer to fail. 

I'm with Dan on this one.  The sprayers with the left/right open close were close to junk.  The nextgen with red trigger guard have not given me any problems what so ever.  While every company can end up sourcing a bad product, the companies that care are the ones that listen to the feedback and source something else.  I have yet to break or have one of the nextgen sprayers go bad, but having a needle around to clean the end is helpful.

Edited by RayS

On 9/23/2020 at 12:02 PM, Dan@Adams said:

@07stanggt are you having issues with our first 8oz/12oz sprayer design - the all black sprayer with the left-right locking tab? Or are the problems with the current 8oz/12oz sprayer with the removable red plastic circle trigger lock? The current ones with the red plastic trigger lock have been working much better for me. Ceramic Spray Coating and Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating will crystallize at the end of the spray nozzle after use, so I usually take my fingernail or a needle to break away the hardened ceramic and then they will work fine for me again. Just make sure not to try to pull the spray trigger before cleaning off the end of the sprayer, otherwise it will build up pressure and can leak or potentially cause the sprayer to fail. 

I have 4 of the old style sprayers when the line was just introduced. Cleaned out the sprayer, cleaned out the tube, boiled both, etc, no luck !

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, Dan@Adams said:

The current 16oz sprayers with the rotating head assembly and shorter pick up tube are due to a worldwide shortage on sprayers. We should eventually get back to the normal 16oz sprayers with the longer pick up tube and fixed sprayer head. It is a matter of that was all that we could source at the time.

Any idea when the old fixed head sprayers will be back? I'm running out... I refuse to use the temporary rotating head ones. They are so painful to use.

I'm talking about these: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-16oz-replacement-sprayers

45 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Any idea when the old fixed head sprayers will be back? I'm running out... I refuse to use the temporary rotating head ones. They are so painful to use.

I'm talking about these: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-16oz-replacement-sprayers

It's hit or miss. We occasionally receive shipments of these sprayers and they are shipped out in orders, but we run out of them fast. That is why some orders you receive may have these, and some may have the other ones with the rotating head.

Edit: There may be some forum members here with an overabundance of sprayers that may be willing to trade some items for them. Once you're at 50 posts you can make a thread in the Garage Sale section of the forum 👍